Polki Diamond Ring

LisaC2019

Polki Diamond Ring

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I ordered the Doorbuster Artisan Crafted Polki Diamond Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (3517191) 2.00 ctw and was not impressed with the ring at all. The ring arrived bent and the diamonds looked dirty...it was also really thin and fragile. I returned the ring and was surprised at the overall quality of the Polki diamonds. Anyone else order and like their Polki diamonds?
3 x

Jewls

Re: Polki Diamond Ring

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

I ordered a 1 carat band ring it was really thin and not very sparkly.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered the Doorbuster Artisan Crafted Polki Diamond Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (3517191) 2.00 ctw and was not impressed with the ring at all. The ring arrived bent and the diamonds looked dirty...it was also really thin and fragile. I returned the ring and was surprised at the overall quality of the Polki diamonds. Anyone else order and like their Polki diamonds?
Well...
Purely in the interest of helping out a fellow shopper/forum member I went into hubby’s safe just now. I “happen” to know that this item 3524622 is in there. I checked it out.
The diamonds in that piece are lovely with the exception of ONE. Grrr....😡
I looked at it many different ways (including louped) daylight, different lighting. I think this piece is beautiful overall with the one exception. Pretty sure it won’t be up to his standards but I am the one who put it on my list.
I don’t know if I would return it for the one diamond that is not good. It’s quite obvious. Again this is a quality control issue. But as this is a (at some time) gift I would be hesitant to exchange it. I wouldn’t want hubby to feel bad.
It’s sad when someone can’t rely on quality to give to someone.
I’m sorry that yours is yuck.
4 x

LisaC2019

Jewls wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered a 1 carat band ring it was really thin and not very sparkly.
Yes, I was also surprised at how dull the ring was. During the presentation it was stated the diamonds were thinly cut but I did not realize how fragile it would be until I actually saw it in person.
3 x

LisaC2019

RS wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Well...
Purely in the interest of helping out a fellow shopper/forum member I went into hubby’s safe just now. I “happen” to know that this item 3524622 is in there. I checked it out.
The diamonds in that piece are lovely with the exception of ONE. Grrr....😡
I looked at it many different ways (including louped) daylight, different lighting. I think this piece is beautiful overall with the one exception. Pretty sure it won’t be up to his standards but I am the one who put it on my list.
I don’t know if I would return it for the one diamond that is not good. It’s quite obvious. Again this is a quality control issue. But as this is a (at some time) gift I would be hesitant to exchange it. I wouldn’t want hubby to feel bad.
It’s sad when someone can’t rely on quality to give to someone.
I’m sorry that yours is yuck.
Well thank you very much for helping a fellow shopper and forum member out :D That is a lovely piece and I really like the placement of the diamonds on the necklace. Your husband has really good taste and did you know there were matching earrings and a bracelet? You definitely have to loupe these pieces because to the naked eye they look really nice. However, upon further inspection you can see the real underlying issues.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

We've noticed that many of Shoplc's diamonds leave much to be desired. In order to offer us higher quality they would certainly have to charge more. Polki diamonds are not faceted , just rough diamonds that are cut and polished so it is more difficult to hide blemishes. Im sure they arent using the highest quality as they would be saved for graded diamonds.
4 x

LisaC2019

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
We've noticed that many of Shoplc's diamonds leave much to be desired. In order to offer us higher quality they would certainly have to charge more. Polki diamonds are not faceted , just rough diamonds that are cut and polished so it is more difficult to hide blemishes. Im sure they arent using the highest quality as they would be saved for graded diamonds.

Gemsnob you are probably correct in your assessment. I was happy that the diamonds were natural but really disappointed in the overall quality of the diamonds.
5 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
That ring has been on my mental order list for the past month. I decided I liked it but waited since things have been chaotic there.
I'm really sad to hear your description of thin bent and dirty. That is not what I saw on presentation. They say the On-Air "sample" is picked at random. They've been saying this for years. I've never felt sure that was true tho.

Guess I'll be skipping this one.
I'm wondering if any forum members have purchased any Green Diamonds from SLC ?
That's on my list too. Should I bother?
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
That ring has been on my mental order list for the past month. I decided I liked it but waited since things have been chaotic there.
I'm really sad to hear your description of thin bent and dirty. That is not what I saw on presentation. They say the On-Air "sample" is picked at random. They've been saying this for years. I've never felt sure that was true tho.

I bought a .25 ct green diamond ring right before Christmas last year. Its my first green diamond purchase. They had really caught my eye. Im quite happy with it and I wear it often. I was surprised that I liked the color as much as I did but it goes with a lot of things I wear. I would definitely consider buying more green diamonds.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

I bought a .25 ct green diamond ring right before Christmas last year. Its my first green diamond purchase. They had really caught my eye. Im quite happy with it and I wear it often. I was surprised that I liked the color as much as I did but it goes with a lot of things I wear. I would definitely consider buying more green diamonds.
👀👀👀👀 goes looking for green diamonds...
3 x