Co Hosts

Kittycat

Re: Co Hosts

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I use to look forward to watching,was so happy when I found LC 1 1\2 yrs ago,now not so much,hosts trying to out do one another,yelling, acting crazy and\ or stupid with pricing games, shipping and tax changes. It just goes on and on. Now I dont know if todays price is the best or the next day they will do better. It seems they have changed a lot, it's no wonder they keep losing hosts.
10 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
I use to look forward to watching,was so happy when I found LC 1 1\2 yrs ago,now not so much,hosts trying to out do one another,yelling, acting crazy and\ or stupid with pricing games, shipping and tax changes. It just goes on and on. Now I dont know if todays price is the best or the next day they will do better. It seems they have changed a lot, it's no wonder they keep losing hosts.
I used to look forward to watching as well. For a long time, I didnt even watch or purchase from another network. Its a shame that they are putting their wants ahead of their customers. They actually had a good thing going.
8 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

I watched Anika & Michele last night. They did have good rapport for awhile, until Anika used a movie phrase "dino dna," and Michele had no idea what that was. They argued about it way too long! I don't know that phrase either, nor do I care!

I think Marva was given the actual mentoring or maybe supervising task to train Michele, and the emotions you don't like seeing her express (Marva) may be from frustration at Michele's progress. During the overnight broadcast, Michele kept going into her very long tales or explanations, and I could tell when the Director (Mark) had to keep interrupting her to get back on point! She seems a bit OCD & ADD to me. I hope she creates for herself some quick one-liners like the other hosts use! She seems to have deep gem knowledge, and does have a handle on things like: directing us to the phone number, budget pay, low in stock, etc., but she always gets it wrong on how to quickly join the "family." She has repeatedly said you need: name, address ..., but you only need name, (phone number?), email & create a PIN to join. You put in the details at your first order, including mailing info, and billing info. If encouraged, I'm sure "Cousin Shelly" will get in the groove soon enough. There is so much to master that we don't see, like their tablets, and wireless microphones, etc. I wasn't happy to see that they stuck to the crappy 30% wheel spins, since it is obvious that they CAN GO DOWN TO 50%! Maybe the wheel should be changed to include free shipping, free silver cleaning cloths, or some other token item like maybe the daily grab bag (which could contain some costume jewelry clearance items)! Just a thought! That would make it more fun to watch! And might motivate sales.
6 x

Gemsnob

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
I watched Anika & Michele last night. They did have good rapport for awhile, until Anika used a movie phrase "dino dna," and Michele had no idea what that was. They argued about it way too long! I don't know that phrase either, nor do I care!

I think Marva was given the actual mentoring or maybe supervising task to train Michele, and the emotions you don't like seeing her express (Marva) may be from frustration at Michele's progress. During the overnight broadcast, Michele kept going into her very long tales or explanations, and I could tell when the Director (Mark) had to keep interrupting her to get back on point! She seems a bit OCD & ADD to me. I hope she creates for herself some quick one-liners like the other hosts use! She seems to have deep gem knowledge, and does have a handle on things like: directing us to the phone number, budget pay, low in stock, etc., but she always gets it wrong on how to quickly join the "family." She has repeatedly said you need: name, address ..., but you only need name, (phone number?), email & create a PIN to join. You put in the details at your first order, including mailing info, and billing info. If encouraged, I'm sure "Cousin Shelly" will get in the groove soon enough. There is so much to master that we don't see, like their tablets, and wireless microphones, etc. I wasn't happy to see that they stuck to the crappy 30% wheel spins, since it is obvious that they CAN GO DOWN TO 50%! Maybe the wheel should be changed to include free shipping, free silver cleaning cloths, or some other token item like maybe the daily grab bag (which could contain some costume jewelry clearance items)! Just a thought! That would make it more fun to watch! And might motivate sales.
Those are all great ideas but I cant imagine Amit giving anything away for free the way he likes raising prices. He likes money more than customers and will find out his choices have back fired in the long run.
6 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Oh, Vicky! You hit the nail on the head here! I was so happy to see these two back together. I hope we all never have to endure the ice cold treatment of Marva towards Michelle ever again! Anika is a class act, and you can tell Michelle feels at home with her. I still can't get over the distasteful display of nastiness I saw the other day from Marva. It was the most unprofessional behavior, and in the real world. Marva would have been sent to HR immediately.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Hi Hayhaypaula - were you watching SLC when Marva was being trained ?? Her co- hosts put up with alot of goof ups, but all were kind to her. So quick she forgets how much training she needed. Or maybe she never knew how bad she was when she started, because her co-hosts acted kind and professional towards her.
4 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Watched "Tennessee" shopping channel last night and a pleasure. One host speaking, not two with each trying to get their own two cents in. Items measured, told exactly how much gram weight each item weighed, was told what particular cut of stone was on both the bale of a pendant and the pendant, and was told exactly how many stones were on items. Was also told the mms of a single stone .because it was measured on air.Was told event would end and prices of items would go back up at a particular time. (not just prices jumping back up WITHOUT being told.) Even this channel has two cohost at times but I personally have never seen one of the host trying to hijack the whole presentation and not let other host speak. Maybe has happened but I have never seen it and I have watched this channel long before Shoplc. I know there are times all this does not happen and there will never be the perfect presentation. But this type of presentation is what I am looking for. Some stories told, some light banter between host, but the basis of presentation is generally focused on the jewelry by measuring, describing, gram weight, etc. No screaming and hollering, no pressure tactics. just a host describing items professionally to me. I especially like the "____friend friday" event on "Tennessee" channel. In my personal opinion only, that is the way two cohosts should act with each other. . Dionne, Jessica, Becky and many others shine when presenting by themselves. But even if the two cohost continues, which I am sure it will, as long as each host is respectful to each other and do not over talk the other and there is no screamng and hollering, and items are described in detail , I am okay with that .My personal opinion only.
7 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

VERY well said.

I started with the other channel you referenced long before trying this channel but got hooked in with the rising auctions and the $2 shipping on Fridays. Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see something "valued" at $69.99 that actually sells for $9.99 going for $40 on RA or "valued" at $129.99 with a normal price of $14.99 bid up to $40-$50!
4 x

Gemsnob

CC wrote:
4 years ago
Watched "Tennessee" shopping channel last night and a pleasure. One host speaking, not two with each trying to get their own two cents in. Items measured, told exactly how much gram weight each item weighed, was told what particular cut of stone was on both the bale of a pendant and the pendant, and was told exactly how many stones were on items. Was also told the mms of a single stone .because it was measured on air.Was told event would end and prices of items would go back up at a particular time. (not just prices jumping back up WITHOUT being told.) Even this channel has two cohost at times but I personally have never seen one of the host trying to hijack the whole presentation and not let other host speak. Maybe has happened but I have never seen it and I have watched this channel long before Shoplc. I know there are times all this does not happen and there will never be the perfect presentation. But this type of presentation is what I am looking for. Some stories told, some light banter between host, but the basis of presentation is generally focused on the jewelry by measuring, describing, gram weight, etc. No screaming and hollering, no pressure tactics. just a host describing items professionally to me. I especially like the "____friend friday" event on "Tennessee" channel. In my personal opinion only, that is the way two cohosts should act with each other. . Dionne, Jessica, Becky and many others shine when presenting by themselves. But even if the two cohost continues, which I am sure it will, as long as each host is respectful to each other and do not over talk the other and there is no screamng and hollering, and items are described in detail , I am okay with that .My personal opinion only.
You mean Scott isnt screaming "Girrrlll" at the grown women sitting next to him? Imagine that!
2 x

Gemsnob

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago

Michelle used to try to be funny on GSN. She used that weird voice. Im glad shes toned it all down. There is way more showing of product here and talking where as GSN was a lot more social with people on set. I think its been an adjustment for her.
1 x