CZ's are all the same???

jojoschis

CZ's are all the same???

Post by jojoschis » 4 years ago

When SLC is selling the lower priced CZ jewelry, they claim that ALL CZ's are the same and that other shopping channels gave theirs a fancy name just to be able to charge high prices. BUT, when SLC came out with their "fancy" named Lustro stella line, suddenly they had the best, top shelf CZ's on the planet!!! I believe they just gave plain old CZ's a fancy name so THEY could charge high prices also.
8 x

Gemsnob

Re: CZ's are all the same???

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Funny how that works.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

jojoschis wrote:
4 years ago
When SLC is selling the lower priced CZ jewelry, they claim that ALL CZ's are the same and that other shopping channels gave theirs a fancy name just to be able to charge high prices. BUT, when SLC came out with their "fancy" named Lustro stella line, suddenly they had the best, top shelf CZ's on the planet!!! I believe they just gave plain old CZ's a fancy name so THEY could charge high prices also.
You never really know what is behind the entire thought process or the actual jewelry. I think that all the CZ is lower grade and even some of the so called diamonds are simulants and that's just me thinking out loud.
3 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

jojoschis wrote:
4 years ago
Years ago I bought a J Francis Swarovski CZ 7 stone cluster ring in sterling silver. I tell ya, that ring was made like a tank but still elegant in it's design. The Swarovski CZ stones in that ring made my real diamonds blush. And I have some really nice grade and color diamond jewelry. J Francis was some of the very best line they carried. I gave Lustro Stella a try and was NOT all that impressed. I bought a ring that had baguettes in the design and boy was I disappointed. The baguettes were dull, see through and lifeless. So needless to say, no more Lustro Stella for me. Yes, there are high quality CZs and junk CZs. ;)
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

In cz the only ones worth having are Swarovski IMHO. They don't scratch easily or dull or cloud over. I have some well over 10 years old and they still sparkle like new. I purchased several of the Lustro Stella brand and was more than impressed upon first sight and at the risk of sounding like a broken record was woefully disappointed after 2 days of wearing. Dulled right up.
5 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
In cz the only ones worth having are Swarovski IMHO. They don't scratch easily or dull or cloud over. I have some well over 10 years old and they still sparkle like new. I purchased several of the Lustro Stella brand and was more than impressed upon first sight and at the risk of sounding like a broken record was woefully disappointed after 2 days of wearing. Dulled right up.
I have to agree with you...they look great when you first wear but over time start to dull!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have caught them saying the same thing, how all CZ"s are the same but then turned around and said they had like AAA CZ's. I once read an article that explained that not all CZ"s are created equal and there is a difference in quality. I have purchased a few from here and sent them back. When they say other networks cost more they are right but I have some from the J network and they are better quality then what I received from here and they are in rhodium over silver not in silvertone or goldtone like most of shop lc"s so of course they will cost more, you can not even compare the two. When Nikki usually says they are the same it is usually when they are showing the under $10 rings, I even wrote in and told her the other networks are not in silvertone.
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I buy some czs throughout the years, especially from the Q, their Diamonique line. I’ve had this one ring for years That a former host designed. It’s in silver with rhodium and it’s still as pretty and sparkly as the day I received it. I’ve got a few of ShopLC czs and they’ve dulled and look nothing like what was presented on air-in size of the stones. Yes I think there’s a difference in the quality of czs and the one from the Q, cost a bit more but it’s still shining like diamonds and I get so many compliments on it. I’m cautious of most of the czs here and have the J Francis ring and it’s still pretty.
3 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
jojoschis wrote:
4 years ago
You never really know what is behind the entire thought process or the actual jewelry. I think that all the CZ is lower grade and even some of the so called diamonds are simulants and that's just me thinking out loud.
If you really think your diamonds are fake then you need to get them appraised to find out for sure. It is illegal to state something is one thing when it really isn't and then sell it. I see people making comments like this, and though I agree SLC is guilty of making some items seem and appear better on screen, it's fraudulent to actually sell something as a diamond when it's really not. They aren't THAT stupid. They treat all their diamonds which is why they can sell then for such a low price. They're highly included but they cover it up with all their multiple treatments. I myself go rockhounding in my state all the time, I have a geologist in the family, and I myself am a science major that had to learn about chemicals and rocks and all that fun stuff. Their stones aren't fake unless they specify that they are simulated. I do see some poorer quality stones but those are the ones they usually sell for under 30 dollars.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
jojoschis wrote:
4 years ago
If you really think your diamonds are fake then you need to get them appraised to find out for sure. It is illegal to state something is one thing when it really isn't and then sell it. I see people making comments like this, and though I agree SLC is guilty of making some items seem and appear better on screen, it's fraudulent to actually sell something as a diamond when it's really not. They aren't THAT stupid. They treat all their diamonds which is why they can sell then for such a low price. They're highly included but they cover it up with all their multiple treatments. I myself go rockhounding in my state all the time, I have a geologist in the family, and I myself am a science major that had to learn about chemicals and rocks and all that fun stuff. Their stones aren't fake unless they specify that they are simulated. I do see some poorer quality stones but those are the ones they usually sell for under 30 dollars.
You do know JTV sold gem parcels as genuine gemstones when in fact they were not, dont you? It does happen. Im not sure why you keep bringing up that you are a science major as it has nothing to do with SLC or the comments or opinions others have. Much of science is based on theory anyway.
3 x