CZ's are all the same???

Dragonfly

Re: CZ's are all the same???

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

WOW Gem snob--did you really just say that science has nothing to do with this site? If one wants to be a discerning gem buyer they should try to learn a little something. Knowledge of the area you are investing in will arm you with the weapons to know what is junk and what is worth buying. I am in the financial investing area and I make sure my clients are informed of the pros and cons and what traps are out there--I would advise them to do the same in anything that they are spending money on and assets they are acquiring.
I love this site because the gems are unique and many of them are just beautiful and so much more interesting than the usual stuff in the Mall stores and even in most of the Mom and Pop stores.
Who would willingly try to remain uninformed or to not value a scientific view point? What are gems--they are rocks...they are part of the whole geological history of our planet--so, in my opinion, science is VERY valid and relevant on this site. It is great if a person who is in the science field takes time to share with others on this site. Do you have a problem with people who know things?
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
WOW Gem snob--did you really just say that science has nothing to do with this site? If one wants to be a discerning gem buyer they should try to learn a little something. Knowledge of the area you are investing in will arm you with the weapons to know what is junk and what is worth buying. I am in the financial investing area and I make sure my clients are informed of the pros and cons and what traps are out there--I would advise them to do the same in anything that they are spending money on and assets they are acquiring.
I love this site because the gems are unique and many of them are just beautiful and so much more interesting than the usual stuff in the Mall stores and even in most of the Mom and Pop stores.
Who would willingly try to remain uninformed or to not value a scientific view point? What are gems--they are rocks...they are part of the whole geological history of our planet--so, in my opinion, science is VERY valid and relevant on this site. It is great if a person who is in the science field takes time to share with others on this site. Do you have a problem with people who know things?
Thats not what I said at all. I have no issue with people who "know things". Thats funny actually. I actually try to encourage everyone on here to do their own research and not rely on the hosts for their education, or not rely on anyone for that matter. I hear incorrect info given by every host. The reason is new gems are found, new treatments done and they cant know it all. They also will only tell what they need to to make a sale. What I said was this person being a science major doesnt impact someones opinion. The previous comment stated it was clearly her opinion. There was no need to act as if they werent allowed to have it or even say Shoplc wouldnt be stupid enough to sell something that they said was one thing but wasnt. It happens.
2 x

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

And Ginger--about 12 or more years ago I purchased a QVC Diamonique necklace for $100.00 and that necklace has fooled some pretty sophisticated people when I wore it to a business gathering--they go on about my diamonds and I let them. They are still beautiful and sparkly like you said and it makes me smile how some people who are competitive got a little uneasy. I have to say that QVC did a great job on that line of jewelry--I don't know if they still put out the same quality, but they sure did then. My necklace has never lost its clarity and shine. I was happy to see that someone else like those diamonique too!
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Dragonfly, I am so happy to hear you like Diamonique like me. I don’t know if you remember the former host-Lisa Mason? But it’s a ring that’s associated with her and she is no longer with the Q since her beloved Gino passed away. I wear it as a wedding band and it was known as the snowflake or flower ring and looks like it has 5 bands attached to it. It fools everyone all the time and just a soft toothbrush with warm soapy water is all the cleaning it needs. I am hard on jewelry and it doesn’t have a scratch on it. I’ve not bought anything like that in a long time but have some of their solid stainless steel watches with a few Diamonique stones and they’re still ticking and beautiful. I wish they would bring back where we can post pictures on here.
3 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

I have czs from j,q and hsn. For years and still are beautiful. The ones that from LC are not near as nice and pretty as my others so there really is a difference. Sheryl and Nicki and Kim all worked at JTV so they know better.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I do not think any of the shopping networks would intentionally sell fakes without disclosing it but it has happened and can happen that they might buy a parcel of stones thinking they are real and then resell them.
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I do not think any of the shopping networks would intentionally sell fakes without disclosing it but it has happened and can happen that they might buy a parcel of stones thinking they are real and then resell them.
I know JTV did because I know the person that was the host at the time. From what I understand, JTV bought what they thought were genuine gems but they found out after the purchase they were not and they still dumped them on customers as genuine gems. What may happen is only a few out of a parcel are tested so the seller sticks JTV with fake gems. They in turn frauded consumers.
1 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

mpompadour wrote:
4 years ago
jojoschis wrote:
4 years ago
When SLC is selling the lower priced CZ jewelry, they claim that ALL CZ's are the same and that other shopping channels gave theirs a fancy name just to be able to charge high prices. BUT, when SLC came out with their "fancy" named Lustro stella line, suddenly they had the best, top shelf CZ's on the planet!!! I believe they just gave plain old CZ's a fancy name so THEY could charge high prices also.
Years ago I bought a J Francis Swarovski CZ 7 stone cluster ring in sterling silver. I tell ya, that ring was made like a tank but still elegant in it's design. The Swarovski CZ stones in that ring made my real diamonds blush. And I have some really nice grade and color diamond jewelry. J Francis was some of the very best line they carried. I gave Lustro Stella a try and was NOT all that impressed. I bought a ring that had baguettes in the design and boy was I disappointed. The baguettes were dull, see through and lifeless. So needless to say, no more Lustro Stella for me. Yes, there are high quality CZs and junk CZs. ;)
I agree! The J. Francis line was impeccable quality for the money! I too have many beautiful pieces from that line and I normally steer clear of the fake stones and under $10 type pieces! So that is saying a lot!
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I remember that infamous advertising JTV made about red andesine-labradorite. They claimed repeatedly that this was the gem of the Olympics (held in Beijing at the time) stating that the gem color is natural, untreated and that it came from from a mine in Congo. Turned to be a huge lie with many people suing them. The gem color is diffused and was no mine in Congo. The gem is a pale yellow labradorite from Mexico. JTV had to refund all those customers for that huge scandal. They were in hot water. They still sell that gem but now the treatment says diffused instead of none.
2 x