What Is Shop LC Hiding?

NYCGirl

What Is Shop LC Hiding?

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

Shop LC doesn't appear to be making an effort show their jewelry up close and personal on live TV, or in videos of their live TV presentations. In the vast majority of online videos (or on live TV) you don't get a tour of the item, or see the host wearing it for any length of time. What you get, is the host talking over a pre-fab beauty shot playing on an endless loop, or If you're lucky enough to see the host demonstrating the jewelry, it's over in a flash, (example video of opal earrings, item 3462341). So I have to ask: What is Shop LC trying to hide? In some online video presentations, you see the host talking about the item, and talking, and talking,..and just when it seems the camera is going to show the piece of jewelry, boom, the video ends! This is delivering frustration. It is not delivering joy.
8 x

Topic Tags:

Spooky

Re: What Is Shop LC Hiding?

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

They’re hiding everything you’d need to
know to make an informed decision. I’m
tired of the outright lies
6 x

jhardy1456

Post by jhardy1456 » 4 years ago

I think they are hiding all kinds of things. Imagine buying this in an auction and then find out you could have bought it cheaper on the same site without bidding and paying more??

I just watched an auction where Carol won the bidding with $101.00 and she could have bought the exact same item on the same site, different page for 3 easy payments of $30.00!

IN the Auction the estimated retail value is $659.99 then on another page the retail value is $90.00 ?? How do they do that??

I capture pictures of both but I guess that's why you are not allowed to attach anything in here. The famous Arizona Sleeping Beauty Pendant on Bead Necklace. Everything in the auctions can be bought cheaper elsewhere on the site. It's amazing. I wonder what the FCC would think of that?
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

When the host holds things up to their ear or chest and the camera fails to show it, it’s because that shot shows how small and plain looking the jewelry really is🙄 There are several cameras which take shots, a shot “manager” makes the choice which shot should be shown. Of course most of the time they choose the lighttbox shot that is multiplied at least 25x so a tiny hard to see stone, looks huge. The light box also has special lighting to enhance the item. We as victims see the lightbox shot and believe that item we get will look like that, UNTIL WE OPEN THE THE PKG😱🤬
5 x

Barbara

Post by Barbara » 4 years ago

I agree that the camera needs improvement and would like the hosts to put on the jewelry with a normal camera distance as if one is sitting across a table at dinner. Then, feel free to zoom in, but I don’t want to see pores on skin. That’s not real
Speaking of magnification, I was playing with the phone and magnifying my jewelry as if it was a jewelers loupe. Pretty cool
Happy New Year!
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Thinking the closer you get to the item the better you will see it is junk. I have decided against purchases after the camera zoomed in during some of the presentations. I could see the scratches on rings, blemishes, and the cloudiness of some of the stones. Even on the website some of the pictures look like the coating on the jewelry was peeling off.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

My reply about what they're hiding?

Quite a lot.
5 x

jojoschis

Post by jojoschis » 4 years ago

They only show it up close when they put it in the light box with the filters to make it look good. I recall them knocking JTV for doing the same thing they are now doing. :o
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

jojoschis wrote:
4 years ago
They only show it up close when they put it in the light box with the filters to make it look good. I recall them knocking JTV for doing the same thing they are now doing. :o
I know! I want to see the earring on the ear UP CLOSE, not twenty feet away! Same with the necklaces. Why dont they show them closely? Its ok to see from a few feet away as well because thats how others will see it but I want to see what I will see looking in the mirror.
2 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

Personally think that most of the do a terrible job of showing the jewelry.
3 x