Co Hosts

Tina

Re: Co Hosts

Post by Tina » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
Why do they have to have co- hosts anyway? It seems one always has to try to out talk the other. Even Katie and Craig, I love Katie, she is one of my favorites, so professional, no yelling etc. But when her husband Craig is on with her, he is always talking way more and she is even quieter.
Yeah, I like Katie; I do not like Craig. It's obvious that he has some control issues. He likes to be heard....not just seen.
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
CC wrote:
4 years ago
Watched "Tennessee" shopping channel last night and a pleasure. One host speaking, not two with each trying to get their own two cents in. Items measured, told exactly how much gram weight each item weighed, was told what particular cut of stone was on both the bale of a pendant and the pendant, and was told exactly how many stones were on items. Was also told the mms of a single stone .because it was measured on air.Was told event would end and prices of items would go back up at a particular time. (not just prices jumping back up WITHOUT being told.) Even this channel has two cohost at times but I personally have never seen one of the host trying to hijack the whole presentation and not let other host speak. Maybe has happened but I have never seen it and I have watched this channel long before Shoplc. I know there are times all this does not happen and there will never be the perfect presentation. But this type of presentation is what I am looking for. Some stories told, some light banter between host, but the basis of presentation is generally focused on the jewelry by measuring, describing, gram weight, etc. No screaming and hollering, no pressure tactics. just a host describing items professionally to me. I especially like the "____friend friday" event on "Tennessee" channel. In my personal opinion only, that is the way two cohosts should act with each other. . Dionne, Jessica, Becky and many others shine when presenting by themselves. But even if the two cohost continues, which I am sure it will, as long as each host is respectful to each other and do not over talk the other and there is no screamng and hollering, and items are described in detail , I am okay with that .My personal opinion only.
You mean Scott isnt screaming "Girrrlll" at the grown women sitting next to him? Imagine that!
😂😂😂 I tried to picture that.
2 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

I hate that * music. Katie is very professional and to me Nicki acts like a air head. Shawn is not to bad but a lot of them drive me nuts.
6 x

Mai

Post by Mai » 4 years ago

One of the reason I don't watch ShopLc if Marva was the host or co - host..😠
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Hi Margui. Happy New year to you too. Michelle was a host on GEM SHOPPING NETWORK. Since they mainly sell very high end jewelry up to half million dollars, they only hire very knowledgable hosts in the Gem world..
My heart broke for her, when I saw how she was treated by Marva. I watch Shoplc for years, hosts come and go. I never saw anyone else what seemed deliberate, treated that way. Maybe Marva resents southerners because they weren’t nice to her Native Ancestors. Michelle is not responsible what happened centuries ago.
Anyway last night Michelle was on with Anika who was just the epitome of CLASS. They joked around, described the items they were selling, which enticed viewers to buy from them. They are on tonight again.
Maybe Marva should be made to watch them, to learn how to leave your TANTRUMS at home, and respect your co- host.
Thank you, Vicky for confirmed that. I was confusing her with another host who used to work at ShopLC years ago. Her name was also Michelle. Not Michelle Stoffel or Michele Lau.
4 x

kaylee3

Post by kaylee3 » 4 years ago

Gemsnob I so agree. It drives me crazy when Adi throws in his "gurrllll". Also at times he talks so fast with the auctions. Slow down Adi and sell the merchandise
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

kaylee3 wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob I so agree. It drives me crazy when Adi throws in his "gurrllll". Also at times he talks so fast with the auctions. Slow down Adi and sell the merchandise
I swear if he kept doing that to me I would have to bi**hslap him with a faux leather wallet. Lol Im certain that would be perfectly acceptable too with all the crazy stuff the hosts get away with. Just another train wreck! Nothing to see here! :lol:
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Okay, guess I will be the odd man out today lol. I respect everyone's opinion, and I do understand. The only thing that really aggravates me is when they talk hateful to us on air when a product is not selling as well as they would like it to. For me, I am 55, and there is nothing they can say to make me buy if I am not interested. If I like it and feel the price is good, I will buy. If I am not interested, or don't feel it is a good value, or in my budget at that time, I will not buy. I literally change the channel if they start speaking harshly over and over, and it makes me tune in less and less. Don't like doing business with people like that.
I agree!

When they behave that way, what are they actually doing?
It's called BULLYING!
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Well- now Marva is co-hosting with Shannon. She is interacting, being very welcoming to Shannon as her co- host. Many fake laughs too. I cant forget how bad she treated Michelle. Too bad Shoplc gave into her, and gave her Shannon as a co host. I will not buy anything while Marva hosts until she apologizes to Michelle. Many of my web friends feel the same. It was unacceptable. Unfortunately, it seems Shoplc condones that behavior or wasn’t aware. Let them review those tapes and be shocked at her behavior.🤬
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Good morning Vicky
Question.......I've been offline do you happen to know what happened to the thread about RS ??? Dont know why it is deleted ???? Thanks Gypsy
1 x