RS...We Are Worried About You & We Miss You!

Catticus

Re: RS...We Are Worried About You & We Miss You!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Here's the last part of it. Then Hollie wrote that Cheryl once said something about normally being as quiet as "a church moose" and RS laughed wondering if Hollie meant to type "mouse", but accidentally typed "moose", or if Hollie did that intentionally.
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Grizzy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I get upset over issues concerning SLC service and products. Nothing else.

My aim is not to antagonize.
RS is not unkind, more often than not she is a voice of reason on this frequently unreasonable forum. Yes, blah, blah, blah people don’t like Cheryl’s sales style. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn’t like at least one of the hosts. I know I don’t like them all. But hey, they’re just doing their jobs to the best of their ability and I honestly don’t know if I could do what they do.
Thank you Grizzy🥺

I was thinking about you as I responded earlier.

I appreciate your kind words.

Am I hateful and awful? I’m in tears trying to figure out when, why...
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Seems there were several conversations going on at once and some "cross posting" & misunderstood phrasing that may have caused the hurt feelings and silence, but doesn't explain the deleted thread.
2 x

Catticus

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I was online for a bit that night but it was much later when I actually read the back and forth that went on and I didn't ' like' post for same reason you stated with the wording it would've come across wrong
@Gypsy

Exactly! I couldn't click like on that post!

I felt she was upset, because she was posting her order numbers to Danielle. But I thought she was upset about her orders, and the changes with SLC. She wrote a thread called "Ode", regarding SLC.

In looking at the last exchanges she had over words stated about Cheryl, then her post above, I now see she was likely feeling alone.
😟
1 x

Catticus

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Seems there were several conversations going on at once and some "cross posting" & misunderstood phrasing that may have caused the hurt feelings and silence, but doesn't explain the deleted thread.
Yes! Exactly as you said!

I feel awful if RS feels "abandoned."

And then the thread being removed? That's bothering me, too!
😟
2 x

Gypsy

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I was online for a bit that night but it was much later when I actually read the back and forth that went on and I didn't ' like' post for same reason you stated with the wording it would've come across wrong
@Gypsy

Exactly! I couldn't click like on that post!

I felt she was upset, because she was posting her order numbers to Danielle. But I thought she was upset about her orders, and the changes with SLC. She wrote a thread called "Ode", regarding SLC.

In looking at the last exchanges she had over words stated about Cheryl, then her post above, I now see she was likely feeling alone.
😟
😢 and now we're not reaching her
2 x

Catticus

But if she looks on this forum she CAN read these posts.

You don't have to be a member to read them.

RS! PLEASE, IF YOU LEFT, COME BACCCCCCK!!!!
3 x

Catticus

I logged out of the forum and the SLC website.

I then went to SLC, and was able to read the forum. I just wasn't able to click like or post.

RS,
PLEASE RETURN TO US!!!!
2 x

Gypsy

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
I logged out of the forum and the SLC website.

I then went to SLC, and was able to read the forum. I just wasn't able to click like or post.

RS,
PLEASE RETURN TO US!!!!
Think we've done all we can do to get messages to RS
But I'd still REALLY like to know how and why original thread was deleted....that bothers me 🤔
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Could it be that shop lc banned her for some reason? She did nothing wrong but you never know or maybe she was so upset she deleted herself. I hope she see's she is missed and comes back, I feel we have all become friends on here even though we have not personally met, we have become like a family of sorts.
2 x

wolfgirl

Post by wolfgirl » 4 years ago

I had wondered what happened to this thread also, and had been contemplating on how I wanted to post. I miss RS and her sense of humor, her stories, and her knowledge of products (did not know about bonded leather until she mentioned it). I have learned many things from other posters on this site who are very knowledgeable about gem stones. And, while I agree that everyone should be able to post their opinion about pretty much everything on forum, I do think the tone of some posts have really gotten out of hand and just way too mean spirited. I think maybe RS feels the same way. There are hosts that many of us have issues with, but they are human and will make mistakes. Calling for them to be fired is horrible! Just don't watch for those 2 hours when they are on. I know, it's your right to be able to watch without having to mute, be offended, etc. but it's TV programming and you can't dictate to YOUR preferences. I personally like Cheryl but she can get exuberant and I just lower the volume. I work with someone who is a "Debbie Downer" and is negative ALL DAY LONG- nothing makes her happy. By the end of the day, I am so depressed- have asked if I can be moved, but no where else I can be placed (they had already moved one person who was working with her and I was the "lucky" one who took her place). So, watching someone who is excited about their job, even when really exuberant, helps brighten my day. And then, not only has the negativity and hatefulness bombarded the hosts, it is being turned on other forum members, and RS is a prime example. I have been visiting the forum occasionally and reading posts but not responding as I probably would not come back to this forum if someone was that hateful to me. And, taking chance with this post, but so be it. It's the start of the new year, and I am trying to be a better person: kinder, nicer, and more understanding, but it is hard! I just wish this forum could get back to the way it was when I first started reading/posting. People voiced their frustrations but not so mean and hateful. And, I appreciate other posters with more knowledge (scientific or not :ugeek: ) sharing that knowledge with us. I have learned many things about gem stones and can make better informed purchases. I hope and pray RS and Sue B read the words of comfort and friendship many of us have posted here and return to share with us soon! Wolfgirl
1 x