Continuously Losing Bids

Lulu

Re: Continuously Losing Bids

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

I have yet to win an auction so don't bid anymore.

One of the most fun times was watching an andalusite cluster ring that could have been bought the day before for $54 and change get bid up to over $200 by a persistent bidder named Michael. Hee! Fun times. :lol:
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Before I lost my bids to this Grey guy. I won a pair of star earrings set with Kyanites at auction. The gems are nice but one of them is scratched, so now I have to change those stones. After that I don't think I will bid again.
1 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Michael also bids high on everything and purses must own a store or just bored
2 x

suzq

Post by suzq » 4 years ago

Today, I know I won a bracelet and my screen even said it. I was so excited. When I went to my pay purchase screen and it had that someone else got it so it makes me wonder "What????"-- The bracelet was expensive and I knew I had got a good deal, but how could my screen say one thing and then later it said I was outbid? Anyone else ever had this? I am new to this!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I’ve had that happen. Somehow a bid sneaks in even after it says you’ve won. No idea why but I know there’s nothing to be done about it.
I move on and look for it again or something else.
Sorry it happened to you.
1 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Sorry suzq. It’s a glitch in ShopLC computer system. It sometimes shows you won on the page, but if you scroll down and click on bid history of that item, then you’ll see who actually won and their bid. There’s no fighting it w customer service. I’ve tried. I even emailed them screenshots of the item showing my name on the page as a winner. I received no reply. :(
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

suzq wrote:
4 years ago
Today, I know I won a bracelet and my screen even said it. I was so excited. When I went to my pay purchase screen and it had that someone else got it so it makes me wonder "What????"-- The bracelet was expensive and I knew I had got a good deal, but how could my screen say one thing and then later it said I was outbid? Anyone else ever had this? I am new to this!
We do apologize, however users need to take into account computer processing times and page refresh times which are affected by several factors, one such being your own connection speed. It can take the page a few seconds to update after the auction has ended to show the final winner of the auction. If you check the bid history times, the final bid will always be in before the auction end time, so no bids are being accepted after the auction closes.

The best way to determine whether or not you are the winner on an auction is to wait for the confirmation email.
1 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

No Stephanie... I think you are thinking it’s a temporary thing on the computer. The screen with the item will actually say your name and winner for over a day at least. But when you scroll down and open the bid history tab next to the product description tab, then you’ll see that someone else actually won. But it’s def not a computer delay thing for that long.
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

AND MERILEE IS POD BECAUSE NOW SHES BIDDING OM MY PUNNY STUFF THAT SHE NEVER NEVER EVER BIDS ON!!!!!!’
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Why is she p’oed?
1 x