Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

CJM

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by CJM » 1 month ago

I have been looking at my collection in a different light for a long time. I read ShopLC's parent company is a plastic manufacturer. Also I have been concerned with LC's growing inventory of simulated gems. How do you know if what they are selling is real? Or what you get isn't simulated. Not all their jewelry is made in India; some is made in China. I don't trust products made in China, especially gems. I would think substitution would be a real temptation?! It would be difficult to have a tight control on an industry that is spread across several countries. It's obvious LC has poor quality control. Not everyone has access or knowledge on how to determine authenticity of the product. That's where trust comes in; LC has lost my trust. I quit shopping at other networks for the same reason: trust. I guess my money will be spent elsewhere or save it. I see jewelry as an investment, not just sparkle babbles. Jewelry is something I collect to pass on to my daughter and my granddaughters. I don' want to think it is junk. It will be difficult to not be tempted to buy. It has to be done!!!
6 x

Topic Tags:

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 1 month ago

CJM wrote:
1 month ago
I have been looking at my collection in a different light for a long time. I read ShopLC's parent company is a plastic manufacturer. Also I have been concerned with LC's growing inventory of simulated gems. How do you know if what they are selling is real? Or what you get isn't simulated. Not all their jewelry is made in India; some is made in China. I don't trust products made in China, especially gems. I would think substitution would be a real temptation?! It would be difficult to have a tight control on an industry that is spread across several countries. It's obvious LC has poor quality control. Not everyone has access or knowledge on how to determine authenticity of the product. That's where trust comes in; LC has lost my trust. I quit shopping at other networks for the same reason: trust. I guess my money will be spent elsewhere or save it. I see jewelry as an investment, not just sparkle babbles. Jewelry is something I collect to pass on to my daughter and my granddaughters. I don' want to think it is junk. It will be difficult to not be tempted to buy. It has to be done!!!
Hello,

I can confirm our parent company VGL group if not a plastic manufacturer. Additionally, any inventory that is simulated is specified in the descriptions. We have a factory in China so some of the jewelry may be assembled there. However, the gems themselves are from all over the world depends on the stone. Do you have any orders I can assist you with?
4 x

Theresia

Post by Theresia » 1 month ago

Moderator Danielle............I recently bought 3038628
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 1 month ago

Theresia wrote:
1 month ago
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
@Moderator_Danielle

🥰
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 1 month ago

Theresia wrote:
1 month ago
I bought a diamond tester on ebay many years ago. Back then it was about $20. It cannot differentiate between diamonds and Moissanite but nack then it wasnt really an issue. It may be a worthwile purchase for peace of mind. You may be able to find one for less now too.
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Theresia wrote:
1 month ago
Hello,

I can confirm that not all products with authenticity paperwork. But I do have a way to create cards for customers. If you email me your order info I can get working on it. Danielle.Jackson@shoplc.com
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 1 month ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
1 month ago
Theresia wrote:
1 month ago
Hello,

I can confirm that not all products with authenticity paperwork. But I do have a way to create cards for customers. If you email me your order info I can get working on it. Danielle.Jackson@shoplc.com
It would be really great if authenticity cards were always included with the diamonds- Grandidierite-& Tanzanite
6 x

Moderator_Danielle

Gypsy wrote:
1 month ago
Moderator_Danielle wrote:
1 month ago
Theresia wrote:
1 month ago
Hello,

It would be really great if authenticity cards were always included with the diamonds- Grandidierite-& Tanzanite
Hello that is great feedback. Especially for the exotic stone too since some look alike. That does make sense. I will include this feedback to our merchandising team.
8 x

Theresia

Post by Theresia » 1 month ago

Thanks! Email sent.
0 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 1 month ago

No offense is intended by this post to our wonderful Danielle, or any Mods or members.

IF a company has no qualms about selling simulated stones to a buyer under the guise of the stones being authentic, what good is a certificate of authenticity from the same company?

If they would lie about a stone, they'll have no problem with sending a "certificate" stating it's authentic, since they ALREADY lied, by stating it was authentic on air and online.

I don't understand the reason for wanting a certificate from any untrustworthy seller? The certificate won't change a stone from a simulated one to an authentic one.

Am I misunderstanding something?
5 x