Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Ginger

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Yes there’s several jewelers and hope they don’t charge much because I have hundreds and hundreds of loose gemstones still in the little jem tray or the sealed bag they came in with the description, carat weight and the country they’re from. Thanks for the tip🏈 I saw you’re watching football 😂
4 x

Topic Tags:

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I know there are testers for rubies and sapphires and diamonds. I used to have one. But they will not tell you if they are lab created. Usually you can tell by louping the stones. If there are NO imperfections (zoning, inclusions etc) they may be glass. Or if there are many little bubbles under a loup they probably are glass as well.

This is where a reputable jeweler is your bestie.
7 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
If there is a local jeweler that you have ever used, he would probably look at them for you for free. I am thinking of doing the same thing.
I am going to go to more than one if I have to. I am doing research to make sure I go to one that can identify a spinel properly. Spinel is not as common as the basic: emeralds, rubies, sapphires, diamonds, and garnets.
5 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
If there is a local jeweler that you have ever used, he would probably look at them for you for free. I am thinking of doing the same thing.
I am going to go to more than one if I have to. I am doing research to make sure I go to one that can identify a spinel properly. Spinel is not as common as the basic: emeralds, rubies, sapphires, diamonds, and garnets.
Gemaholic you would be so missed if you left so please stay on the forum! Thank you again for sharing your
testing results 💖
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

I want to know what that lying (fake apology) ff said about us this time.
I'd expect this from Adi but I thought Pieter had some class. I guess not.
I for one am done contributing to their pay checks.
I wonder what all their new victims are thinking that heard that.
3 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Me too OtherSideoftheTracks 🌹 this worries me now since I’ve bought so so many loose gemstones over the years with ShopLC. I too have Spinel, big blue zircons, tourmalines, a big rubellite and so many others and have no way of telling if they’re real. Huge London Blue Topaz (18 carats) and so much Russian Diopside. Is there a tester that can be bought?
You can get a mini jewelry UV light (be careful with this, I can walk you through how to use this without damaging your eyes), but not all minerals fluoresce, so this is just one of several methods to test gemstone authenticity out. I also have a Geiger meter which measures radiation. Again, that is only useful for radioactive gemstones. Microscopes and jewelry loupes with led lights are great necessities for inspecting your gems. If you want, I can make a separate post about methods to test and how to do them.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I have been looking at my collection in a different light for a long time. I read ShopLC's parent company is a plastic manufacturer. Also I have been concerned with LC's growing inventory of simulated gems. How do you know if what they are selling is real? Or what you get isn't simulated. Not all their jewelry is made in India; some is made in China. I don't trust products made in China, especially gems. I would think substitution would be a real temptation?! It would be difficult to have a tight control on an industry that is spread across several countries. It's obvious LC has poor quality control. Not everyone has access or knowledge on how to determine authenticity of the product. That's where trust comes in; LC has lost my trust. I quit shopping at other networks for the same reason: trust. I guess my money will be spent elsewhere or save it. I see jewelry as an investment, not just sparkle babbles. Jewelry is something I collect to pass on to my daughter and my granddaughters. I don' want to think it is junk. It will be difficult to not be tempted to buy. It has to be done!!!
7 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I have been looking at my collection in a different light for a long time. I read ShopLC's parent company is a plastic manufacturer. Also I have been concerned with LC's growing inventory of simulated gems. How do you know if what they are selling is real? Or what you get isn't simulated. Not all their jewelry is made in India; some is made in China. I don't trust products made in China, especially gems. I would think substitution would be a real temptation?! It would be difficult to have a tight control on an industry that is spread across several countries. It's obvious LC has poor quality control. Not everyone has access or knowledge on how to determine authenticity of the product. That's where trust comes in; LC has lost my trust. I quit shopping at other networks for the same reason: trust. I guess my money will be spent elsewhere or save it. I see jewelry as an investment, not just sparkle babbles. Jewelry is something I collect to pass on to my daughter and my granddaughters. I don' want to think it is junk. It will be difficult to not be tempted to buy. It has to be done!!!
Hello,

I can confirm our parent company VGL group if not a plastic manufacturer. Additionally, any inventory that is simulated is specified in the descriptions. We have a factory in China so some of the jewelry may be assembled there. However, the gems themselves are from all over the world depends on the stone. Do you have any orders I can assist you with?
4 x

Theresia

Post by Theresia » 4 years ago

Moderator Danielle............I recently bought 3038628
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Theresia wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator Danielle............I recently bought 3038628
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
@Moderator_Danielle

🥰
2 x