Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Gemsnob

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Theresia wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator Danielle............I recently bought 3038628
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
I bought a diamond tester on ebay many years ago. Back then it was about $20. It cannot differentiate between diamonds and Moissanite but nack then it wasnt really an issue. It may be a worthwile purchase for peace of mind. You may be able to find one for less now too.
3 x

Topic Tags:

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Theresia wrote:
4 years ago
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
Hello,

I can confirm that not all products with authenticity paperwork. But I do have a way to create cards for customers. If you email me your order info I can get working on it. Danielle.Jackson@shoplc.com
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Theresia wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

I can confirm that not all products with authenticity paperwork. But I do have a way to create cards for customers. If you email me your order info I can get working on it. Danielle.Jackson@shoplc.com
It would be really great if authenticity cards were always included with the diamonds- Grandidierite-& Tanzanite
6 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Theresia wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

It would be really great if authenticity cards were always included with the diamonds- Grandidierite-& Tanzanite
Hello that is great feedback. Especially for the exotic stone too since some look alike. That does make sense. I will include this feedback to our merchandising team.
9 x

Theresia

Post by Theresia » 4 years ago

Thanks! Email sent.
0 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

No offense is intended by this post to our wonderful Danielle, or any Mods or members.

IF a company has no qualms about selling simulated stones to a buyer under the guise of the stones being authentic, what good is a certificate of authenticity from the same company?

If they would lie about a stone, they'll have no problem with sending a "certificate" stating it's authentic, since they ALREADY lied, by stating it was authentic on air and online.

I don't understand the reason for wanting a certificate from any untrustworthy seller? The certificate won't change a stone from a simulated one to an authentic one.

Am I misunderstanding something?
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
No offense is intended by this post to our wonderful Danielle, or any Mods or members.

IF a company has no qualms about selling simulated stones to a buyer under the guise of the stones being authentic, what good is a certificate of authenticity from the same company?

If they would lie about a stone, they'll have no problem with sending a "certificate" stating it's authentic, since they ALREADY lied, by stating it was authentic on air and online.

I don't understand the reason for wanting a certificate from any untrustworthy seller? The certificate won't change a stone from a simulated one to an authentic one.

No offense was taken 😊 and there have been alot of assumptions and what ifs but for now I am going to go with
'Innocent Till Proven Guilty ' when it comes to the gemstones. And IF it turns out the gemstones are "fake" or "simulated " then I will take what action I feel is necessary . But I'm still trying to hear all sides and gather all facts
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

Hmmm. Good point. I just thought a certificate of authenticity would require the seller to stand behind stone or it could come back & haunt them if the stone was not what they claim. Maybe not???

Beats me! I only try to keep up!
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I only had a couple of my many stones, including many diamonds tested. A welo opal ring that I bought a few years ago from shoplc, I took in to adjust the size, and my jeweler told me the opal was a triplet. I then looked at the reviews and someone else mentioned it was a triplet. I couldn’t return it because I had it sized. I was hoping that it was just a fluke. I did have to return 2 diamond solitaires that came with a lab cert stating it was G si2. I bought 2 rings with each .75ct solitaires , to turn into studs. My jeweler said one of the stones was very cloudy, and a i2 not a si2. The other was not cloudy with a i1 clarity. I was very disappointed. I did notice that after I told shoplc that, shoplc changed the grading to a i1-i2.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

No offense was taken 😊 and there have been alot of assumptions and what ifs but for now I am going to go with
'Innocent Till Proven Guilty ' when it comes to the gemstones. And IF it turns out the gemstones are "fake" or "simulated " then I will take what action I feel is necessary . But I'm still trying to hear all sides and gather all facts
Thank you, my Gypsy Friend! I really thought I was misunderstanding! And yes, I see now that I was!

🌺🥰🌺
3 x