Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Gypsy

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by Gypsy » 2 months ago

Catticus wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:32 pm
No offense is intended by this post to our wonderful Danielle, or any Mods or members.

IF a company has no qualms about selling simulated stones to a buyer under the guise of the stones being authentic, what good is a certificate of authenticity from the same company?

If they would lie about a stone, they'll have no problem with sending a "certificate" stating it's authentic, since they ALREADY lied, by stating it was authentic on air and online.

I don't understand the reason for wanting a certificate from any untrustworthy seller? The certificate won't change a stone from a simulated one to an authentic one.

Am I misunderstanding something?
No offense was taken 😊 and there have been alot of assumptions and what ifs but for now I am going to go with
'Innocent Till Proven Guilty ' when it comes to the gemstones. And IF it turns out the gemstones are "fake" or "simulated " then I will take what action I feel is necessary . But I'm still trying to hear all sides and gather all facts
6 x

Topic Tags:

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 2 months ago

Catticus wrote:
No offense is intended by this post to our wonderful Danielle, or any Mods or members.

IF a company has no qualms about selling simulated stones to a buyer under the guise of the stones being authentic, what good is a certificate of authenticity from the same company?

If they would lie about a stone, they'll have no problem with sending a "certificate" stating it's authentic, since they ALREADY lied, by stating it was authentic on air and online.

I don't understand the reason for wanting a certificate from any untrustworthy seller? The certificate won't change a stone from a simulated one to an authentic one.

Hmmm. Good point. I just thought a certificate of authenticity would require the seller to stand behind stone or it could come back & haunt them if the stone was not what they claim. Maybe not???

Beats me! I only try to keep up!
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 2 months ago

I only had a couple of my many stones, including many diamonds tested. A welo opal ring that I bought a few years ago from shoplc, I took in to adjust the size, and my jeweler told me the opal was a triplet. I then looked at the reviews and someone else mentioned it was a triplet. I couldn’t return it because I had it sized. I was hoping that it was just a fluke. I did have to return 2 diamond solitaires that came with a lab cert stating it was G si2. I bought 2 rings with each .75ct solitaires , to turn into studs. My jeweler said one of the stones was very cloudy, and a i2 not a si2. The other was not cloudy with a i1 clarity. I was very disappointed. I did notice that after I told shoplc that, shoplc changed the grading to a i1-i2.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 2 months ago

Gypsy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm
Catticus wrote:

No offense was taken 😊 and there have been alot of assumptions and what ifs but for now I am going to go with
'Innocent Till Proven Guilty ' when it comes to the gemstones. And IF it turns out the gemstones are "fake" or "simulated " then I will take what action I feel is necessary . But I'm still trying to hear all sides and gather all facts
Thank you, my Gypsy Friend! I really thought I was misunderstanding! And yes, I see now that I was!

🌺🥰🌺
3 x

Catticus

Blossom wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm
Catticus wrote:

Hmmm. Good point. I just thought a certificate of authenticity would require the seller to stand behind stone or it could come back & haunt them if the stone was not what they claim. Maybe not???

Beats me! I only try to keep up!
Awesome Blossom 🌿🌺🌿

Thank you! You and others have made it "click" in my mind! I "get" your reasons now! And they're good reasons!
🤔💡😃
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 2 months ago

Gemaholic: Don't leave, please. If you can share what Adi and Peter said. You are very knowledgeable about this issue. Macy's also was sued for not disclosed treatments on rubies and Moderator_Danielle, she is a gem. Always there to help the customers..
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 2 months ago

To me a certification is way more important that what someone says online. It is like the difference of used car salesman giving you a written warranty versus telling you this vehicle will run fine with no problems for another 100,000 miles. You have way more recourse when any guarantee is in writing. Just sayin'
5 x

Catticus

JewelryQueen wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 pm
To me a certification is way more important that what someone says online. It is like the difference of used car salesman giving you a written warranty versus telling you this vehicle will run fine with no problems for another 100,000 miles. You have way more recourse when any guarantee is in writing. Just sayin'
TRUE! ❤️
4 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 2 months ago

Rolltide wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:06 am
Last year I took a lot of clearance pieces that I had bought and just didn't wear to a local pawn shop. I needed to clean out my jewelry box and thought to get what I could out of it. The jeweler wouldn't take most of the pieces because he said some appeared not to be silver, and some had pieces and parts that were not silver. All of the items were portrayed as "sterling silver" when I bought them. They used some stuff they put on the pieces to test it. They said they would question whether or not the stones were real, as well. I just figured they were afraid to take a chance with some of it because of their test results. Now I don't know what to think. I donated the items to charity and told them what I could about them.
Pawn shops are notorious for deceiving people. I have some stories of my own. Unless they are GIA or even IGS, then their opinion is worth nothing. No offense to you, it's the people at these shops. Their end goal is the same as channels like SLC
3 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 2 months ago

Theresia wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:11 pm
Moderator Danielle............I recently bought 3038628
Natural Champagne and White Diamond (0.71 ct) Ring in Rhodium & Vermeil RG Over Sterling Silver (Size 9.0) (Avg. 8.52 g) 2.50 ctw. The ring is beautiful and I got it for a steal but with all this talk about fake stones, now I am worried and I am thinking about sending it back. Does SLC have any paperwork to verify authenticity that should accompany a ring of this price? Thank you for you help.
Any company can claim something is authentic. A piece of paper is only going to be valuable in a lawsuit. I would get some of your champagne diamonds appraised by a credible GIA gemologist in your area. If you google GIA appraiser and your town's name, you will see a list of places to go to
4 x