Price Comparisons???

Gemaholic

Price Comparisons???

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Does anyone here EVER recognize the sites where they got their comparison piece/pieces from? I am trying to recognize some of these sites they are pulling from but can't. I have a sneaking suspicion that these pieces that are costing way more and are smaller are most like higher graded stones than what they are selling.
1 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Price Comparisons???

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Of course the comps are higher grades. Usually in gold. The worst was when they compared a rare transparent Grandidierite stone to shoplc’s opaque one full of inclusions. Why dont they compare their opaque stones to the 3ct Grandidierite that was sold on shoplc for $20,000.
Anyway Craig is hawking a Tanzanite ring for $3500. He Changed the FINAL PRICE a few times. Repeated clocks. Seems to be at it for a long time. I was hoping they stopped these BORING ways. I shopped at other sites, bought stuff. Then clicked back on shoplc, and sure enough, Craig is still hawking the same Tanzanite ring 😬
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I always thought they photoshopped whatever they wanted. Etsy is kinda like their comparisons. They would take out the store name and such easily in PS.
1 x

Gemaholic

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I always thought they photoshopped whatever they wanted. Etsy is kinda like their comparisons. They would take out the store name and such easily in PS.
It looks like photoshop to me too which is why I am asking. I don't think these are real sites. I think they pick things from different sites and photoshop into one ad. By the way, does Tenner have congestion 24/7? I would get that checked out if I were him...
0 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
It looks like photoshop to me too which is why I am asking. I don't think these are real sites. I think they pick things from different sites and photoshop into one ad. By the way, does Tenner have congestion 24/7? I would get that checked out if I were him...
Ha! Makes one wonder. ;) (wink wink nudge nudge).

Yes, about photoshop - and it's BAD photoshop as well. Whoever does their graphics is awful - like their fliers? Have you noticed how unprofessional looking they are? Very amatuer. but I'm very observant to ads and graphics since I've been designing in Photoshop and Illustrator for years.
1 x

Gemaholic

4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Yes, about photoshop - and it's BAD photoshop as well. Whoever does their graphics is awful - like their fliers? Have you noticed how unprofessional looking they are? Very amatuer. but I'm very observant to ads and graphics since I've been designing in Photoshop and Illustrator for years.
I have noticed them too, so don't worry, you're not alone on that...but let's get to the MUSIC. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT NEW MUSIC? They call it "romantic"...yeah nice euphemism. :lol: :lol: :lol: we all know what it sounds like it should be in...definitely a different website than a shopping one :lol: :lol:
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

I have noticed them too, so don't worry, you're not alone on that...but let's get to the MUSIC. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT NEW MUSIC? They call it "romantic"...yeah nice euphemism. :lol: :lol: :lol: we all know what it sounds like it should be in...definitely a different website than a shopping one :lol: :lol:
IIII knoooow! It's odd and I don't want to see Becky working it either.... nope.nope.nope.
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Hey @Gemaholic - whenever you have an extra minute - can you tell me about how to clean vermeil without ruining it? I don't have any pieces yet - but the reason I'm asking is that a host suggested yesterday to put clear fingernail polish on the medal and that should protect it.... Would that be right? How do you clean vermeil? What's the best way to clean silver and platting like YG or Platinum? Steam?

Any pointers would be very helpful. I like the look of some of the vermeil pieces but never buy for hearing it will eventually wear out.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I'm not Gemaholic but there is a difference between vermeil and overlay. Vermeil is much thicker and seems to bond better as well.

DO NOT put clear fingernail polish over anything except that Karis crap. You can't hurt that stuff much in my opinion.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not Gemaholic but there is a difference between vermeil and overlay. Vermeil is much thicker and seems to bond better as well.

DO NOT put clear fingernail polish over anything except that Karis crap. You can't hurt that stuff much in my opinion.
OK, thanks for the advice. I thought it was odd. It was LoLo that said to put clear polish on them this morning when she co-hosted with Peter. What's the best way to clean platting overlay? I thought someone said you can ruin it too.
1 x