Price Comparisons???

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Price Comparisons???

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
omg....I haven't refreshed and I'm just catching up. @Gemaholic , the host that suggested the clear finger-nail polish was yesterday early morning with Peter.....6-9 AM. I think it was Loretta. I'll post when I remember for certain! BUT she did say that!!
@othersideofthetracks are you sure it wasn't goldtone or silvertone she was referring to? I just can't believe a host would suggest clear nail polish on vermeil. That's very disturbing if she did!
Gosh, I don't want to make a mistake....I can't remember if the item was goldtone or silvertone or what... I can't. I only understood it as a way to preserve your jewelry and at the time it stuck in my mind as I've never heard that before. Which prompted me to ask my question as to how to clean jewelry. I don't have vermeil jewelry but I've wanted to buy it if I had knowledge as to how to clean or not do certain things with them... like I didn't know not to ever get it wet.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

The only time I use my sonic cleaner is on diamond jewelry set in solid gold or white gold. Even other gems you should be able to clean in it---well if they have the slightest imperfection you can end up with rubble. For diamonds it works like a dream.

NOT A FAN of almost all commercial chemical cleaning solutions. Too risky. Actually SLC used to sell some that wasn't too bad or harsh but I never risked my expensive stuff with it.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
omg....I haven't refreshed and I'm just catching up. @Gemaholic , the host that suggested the clear finger-nail polish was yesterday early morning with Peter.....6-9 AM. I think it was Loretta. I'll post when I remember for certain! BUT she did say that!!
@othersideofthetracks are you sure it wasn't goldtone or silvertone she was referring to? I just can't believe a host would suggest clear nail polish on vermeil. That's very disturbing if she did!
Gosh, I don't want to make a mistake....I can't remember if the item was goldtone or silvertone or what... I can't. I only understood it as a way to preserve your jewelry and at the time it stuck in my mind as I've never heard that before. Which prompted me to ask my question as to how to clean jewelry. I don't have vermeil jewelry but I've wanted to buy it if I had knowledge as to how to clean or not do certain things with them... like I didn't know not to ever get it wet.
I was kinda listening to LoLo. Pretty sure she was talking about silvertone. I've heard her mention it in the past 'put clear fingernail polish on your tone rings if they cause a reaction, but you'll need to reapply depending on how much you wear it'.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

I was kinda listening to LoLo. Pretty sure she was talking about silvertone. I've heard her mention it in the past 'put clear fingernail polish on your tone rings if they cause a reaction, but you'll need to reapply depending on how much you wear it'.
Thanks Blossom! I couldn't remember as I was only listening and not seeing what item was being presented. There you go.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

What do you guys and gals think about starting a thread for advice on jewelry cleaning? Your expertise is vital with this jewelry and I know that others would benefit and perhaps avoid ruining their jewelry... Perhaps one of you can start the thread, or myself, and just copy paste your info posted?

Just a suggestion... I bookmarked this thread but I can't "name" it for the reasons I need it.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
What do you guys and gals think about starting a thread for advice on jewelry cleaning? Your expertise is vital with this jewelry and I know that others would benefit and perhaps avoid ruining their jewelry... Perhaps one of you can start the thread, or myself, and just copy paste your info posted?

Just a suggestion... I bookmarked this thread but I can't "name" it for the reasons I need it.
Good idea. I started a thread earlier about Rainbow Moonstone & asked about the cleaning, hoping it would maybe somehow remove the yellow body that happened over time. I did not get a reply.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Good idea. I started a thread earlier about Rainbow Moonstone & asked about the cleaning, hoping it would maybe somehow remove the yellow body that happened over time. I did not get a reply.
Ive never heard of that. I wish I could help. That really stinks though. I love rainbow moonstone.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

4 years ago

I know I have found the information ya'll have been posting about cleaning very interesting, you've confirmed things I already knew and I've learned few new tips too
So I'd like it
5 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

4 years ago

I was going to suggest it the other day when you asked! It's a good idea since you don't clean all metals and stones the same way. You're also not supposed to put two different metals in the same cleaner at the same time. It would be helpful for people, so I say go for it! Warning--I will bring out my chemistry,physics, and geology background here! hahaha
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

I was going to suggest it the other day when you asked! It's a good idea since you don't clean all metals and stones the same way. You're also not supposed to put two different metals in the same cleaner at the same time. It would be helpful for people, so I say go for it! Warning--I will bring out my chemistry,physics, and geology background here! hahaha
AWESOME!!! This is going to be GREAT! Thank you @Gemaholic! I just made a thread. Sharing your expertise in how to clean our jewelry is priceless and I THANK YOU for sharing! I look forward to every word of your advise. The thread I started is "How to Clean Jewelry the RIGHT WAY"

tytytyty!!
3 x