Karis jewelry quality

Post Reply
Sandi247
Posts: 1
Joined: 1 year ago

Karis jewelry quality

Post by Sandi247 » 8 months ago

I'm thinking of trying an item of platinum over brass. Anyone care to share their experience with this jewelry please? Thanks!
0 x

Tothemoon
Posts: 124
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Tothemoon » 8 months ago

Science experiment: our city had a backup sewage flood last year that destroyed everything in the basement. Unfortunately I had a box of SLC rings drowned by the flood. I experimented with bleach to see if I could salvage any of the rings. All of the silver with gemstone rings were destroyed by the bleach, but miraculously some of the Karis rings survived. After disinfecting and cleaning them, unless they had stones attached with glue, some of the Karis rings came out looking brand new. I still don’t know if I’ll ever wear then because if what they were subjected to, but they look nice. Luckily I had plenty of other rings stored on a different floor of the house. Also, I am very sensitive to metals and so far I’ve never had a reaction to the Karis rings I have worn.
2 x

JewelryQueen
Posts: 1801
Joined: 9 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by JewelryQueen » 8 months ago

Well I buy jewelry for resale to supplement my disability income. I bought quite a few Karis rings as they had good sized stones and cute designs at a reasonable price. Boy was I sorry! I stand behind anything I sell. So after one street fair in the town I live in, within ten days I had product flooding back to me for refund. Some of the people said they had only worn their ring for two or three days (continuously) and the brass was already showing through.

And PS NEVER NEVER NEVER put bleach on stainless steel or silver!
6 x

Online
User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 3453
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Gypsy » 8 months ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
8 months ago
Well I buy jewelry for resale to supplement my disability income. I bought quite a few Karis rings as they had good sized stones and cute designs at a reasonable price. Boy was I sorry! I stand behind anything I sell. So after one street fair in the town I live in, within ten days I had product flooding back to me for refund. Some of the people said they had only worn their ring for two or three days (continuously) and the brass was already showing through.

And PS NEVER NEVER NEVER put bleach on stainless steel or silver!

Yep ! forgot once that I had on a inexpensive platinum over sterling silver ring and started doing dishes and since I always put a shot of bleach in my dishwater the finish on the little ring got ruined.
2 x

Angelflutter
Posts: 708
Joined: 9 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Angelflutter » 8 months ago

When I first started purchasing from shoplc, I did the under $10.00 Fridays and bought a bunch of the Karis rings. I started with shoplc about 8 years ago. All of my Karis rings look just as good as the day that I received them. I have always kept them in one of those ring boxes with the anti tarnish ring protectant. I also have used those little silica packets that you find in pill bottles thrown in the ring boxes for good measure. I wear my Karis quite a bit. I do normal household duties and am generally pretty hard on my jewelry etc. So far, no problems.
4 x

User avatar
Gem Lover
Posts: 1446
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Gem Lover » 8 months ago

I read an article that said brass will always bleed thru what ever metal is over it so I never buy it.
2 x

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 873
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Ginger » 8 months ago

I bought lots of the Karis line back in the day & kept it in a anti tarnish box from the River website. It’s honestly hit or miss for me because most of them have the gold layer already off and showing the brass. I could understand if I have worn them, especially in water, but most I’ve never worn. I just wanted the stone in the ring or pendant, so I have learned to not buy it, but spend a few dollars more for real silver jewelry. So, I am in the process of removing the stones & discarding those castings.
2 x

Online
User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 3453
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Gypsy » 8 months ago

Ginger wrote:
8 months ago
I bought lots of the Karis line back in the day & kept it in a anti tarnish box from the River website. It’s honestly hit or miss for me because most of them have the gold layer already off and showing the brass. I could understand if I have worn them, especially in water, but most I’ve never worn. I just wanted the stone in the ring or pendant, so I have learned to not buy it, but spend a few dollars more for real silver jewelry. So, I am in the process of removing the stones & discarding those castings.
I have one piece of Karis, it was a ring set with California Black Jade that I won on RA for $2.00 less 10% discount and it is pretty but I dont think I've worn it yet but the prics was great
2 x

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 873
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Ginger » 8 months ago

That’s an awesome deal Wow 🤩 I’m jealous now 🤣 I can honestly say I don’t have any of that jade, but have watched many of the presentations. It’s a lovely stone & I wish they would bring back more of the Peruvian Pink Opal & the Green opal, can’t think what it was called, but I have many. I will look at this jade & see if anything is affordable, but you scored a wonderful deal, even if it is in Karis. You can always pop the stone out and put it in another casting because the stone is a rarity, at least to me. ❣️❣️
2 x

Online
User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 3453
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Karis jewelry quality

Post by Gypsy » 8 months ago

Ginger wrote:
8 months ago
That’s an awesome deal Wow 🤩 I’m jealous now 🤣 I can honestly say I don’t have any of that jade, but have watched many of the presentations. It’s a lovely stone & I wish they would bring back more of the Peruvian Pink Opal & the Green opal, can’t think what it was called, but I have many. I will look at this jade & see if anything is affordable, but you scored a wonderful deal, even if it is in Karis. You can always pop the stone out and put it in another casting because the stone is a rarity, at least to me. ❣️❣️
Thank you. !! I couldn't believe that no one was watching the auction either (this was before Merilee) and I love the story about Black Jade also
I dont have.geen opal but I have a few pieces of Peruvian Pink and it is the dark color which I love.
2 x

Post Reply