Any ways to recycle, reuse the little blue boxes?

Spooky

Re: Any ways to recycle, reuse the little blue boxes?

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
You could decorate them with a tooth fairy theme and sell them as tooth fairy box to put a child's tooth in.
What a cute idea!
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Can you donate them to a children's hospital or hospital's children's ward? Even just a hospital or nursing home?

Maybe with some small item inside for the children? Doesn't even need to be a holiday.

You could decorate them or put little plastic dinosaurs inside and head bands, bows, tiny dolls, toys, etc. Even paint pennies, dimes, nickels, and quarters with shiny colors and place them inside. Even costume jewelry, pins, rings, bracelets, colored woven material bracelets.

For adults in a nursing home, maybe others have ideas?
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
You could decorate them with a tooth fairy theme and sell them as tooth fairy box to put a child's tooth in.
Hey you! I posted that months ago🥰🥰
There’s a thread here with ideas!
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Another thing I do is get a large plastic covered box, remove the white lining from the blue boxes & arrange them in the big plastic containers for my grandsons to put all their little LEGO’s in. Each box has a different color LEGO & they can keep it all together because those things are everywhere around here. I volunteer several times a week at a homeless shelter & I use the bigger boxes to put little travel sized items like shampoo or toothpaste in there & give to whoever wants them. For the little boxes, I put mints, costume jewelry or little candies & give to the ones that come in. We often forget how much we have & how lucky we are. Seeing this myself, reminds me that everyone needs to feel special. So if I can put little candies or costume jewelry for them & see their faces light up, it’s a good feeling for me. And I buy the stainless steel little dog or cat tags that can be engraved with your pets name & phone number & put one in each box, take it to the pet shelters for them to give to the people who come in & adopt a pet.♥️
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Another thing I do is get a large plastic covered box, remove the white lining from the blue boxes & arrange them in the big plastic containers for my grandsons to put all their little LEGO’s in. Each box has a different color LEGO & they can keep it all together because those things are everywhere around here. I volunteer several times a week at a homeless shelter & I use the bigger boxes to put little travel sized items like shampoo or toothpaste in there & give to whoever wants them. For the little boxes, I put mints, costume jewelry or little candies & give to the ones that come in. We often forget how much we have & how lucky we are. Seeing this myself, reminds me that everyone needs to feel special. So if I can put little candies or costume jewelry for them & see their faces light up, it’s a good feeling for me. And I buy the stainless steel little dog or cat tags that can be engraved with your pets name & phone number & put one in each box, take it to the pet shelters for them to give to the people who come in & adopt a pet.♥️
So creative !!!!
2 x

Moderator_Miranda

Post by Moderator_Miranda » 4 years ago

Great Question! The cardboard components are recyclable, but the satin and ribbon is not. Have a wonderful day!

Thanks,

Miranda A
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Ginger this is a great idea thanks!💍
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

We wanted to share this with you all :)

https://blog.shoplc.com/recycle-jewelry-boxes/
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Hello everyone,

We wanted to share this with you all :)

https://blog.shoplc.com/recycle-jewelry-boxes/
@Moderator_Danielle
What does it say ????? I cannot download these things !!!! Gypsy
1 x