This is Strange

RS

Re: This is Strange

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
We got rid of our landline phone years ago & only use our iPhone. We don’t have the RoboKiller, but sounds interesting to check into. I don’t answer my cell if I don’t recognize the number but am on the Do Not Call List, but some are getting sneakier about their calling practices unfortunately. My husband bought a new truck last month, within one week of it sitting here in the middle of the night, every alarm starts going off. He went out & someone had shot it with a BB gun. A brand new F-250, and they still haven’t found who did it. So now we’re checking into getting cameras installed. It’s a shame what some people will do to others 🥺
People baffle me sometimes. Especially when it comes to cars. Hubby and I went to Safeway this morning after the bank and when I got out of my new car a guy started to approach me and yelling at me about my car.
Hubby stepped in front of me and backed the guy off.
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

OMG, I'm so glad that you were not alone!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
OMG, I'm so glad that you were not alone!
Me too❣️
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
We got rid of our landline phone years ago & only use our iPhone. We don’t have the RoboKiller, but sounds interesting to check into. I don’t answer my cell if I don’t recognize the number but am on the Do Not Call List, but some are getting sneakier about their calling practices unfortunately. My husband bought a new truck last month, within one week of it sitting here in the middle of the night, every alarm starts going off. He went out & someone had shot it with a BB gun. A brand new F-250, and they still haven’t found who did it. So now we’re checking into getting cameras installed. It’s a shame what some people will do to others 🥺
Geeze that's awful Ginger ☹ I'm on the No Call List too but they still call, then I block the number & report them but all they do is change thier number and keep calling it gets so frustrating !
3 x

Gypsy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
People baffle me sometimes. Especially when it comes to cars. Hubby and I went to Safeway this morning after the bank and when I got out of my new car a guy started to approach me and yelling at me about my car.
What the heck RS !! what if you'd been alone !
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Geeze that's awful Ginger ☹ I'm on the No Call List too but they still call, then I block the number & report them but all they do is change thier number and keep calling it gets so frustrating !
The scam companies actually hijack private telephone numbers. And now, we recently discovered, names and numbers. So you get a call from a local number. No message is left. You call it back and it’s someone local.
That’s criminal.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I know! I mean I carry mace. But still...
I was close enough to my car that this time I would have just gotten back in and taken off. Normally I check my surrounding VERY carefully when I am alone. But I get lax when hubby is with me. He’s former Homeland security and Fed Marshall. He’s been trained by the FBI and he carries.
3 x

Gypsy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I know! I mean I carry mace. But still...
I was close enough to my car that this time I would have just gotten back in and taken off. Normally I check my surrounding VERY carefully when I am alone. But I get lax when hubby is with me. He’s former Homeland security and Fed Marshall. He’s been trained by the FBI and he carries.
I know, when my husband was alive I never worried he was there to watch & protect and he did teach me a few moves but now I'm hyper alert. But I'm no spring chicken dont know if I could fight off attacker ☹🥺
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I carry mace too, the only other thing that I might carry
is a tazer. I don't want to kill anyone, I just might need
to get them off me!
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Well. Did I have an encounter with a LOSER HACK. A hacker emailed me. He claimed he had my password, so he installed malware into my computer, and has been taping me. He claimed unless I send him 1200$ through Bitcoin, he will reveal all my private tapes to the world. He gave me 3 days to send him the money.
Well, first of all he got HACKED😆someone sold him a fake password. And I knew he was not from America. Check the way he wrote out 1200 with the $ sign after the numbers.( European way)
Plus my pc had not been used in years. My iPhone and Ipad do the job. The joke is that if he ever taped me, he would see me and playing with my Chihuahua. I doubt too many people would buy that tape🤣
I sent the threatening email to the FBI, and others that google recommended.
Once I didn’t take his bait, I never heard from him again. 🤪
Ive had that happen too! I was like you dumb***, I dont look at that stuff!. I had to change my email address and remove that one. I think the scammer was from overseas too. Ugh
4 x