Teeny weeny irritations- Can ya tell I'm bored?

Gypsy

Re: Teeny weeny irritations- Can ya tell I'm bored?

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I’m left handed! Gee...can’t ya tell? 🤪🤪🤪

LEFTIES UNITE (or is the UNTIE?)

Don’t EVEN get me started on spiral bound notebooks.
YES !!!! Agree about the notebooks 😳😳😳scissors, ironing boards , try to read directions to learn crocheting or knitting..my stitching looks backwards to everyone else!!!!!
I actually use scissors with my right hand, always have. And using a knife?....when I am eating I use the knife with my right hand. When cooking (slicing, dicing, etc.) I use my left!
If I even TRY to use my right to slice a roast or something I cannot do it. I have to slice to serve using my left. But to eat...my right.
Wow...I am weird.

Oh yeah...ironing boards? Used backwards right? I do.
Yes. Backwards 😳 the only things I do righted handed (that I've noticed ) is run my adding machine which always came in handy when I was working (accounting among other things) bowling , baseball
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

YES !!!! Agree about the notebooks 😳😳😳scissors, ironing boards , try to read directions to learn crocheting or knitting..my stitching looks backwards to everyone else!!!!!
I actually use scissors with my right hand, always have. And using a knife?....when I am eating I use the knife with my right hand. When cooking (slicing, dicing, etc.) I use my left!
If I even TRY to use my right to slice a roast or something I cannot do it. I have to slice to serve using my left. But to eat...my right.
Wow...I am weird.

Oh yeah...ironing boards? Used backwards right? I do.
Yes. Backwards 😳 the only things I do righted handed (that I've noticed ) is run my adding machine which always came in handy when I was working (accounting among other things) bowling , baseball
I never did sports right handed, none of them.
And adding matching or calculator YES.
Sweeping, both ways
Other things I can use either hand.
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Can't teach kids to write cursive, but can spend big bucks on the football / basketball programs at school.
Agree ❗ when my kids were little I refused to let them wear the velcro strapped tennis shoes (brand new idea when they were small) because I wanted to be sure they could tie a bow!! Some kids couldn't and that bothered me. However being left handed and.my husband right handed we tied shoes different. Finally told him that only one of us could teach the kids because we were confusing.the *heck* out.of them.
Needless to say My kids tied their shoes Left handed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I always wondered why they don't make left handed spiral notebooks. ( My mom's a leftie..... I know the pain. ) I always tried to buy the spiral notebooks with the wire on the top and a good strong solid back. I'm a rightie and my problem was writing on the back side of the paper in regular spiral notebooks. Hope that made sense. :D
4 x

Gypsy

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

Agree ❗ when my kids were little I refused to let them wear the velcro strapped tennis shoes (brand new idea when they were small) because I wanted to be sure they could tie a bow!! Some kids couldn't and that bothered me. However being left handed and.my husband right handed we tied shoes different. Finally told him that only one of us could teach the kids because we were confusing.the *heck* out.of them.

I always wondered why they don't make left handed spiral notebooks. ( My mom's a leftie..... I know the pain. ) I always tried to buy the spiral notebooks with the wire on the top and a good strong solid back. I'm a rightie and my problem was writing on the back side of the paper in regular spiral notebooks. Hope that made sense. :D
I switched to steno pads ! I buy bundle packs 😊
3 x

Gypsy

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I switched to steno pads too ! I buy bundle packs 😊
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

I remember there was a Left Handed shoppe in Ports o Call, Long Beach, Ca. They had left handed spiral bound notebooks.

I like the side binding but I just use them bass-ackwards❗️❗️😝
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I remember my mean first grade teacher made my lifetime best friend, who was left-handed, write using her right hand! She would punish her by slapping the top of her hand!!!! Can you imagine that happening now? I still get mad remembering it. My friend and I have brought that up in conversations many times. My friend would cry.
4 x

Gypsy

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I remember my mean first grade teacher made my lifetime best friend, who was left-handed, write using her right hand! She would punish her by slapping the top of her hand!!!! Can you imagine that happening now? I still get mad remembering it. My friend and I have brought that up in conversations many times. My friend would cry.
🥺 I still remember my kindergarten teacher trying to force me to use my right hand. I still remember her name 😢
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
That happened to my Grandmother, she was left handed. But as she told it she had it “trained” out of her. Much to her dismay. We never could read her handwriting.
Being left handed my handwriting isn’t very good, but hers wasn’t even legible.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I was always right handed except for tennis where I was ambidextrous. Then when I got run over by a truck (twice) and I was put in a right arm and body cast for six months. Now I can do most things with both hands though I prefer my right. I guess necessity is the mother of options.
5 x