Teeny weeny irritations- Can ya tell I'm bored?

Gemsnob

Re: Teeny weeny irritations- Can ya tell I'm bored?

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I was always right handed except for tennis where I was ambidextrous. Then when I got run over by a truck (twice) and I was put in a right arm and body cast for six months. Now I can do most things with both hands though I prefer my right. I guess necessity is the mother of options.
Im kind of surprised you have hands to write with after being run over by two trucks. You must have several guardian 👼. ❤
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Not two trucks. The same truck hit me once and I went up in the air and the bimbo driving the truck thought she hit a speed bump and did not stop so she hit again when I was coming down. That was the accident in "The Great Flood etc." Yep I got a concussion, an extra elbow (note to self: never try to stop a truck with your arm) and every organ in my body was seeping blood. But other than that not a bad day LOL

Oh yeah, so they put an extra heavy cast on because if the bone moved it would sever the nerve in my arm and I wouldn't be able to use it. I kept telling my doctor my arm REALLY hurt and it hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. Doc did not believe me but when the tech went to change the cast-- it had pulled my arm out of the socket and stretched all the ligaments. Yes indeedy my shoulder had been dislocated for many moons. The look on that poor tech's face was priceless So then they put me in a body cast with my arm attached to my torso. If it was left up to me my son's diaper would have never gotten changed. Pretty tricky with one arm.
4 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Not two trucks. The same truck hit me once and I went up in the air and the bimbo driving the truck thought she hit a speed bump and did not stop so she hit again when I was coming down. That was the accident in "The Great Flood etc." Yep I got a concussion, an extra elbow (note to self: never try to stop a truck with your arm) and every organ in my body was seeping blood. But other than that not a bad day LOL

Oh yeah, so they put an extra heavy cast on because if the bone moved it would sever the nerve in my arm and I wouldn't be able to use it. I kept telling my doctor my arm REALLY hurt and it hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. Doc did not believe me but when the tech went to change the cast-- it had pulled my arm out of the socket and stretched all the ligaments. Yes indeedy my shoulder had been dislocated for many moons. The look on that poor tech's face was priceless So then they put me in a body cast with my arm attached to my torso. If it was left up to me my son's diaper would have never gotten changed. Pretty tricky with one arm.
Omgosh. Thats awful. Why dont doctors listen? They need a few courses in listening and avoiding the "God complex". Not all but Ive run into a few.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

You gotta be a cat with nine lives 😺
3 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
You gotta be a cat with nine lives 😺
Thats accurate. One lucky lady. I guess its a matter of perspective.
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I’m left handed! Gee...can’t ya tell? 🤪🤪🤪

LEFTIES UNITE (or is the UNTIE?)

Don’t EVEN get me started on spiral bound notebooks.
I always wondered why they don't make left handed spiral notebooks. ( My mom's a leftie..... I know the pain. ) I always tried to buy the spiral notebooks with the wire on the top and a good strong solid back. I'm a rightie and my problem was writing on the back side of the paper in regular spiral notebooks. Hope that made sense. :D
I remember there was a Left Handed shoppe in Ports o Call, Long Beach, Ca. They had left handed spiral bound notebooks.

I like the side binding but I just use them bass-ackwards❗️❗️😝
Oh how I miss Port o Call. I used to live in Long Beach on Daisy Street. Go to the end of the interstare. I think it used to be called the 7. Turn left go 1 block, my apartment was on the corner on the right side of the street. There used to be 's store there that sold Indian stuff. Bought a beautiful turquoise / coral ring the had a raised cz stone in the middle. Then it has silver leaves that wrapped up and over the band on each side of the cz.... like a bridge ring. Gave it to mom...... she lost it. Been looking 4 ever to find another one like it. I moved to Long Beach in 1981. Lived there for a couple of years. Then moved to Bellflower close to Cal Worthington ( and his dog Spot.)
2 x

Gemsnob

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago

I always wondered why they don't make left handed spiral notebooks. ( My mom's a leftie..... I know the pain. ) I always tried to buy the spiral notebooks with the wire on the top and a good strong solid back. I'm a rightie and my problem was writing on the back side of the paper in regular spiral notebooks. Hope that made sense. :D
I remember there was a Left Handed shoppe in Ports o Call, Long Beach, Ca. They had left handed spiral bound notebooks.

I like the side binding but I just use them bass-ackwards❗️❗️😝
Oh how I miss Port o Call. I used to live in Long Beach on Daisy Street. Go to the end of the interstare. I think it used to be called the 7. Turn left go 1 block, my apartment was on the corner on the right side of the street. There used to be 's store there that sold Indian stuff. Bought a beautiful turquoise / coral ring the had a raised cz stone in the middle. Then it has silver leaves that wrapped up and over the band on each side of the cz.... like a bridge ring. Gave it to mom...... she lost it. Been looking 4 ever to find another one like it. I moved to Long Beach in 1981. Lived there for a couple of years. Then moved to Bellflower close to Cal Worthington ( and his dog Spot.)
Have you ever heard if Sue Rochfort? Shes on hiatus until sometime in February but shes on AVC. If you dont get that channel, you can watch on shopavc.com
Her show is antiques and estate jewelry. She used to be on GSN. Ive been watching her for probably 20 years. Its like having a museum brought into your home when shes on. She sells Native American pieces as well as anything else. She settles estates for attorneys. Ill have to see if they announced when shes back on again.
0 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Angelflutter, the ring sounds beautiful & I hope you find one like it soon. The way you described the leaves in silver reminded me of some I had seen in the Smokey Mountains & Gatlinburg, where we go to sometimes. They have many little shops along the way & some Indian stores, with the totem pole in front. They have many handmade silver jewelry pieces. I hope your husband is doing better today. You are still in my prayers.♥️
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Gemsnob, can I please ask if that channel is on Dish Network? That’s what we have since we are so far back in the country that there’s no regular cable. We live out in the sticks, as they say here 🤣🤣 The jewelry sounds intriguing & I would like to see it on air. ❣️❣️
0 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter, the ring sounds beautiful & I hope you find one like it soon. The way you described the leaves in silver reminded me of some I had seen in the Smokey Mountains & Gatlinburg, where we go to sometimes. They have many little shops along the way & some Indian stores, with the totem pole in front. They have many handmade silver jewelry pieces. I hope your husband is doing better today. You are still in my prayers.♥️
No, unfortunately. Not much of a change. I still think I'm going to find him dead in bed. I hate going into his bedroom. But I need to keep checking on him. Offering cold drinks, something to eat, meds, nebulizer treatments. Just trying to keep him comfortable. Thank you for your concern and continued prayers.
3 x