Teeny weeny irritations- Can ya tell I'm bored?

Ginger

Re: Teeny weeny irritations- Can ya tell I'm bored?

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Please think positive my dear friend, he’s so lucky to have an angel 👼🏻 like you caring for him. Have you tried Boost or Ensure protein drinks? That’s what my doctor has me drinking daily now & they come in many flavors. Keep positive thoughts, cherish every moment and know I’m just a click away if you need to talk. You are not alone, know this for certain, we’re ALL here for you. I will keep praying ♥️🌹
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob, can I please ask if that channel is on Dish Network? That’s what we have since we are so far back in the country that there’s no regular cable. We live out in the sticks, as they say here 🤣🤣 The jewelry sounds intriguing & I would like to see it on air. ❣️❣️
I looked it up and on Dish its channels 87 & 276. It doesnt say when she will be back on yet though. I think she recently lost her father so Im certain she dealing with his estate. I cant usually afford to buy from her but I still love to watch. She shows things people have collected from all over the world. Some are really unusual.
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Oh thank you so much Gemsnob, I will definitely look for it. I love vintage & estate jewelry or really anything in the categories. The beautiful distinctive pieces of jewelry is what I love to see. I like going to estate sales in our area & looking at everything they’ve collected through the years. I always wish I could buy everything but know I cannot. But thank you so much, I will keep my eye out for it & I think I’ve heard the name before somewhere. I keep thinking of the J channel & a woman many years ago worked there & then went to sell estate jewelry. I wonder if it’s the same one? But I will check it out now, happy evening ♥️♥️
1 x

Gemsnob

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Oh thank you so much Gemsnob, I will definitely look for it. I love vintage & estate jewelry or really anything in the categories. The beautiful distinctive pieces of jewelry is what I love to see. I like going to estate sales in our area & looking at everything they’ve collected through the years. I always wish I could buy everything but know I cannot. But thank you so much, I will keep my eye out for it & I think I’ve heard the name before somewhere. I keep thinking of the J channel & a woman many years ago worked there & then went to sell estate jewelry. I wonder if it’s the same one? But I will check it out now, happy evening ♥️♥️
I dont think she worked on the J channel. Shes lived all over the US and in Korea. Her husband is Australian. Shes in her 60's Id say. You may recognize her if youve watched GSN. She has been gone from there for probably 5-6 years.
1 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I remember there was a Left Handed shoppe in Ports o Call, Long Beach, Ca. They had left handed spiral bound notebooks.

I like the side binding but I just use them bass-ackwards❗️❗️😝
Oh how I miss Port o Call. I used to live in Long Beach on Daisy Street. Go to the end of the interstare. I think it used to be called the 7. Turn left go 1 block, my apartment was on the corner on the right side of the street. There used to be 's store there that sold Indian stuff. Bought a beautiful turquoise / coral ring the had a raised cz stone in the middle. Then it has silver leaves that wrapped up and over the band on each side of the cz.... like a bridge ring. Gave it to mom...... she lost it. Been looking 4 ever to find another one like it. I moved to Long Beach in 1981. Lived there for a couple of years. Then moved to Bellflower close to Cal Worthington ( and his dog Spot.)
Have you ever heard if Sue Rochfort? Shes on hiatus until sometime in February but shes on AVC. If you dont get that channel, you can watch on shopavc.com
Her show is antiques and estate jewelry. She used to be on GSN. Ive been watching her for probably 20 years. Its like having a museum brought into your home when shes on. She sells Native American pieces as well as anything else. She settles estates for attorneys. Ill have to see if they announced when shes back on again.
Name sounds vaguely famikiar. Thank you for the info. I will check it out.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Ginger you poor thing! You get dissed by the dish too. I have to laugh (or I would cry) whenever my TV goes out and the message comes on that if it is raining, or the wind is blowing, or it it is snowing blah blah blah don' t call us we will call you--not our fault your TV doesn't work. Well I live in the Pacific Northwest for crying in a bucket! It is doing one of those things every day. As a matter of fact the forecast is for rain for the next 10 days straight. Probably longer but that is as far as the forecast goes out. Full disclosure, you all are stuck with me for at least the next week and a half. On the bright side maybe the picture won't go out and it will just sound like the actors are gargling underwater when they talk and their faces look like a Picasso or Dali portrait only pixilated.
3 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger you poor thing! You get dissed by the dish too. I have to laugh (or I would cry) whenever my TV goes out and the message comes on that if it is raining, or the wind is blowing, or it it is snowing blah blah blah don' t call us we will call you--not our fault your TV doesn't work. Well I live in the Pacific Northwest for crying in a bucket! It is doing one of those things every day. As a matter of fact the forecast is for rain for the next 10 days straight. Probably longer but that is as far as the forecast goes out. Full disclosure, you all are stuck with me for at least the next week and a half. On the bright side maybe the picture won't go out and it will just sound like the actors are gargling underwater when they talk and their faces look like a Picasso or Dali portrait only pixilated.
Hmmm....I think theres a story in there somewhere. :D
0 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Please think positive my dear friend, he’s so lucky to have an angel 👼🏻 like you caring for him. Have you tried Boost or Ensure protein drinks? That’s what my doctor has me drinking daily now & they come in many flavors. Keep positive thoughts, cherish every moment and know I’m just a click away if you need to talk. You are not alone, know this for certain, we’re ALL here for you. I will keep praying ♥️🌹
Oh yes. I have had him on Boost since his cancer days.
2 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I too am left landed and am told my writing isn't good, next time I'll blame it on being left handed. I hate tying, would much rather write. This autocorrect is such a pain I have to re-read and re- type everything many times sometimes and it just takes forever that's why I like writing. I'm a great speller and don't have this problem when writing.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
I too am left landed and am told my writing isn't good, next time I'll blame it on being left handed. I hate tying, would much rather write. This autocorrect is such a pain I have to re-read and re- type everything many times sometimes and it just takes forever that's why I like writing. I'm a great speller and don't have this problem when writing.
But we get the lovely ink smears on the sides of our hands!
2 x