Royston Turquoise!!

Gemsnob

Re: Royston Turquoise!!

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
There's pretty good information on the education site concerning this gemstone. You'll have to double check the facts .
Education page says it is stabilized. But I don’t think that’s a negative in turquoise. Is it? Gem experts out there?
It is to some people. Unstablized can have a change of color over the years so if its set in jewelry , over time, uf there are several stones, they may no longer match. If you have ever seen vintage or estate jewelry with turquoise and one or two stones dont match, it could be that they changed over time or that those had to be replaced.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Margui

Turquoise colored magnasite is dyed. Naturally it comes in white, yellow or grey usually. It doesn't seem as porous as howlite and has a nice "heft" to it. I have two necklaces with almost the same design one in Magnasite and one in Turquoise and I had to mark them or I mix up which is which.

I tried to answer you earlier but this website kept kicking me out AND telling me I had reached my Budget Pay limit. (3 times!) I don't have anything on Budget Pay.

If Danielle doesn't respond to any of you she is having troubles too.
5 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Margui

Turquoise colored magnasite is dyed. Naturally it comes in white, yellow or grey usually. It doesn't seem as porous as howlite and has a nice "heft" to it. I have two necklaces with almost the same design one in Magnasite and one in Turquoise and I had to mark them or I mix up which is which.

I tried to answer you earlier but this website kept kicking me out AND telling me I had reached my Budget Pay limit. (3 times!) I don't have anything on Budget Pay.

If Danielle doesn't respond to any of you she is having troubles too.
That is bizarre! Im wary of this site and the App lately with everything I am hearing. Im afraid to shop if someone was getting hacked right before her eyes.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I keep trying to tell people that something is wrong !!!
3 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I know you do. I wonder if others have had issues but arent on the forum? Kind of scary.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I know you do. I wonder if others have had issues but arent on the forum? Kind of scary.
Maybe.......I just keeping thinking what could have happened, the odds that I would be reading my phone at that exact time are astronomical ❗❗❗❗❗
2 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe.......I just keeping thinking what could have happened, the odds that I would be reading my phone at that exact time are astronomical ❗❗❗❗❗
Thats what I was thinking!
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Well, I will say this about the website; I have had to log back in each time I get on this forum.🥺 It is showing I have logged out & I haven’t done it. So it makes me wonder what is going on with it. Also earlier, I tried looking at my account, it wouldn’t bring it up so I could see my orders. It automatically knocked me off completely & I am not ordering anything right now with these glitches. I don’t use the app but go through the link in my email from ShopLC. But I’ve had to log in every time today I visited the forums & I honestly never log out of my account. That’s what is happening today & I am very cautious now.
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

So am I understanding..... Mojave turquoise is man made. Royston is natural, but looks like Mojave with the matrix?
0 x

Gemsnob

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
So am I understanding..... Mojave turquoise is man made. Royston is natural, but looks like Mojave with the matrix?
Mojave is composite. It pieces that are compressed with matrix. So basically they take scrap to make it. Royston is mined natural material. Have no idea if its stabelized as that isnt a bad thing to me. If youve seen the shungite statures, they take scrap or even powder and compress it into a block then carve it. Its possible they have forms and compress it into the statue shapes.
2 x