Everything Is Fine

Ginger

Re: Everything Is Fine

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Your family is so blessed to have you OSOTT and AngelFlutter, I wish there was someway I could help you out with the chores you need done. I wouldn’t mind doing anything for you ♥️ Dear Cat & Jewelry Queen, I hope things are getting better with the loss of your loved ones. I have you all in my thoughts & prayers, and I’m still sending prayers for your dear Mom Cat. I send cyber hugs to everyone in need of them. Also I keep baby wipes everywhere now since I am having to help care for a couple. Also, I order those wipes/towels from the medical supply store that you can heat in the microwave to bathe with. I love these things & they’re so affordable. It’s great for my in-laws who I help care for now. Please take a few minutes for yourself, even if it’s just for a cup of hot tea and a sweet treat. It will do your body & mind good. You’re ALL terrific women ♥️♥️
7 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I'm home for the night! Mom's doctors have come and gone and at the moment we are just waiting for the culture and letting her get better with fluids/antibiotics. This sounds crazy, but being at the hospital is like a mini vacation from being home doing it all. I don't know if I should start the chores or go for a nap. I just gave my cats good love and sweet talk. It's a beautiful day here and I feel free with security that mom is being taken care of.

@Angelflutter everything, and I mean everything you wrote about is me! I almost got chills as I read your post as it is exactly, exactly my life. The endless laundry, the countless spills and "accidents" - constantly trying to plan and cook a healthy meal that is so restrictive that I could probably write a book on meals; the sugar readings, oxygen readings; having to "find" everything that is dropped under the bed,lost in her chair, runaway tv remote that mom is sitting on but mom will insist she is NOT sitting on it - ten minutes later - I finally get her up to stand and there it is....tv remote. The losing her glasses, wiping her mouth, ordering supplies (IV, flushes, heparin, alcohol wipes, gloves, kits), depends, meds, omg, her medicines... Her 20 pills a day medicines. Medicines are my fear too, @Angelflutter . "no more refills" is my worst fear. calling her doctors for refills, missing their calls, returning doctors calls, calling the pharmacy to see if they got the new prescription, ordering them, picking them up or before I finally go to sleep, jump up and order prescriptions via the app. Oh, let's include pharmacy never gets the prescriptions or they are wrong...back to calling the doctor and waiting. Two are before breakfast, 10 after breakfast, 8 a bedtime with something on her stomach. Keeping up with bowel movements, draining her urine bag (she has a catheter). We use an intercom too so mom will call me and she never presses the button down long enough to speak, which another trip to her room. Then paying bills, and going through the anger she expresses of every medical bill and what her insurance doesn't pay or that she is overcharged, and "I" need to call and find out. Weighing her, watching for weight gain (no more than 2lbs), and logging all vitals everyday. Her sugar is elevated? What did she eat that I gave her... racking my brain of the meals/snacks from the day before. Mother always wants something to eat that I don't have in the house. every.single.time. I've often wondered how she had that skill to name the very food item I don't have or forgot to restock. She takes a call from my sister then asks me to explain this or that which is another 30 minutes. Order the newspaper. Get invoice... cancel the newspaper. then, the physical therapy and the making it presentable and safe for mom. That's when she gets to inspect everything and find everything wrong and how embarrassed she is for someone to see it. and this is just off the top of my head. Anyway, it's a club we are in my friends. It's thankless, stressful, but "I" have the time left with her and when she is no longer with me - I will be comforted to know I did everything in my power to help her....like she did me when I was born.

Thank you, ladies for your support in this endeavor. I have never ever confided in anyone about this very difficult life. My sister and brother acts like it's nothing. seriously, they downplay it and always changes the subject if I hint of whining. Shopping and politics is what I got at the moment. Mostly shopping which I need to curb but it's my one and only vice.

Thanks for listening and to those who don't want to read it - I understand. Really, I understand. Now I'm going to shop a little and read up on ya'll and what I missed!!! I love you all. I really do.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
May God richly bless each of you as you care for your loved ones💞

That above statement by @Blossom is
my prayer for each and every one of you who is suffering through difficult times whether it be emotionally or physically . You are ALL such strong women capable of surviving so much heartbreak.
Prayers and Blessings - Gypsy 💜💜
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
OSOTT. I am right there with you. It has been 5 days since my last bath. Been using baby wipes like there is no tomorrow. I have severe hot flashes. With each new hot flash, I feel like a bucket of glue has been poured on me from head to toe. I have a big knot of tangled hair on my neck..... but too exhausted to take time a try to detangle and comb my hair out. I have a load of laundry in the dryer, one in the washer and a couple of loads on the floor in front of the washer waiting to get done. And when I can hopefully get in the tub later today, there will be another load of towels and pajamas and a robe to launder. The grocery store and pharmacy are my new "outings"...... then directly back to the house. I am exhausted every hour of every day..... yet constantly wonder if there is more I can do or need to do. I get very angry at the situation. Not my mother and hubs. I have had my life totally disrupted. I have my mother living with me. I have had to rearrange my home to accommodate her belongings and make things accessible for her. I needed to have clear paths throughout the house so I can try to do physical therapy with her. I have pretty much been forced into retirement. I have to make sure all of her bills are paid as well as paying mine. I have to be sure that I give her her meds on time. I have to make sure I order her meds. God help that I should fall asleep and she were to miss her meds. I have to bathe her. Clean her after bowel or bladder accidents. I have to make sure she is fed. No more just grabbing a bite when I am hungry and going about my business. I do the same for hubs with the exception of the bowel / bladder messes. Everything I do is times 2. I am watching TV shows I normally wouldn't watch so I don't banish mom or hubs to their rooms to watch their TVs. My only relaxation is reading books and visiting my friends in this forum. Someone said to me referring to mom.... "Are you sure you want to take on this burden?" My reply to that person.... was, " It's not a burden, it's a privilege." As far as hubs goes, I took vows which included " in sickness and in health and for better or worse. " I may not have had a perfect day. But, I still have my mother and hubs for now. Yes, for now. I am not guaranteed they will be here tomorrow. When I lay down and rest my head at night, I can go to sleep knowing that I have done what I can do..... Even if it wasn't " perfect." ./color]

haha! I laughed out loud about the tangled hair as I've taken a shower and forgot to brush my hair many times and I end up looking wild. I know how they make dreadlocks now! Oh and the aroma of lysol, antibiotic wipes and clorox is my new perfume. As far as clothes go, who has time to wear anything decent or look put together? I live in the deep South, where you find weather in your own home. I bought seven day dresses (one piece, cotton with pockets) that are so hideous but so reliable and easy to wear while keeping me cool - that once her nurse didn't recognize me when I ran into her at the grocery store dressed normally, hair combed. I bought $350 worth of brand new makeup at Christmas to entice me to "try harder" with my appearance....I've used it once. haha! Oh, and then, my neighbor called last night because I left my outside lights (garage) on and it disturbs them! ....the nerve of me! What a life they have to only have a light to worry abut. oh brother. It's a circus! Oh, but they are selling shungite on SLC!! weeeee!
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

wow! I didn't mean to post above in purple! hahahahaha!
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
May God richly bless each of you as you care for your loved ones💞

That above statement by @Blossom is
my prayer for each and every one of you who is suffering through difficult times whether it be emotionally or physically . You are ALL such strong women capable of surviving so much heartbreak.
Prayers and Blessings - Gypsy 💜💜
Thank you from the bottom of my heart! (((HUGS)))
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
SO good to hear from you OSOTT!

I know it sounds all good and well to take care of yourself but you say "With what time am I to do this?" Sometimes a wash of the hair in the sink a wipedown all over with a baby wipe and a touch of lipstick can make all the difference to your sense of well being. Takes less than half an hour. Been there-Done that
No kidding! When I get to brush my teeth, brush my hair, take a shower and have a choice of what to wear - it's like vacation! But no matter how tired I am - I always make time for loving on my cats. They are my biggest supporters and love bugs.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
There was a Church potluck at 6 tonight at mine but I couldn’t go with these issues. But I talked to the pastor’s wife & they had several prayer chains for you, Cat, Jewelry Queen, OSOTT and Blossom. I hope you all are taking a few minutes for yourselves tonight & getting a little more rest. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to morning service & be in the prayer circle for everyone. You are never alone ♥️♥️💛
Ginger, you're a sweetheart! With everything you have going on & to think of so many others...well, you're just the best!
Yes, I agree! @Ginger, you are kind and thoughtful. Since I've known you, you have been nothing but sweet and supportive. You are a special lady!
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Please dont ever be sorry that things are overwhelming. The stress is so understandable and the exhaustion expected so emotions will run high.
You are going thru such a difficult time ,trying to do your best and at times are probably feeling that you are under appreciated and doing everything wrong.
Believe me I know. You hate that loved ones are ill and feel helpless at times. ITS OKAY
You really aren't alone- this is still our forum- our community of friends. A safe place to vent or cry
Even though none of us "have met" in person
WE ARE HERE FOR EACH OTHER 💔💜 Gypsy
@Gypsy Thank you for understanding and giving me a bit of a pass. It's so appreciated to be understood. <3
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
SO good to hear from you OSOTT!

I know it sounds all good and well to take care of yourself but you say "With what time am I to do this?" Sometimes a wash of the hair in the sink a wipedown all over with a baby wipe and a touch of lipstick can make all the difference to your sense of well being. Takes less than half an hour. Been there-Done that
No kidding! When I get to brush my teeth, brush my hair, take a shower and have a choice of what to wear - it's like vacation! But no matter how tired I am - I always make time for loving on my cats. They are my biggest supporters and love bugs.
Pets are have always grounded me too! They are my normal💞
5 x