Moon Kyanite

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Moon Kyanite

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I purchased my first Moon Kyanite ring that I won on RA for $10. I've seen pieces of Moon Kyanite on other jewelry here but they all looked really milky which is not what I desire. But I won an auction and immediately thought, uh oh, I will regret this one. My ring is very pretty and although not transparent, it is also not milky on the top of the stone. It's more like there's depth and the milk color is deeper - more 3D. I do see "scrapes" on it when shined in the light and on a deeper layer - as if the top is a shiny glaze and the stone starts beneath it...hope that makes sense. Because it was only $10 I will keep it and enjoy it as I was determined not to like it....but it's good (enough). I wish we could post pics.
5 x

Topic Tags:

RS

Re: Moon Kyanite

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I purchased my first Moon Kyanite ring that I won on RA for $10. I've seen pieces of Moon Kyanite on other jewelry here but they all looked really milky which is not what I desire. But I won an auction and immediately thought, uh oh, I will regret this one. My ring is very pretty and although not transparent, it is also not milky on the top of the stone. It's more like there's depth and the milk color is deeper - more 3D. I do see "scrapes" on it when shined in the light and on a deeper layer - as if the top is a shiny glaze and the stone starts beneath it...hope that makes sense. Because it was only $10 I will keep it and enjoy it as I was determined not to like it....but it's good (enough). I wish we could post pics.
I’ve been tempted...
Does it “act” like labradorite?
And not everything beautiful is expensive...
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

We can post pics and videos on the home page! Plus put a caption. But you have to give them some kind of rights.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
We can post pics and videos on the home page! Plus put a caption. But you have to give them some kind of rights.
Yeah...it’s advertising for SLC.

(I deleted the rest of this post)
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
I’ve been tempted...
RS, that's exactly what it is like! It's like labradorite!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
I’ve been tempted...
RS, that's exactly what it is like! It's like labradorite!
Then I am IN!
Just not from SLC. I am sure other places offer it.
3 x