Tanzanite Mystery Solved?

Gem Lover

Tanzanite Mystery Solved?

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

So I had shop lc on while eating my dinner and they had on a high end Tanzanite ring. Katie made the comment that the quality they have been selling like the one on air is no longer available and has not been in a long time, she then went on to say that they have all this Tanzanite in their vault from back when it was being mined and they held on to it waiting to see what the market was going to do, so in my opinion they were holding on to it so they can make a high profit compared to what they originally got it at way back and that explains why so much of it lately and why they are pushing it so hard, they are making a killing on it at the higher prices.
10 x

Harlequin

Re: Tanzanite Mystery Solved?

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

Tanzanite mystery solved:? How long have you been watching SLC? Just wondering.
2 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
So I had shop lc on while eating my dinner and they had on a high end Tanzanite ring. Katie made the comment that the quality they have been selling like the one on air is no longer available and has not been in a long time, she then went on to say that they have all this Tanzanite in their vault from back when it was being mined and they held on to it waiting to see what the market was going to do, so in my opinion they were holding on to it so they can make a high profit compared to what they originally got it at way back and that explains why so much of it lately and why they are pushing it so hard, they are making a killing on it at the higher prices.
That's funny because a few months ago they showed Shawn in the vault with a little container of tanzanite and said that was all they had left. :shock:
9 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I would say that their Tanzanite prices have at minimum doubled. I dont believe all this high end stuff has been just hanging out. They are getting new merchandise from somewhere. Using hosts to pressure viewers onto ordering. What do all these companies know ?? Why does everyone suddenly have lots of Tanzanite and charging premium prices ?? Is Tanzanite 1 “ alive and well” ? Do they fear prices will drop once the ELUSIVE mine is in action ?? I dont know. All I know is our senses are being BOMBARDED with a non stop parade of very expensive Tanzanite —— there has to be a reason🧐
4 x

Gem Lover

Harlequin I have been watching a few years, the point I was making is the host are always saying they have hardly any left but they have been saving it for when the price increased. We have been wondering why all the high end tanzanite all of a sudden and this is probably why.
3 x

Tiarose

Post by Tiarose » 4 years ago

lol maybe it is simple as somewhere in the world a second vein of tanzanite was discovered. Or something where in a years time the value of the gem will be lost. Conspiracy or fact you choose lol
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

In case any of our Forum members senses are hankering for MORE high end Tanzanite, Lolo just announced that in about 2 hours the High end Tanzanite parade will resume🤮 She actually said : GET YOUR CREDIT CARDS READY😇🤯
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
In case any of our Forum members senses are hankering for MORE high end Tanzanite, Lolo just announced that in about 2 hours the High end Tanzanite parade will resume🤮 She actually said : GET YOUR CREDIT CARDS READY😇🤯
That might be good for someone hankering for Tanzanite, as for me..... not even going to watch.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

🤢
3 x

Gem Lover

Katie said they had been holding on to this stuff for a while to see what the market was going to do, that to me translate to we held on to it so we can charge more when the price goes up and make a killing. This I found on a Tanzanite jewelers web page with updated prices for 2020 and the prices are much lower than shop lc is telling us on the air: WHAT IS THE PRICE OF TANZANITE IN 2020?
The current price and value for Tanzanite changes based on the weight. Tanzanite showing a noticeble green component will be worth significantly less. For richly colored AAA Tanzanite, 1ct is approximately worth $300-$425 per carat. 2ct sizes reach $450-$650 per carat. 3 carats and up will reach $650-$750 per carat. The changes taking place in Tanzania makes tanzanite a very good investment stone. Other factors affecting value include the depth of color, quality of color in daylight and in incandescent lighting, the clarity of the stone, the type of cut, quality of cut and polish, the demand and the current supply of Tanzanite in Tanzania, which is maybe 50% controlled by the Tanzanite One Group. We are currently developing a new grading system for tanzanite which we have begun to incorporate in our newest tanzanites basing the overall quality rating from 0-1000. A video explaining this grading system will be available soon. This is the link for this info: https://www.tanzanitejewelrydesigns.com ... carat-html
5 x