Credit Card Hacked

Lulu

Credit Card Hacked

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

I made a purchase on this site on January 31st and my credit card was hacked. Have there been any other complaints recently?
Last edited by Lulu 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gypsy

Re: Credit Card Hacked

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
I made a purchase on this site on January 31st and my credit card was hacked. Have their been any other complaints recently?
Yes !!!!!!
I have been reporting this for awhile now !!!
This site has issues
My phone was hacked while on site- I saw it happening and got offline and my phone shut down and now have new security system installed.
Something is wrong with BP site when you try to make payments. Site has also been known to let customers see other customers information.

Follow up note - someone has tried twice since new security system installed to hack me but the hack gets shutdown immediately and auto security run is done. Both times I was on SLC site. Be alert ❗❗❗
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Their site crashes all the time. I also think this is hackers trying to invade. May be inside job or not. I use Mac devices only and they are very good at keeping hackers and viruses out.
Doesn’t prevent the site from going down. I never have that issue while on the forum but CONSTANTLY while trying to look at merchandise. It’s gotten to the point that I just can’t anymore.
I do know that “someone” hacks the keyboards because I will type and different letters appear as well as it being very slow to type because it’s like someone else is trying to control it.
I know that sounds confusing but it does happen and started a few months ago.
6 x

Gypsy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Their site crashes all the time. I also think this is hackers trying to invade. May be inside job or not. I use Mac devices only and they are very good at keeping hackers and viruses out.
Doesn’t prevent the site from going down. I never have that issue while on the forum but CONSTANTLY while trying to look at merchandise. It’s gotten to the point that I just can’t anymore.
I do know that “someone” hacks the keyboards because I will type and different letters appear as well as it being very slow to type because it’s like someone else is trying to control it.
I understand what you are saying about the internal control. I've noticed it once or twice before but it was so "slight" I wasnt sure till you mentioned it I think last week and it got me to thinking about it.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
I understand what you are saying about the internal control. I've noticed it once or twice before but it was so "slight" I wasnt sure till you mentioned it I think last week and it got me to thinking about it.
Oh yeah...and it’s so obvious. In fact sometimes while I am typing I type TO whomever is doing it..,it stops.
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Wow! I've never heard of these problems on the other shopping sites I frequent. I'm wondering if not keeping the credit card info on file would provide some protection? It would be a pain to input the data for each purchase, though.

The funny thing is, whoever hacked it is an idiot. All they charged was Netflix purchases. :lol: My credit card company rep said they knew it wasn't me because it wasn't from a shopping channel. :mrgreen:
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Wow! I've never heard of these problems on the other shopping sites I frequent. I'm wondering if not keeping the credit card info on file would provide some protection? It would be a pain to input the data for each purchase, though.

The funny thing is, whoever hacked it is an idiot. All they charged was Netflix purchases. :lol: My credit card company rep said they knew it wasn't me because it wasn't from a shopping channel. :mrgreen:
Hahaaa....that would likely be the same with me. That or Guitar Center! Luckily most CC companies are quick to fix the issue.
5 x

Gypsy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Oh yeah...and it’s so obvious. In fact sometimes while I am typing I type TO whomever is doing it..,it stops.
Good to know ! I'll try that if it happens again
3 x

Gypsy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago

Hahaaa....that would likely be the same with me. That or Guitar Center! Luckily most CC companies are quick to fix the issue.
At least your CC was paying attention ❗
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Indeed! On websites about different companies, you can type in SLC's full name and read about this same thing occurring to many.

First of all change your password.

And here's something to think about:

How many very angry customers are there who feel defrauded by SLC, their staff, etc.??????

And, not all employees are honest.

This site has proven to be very unsafe. Never keep your payment methods stored on ANY online account.

SLC doesn't need your payment method to be "on here" to process any budget pays. When you (if you) make a purchase, enter the card info then. Do not save it on here.

In addition, you can still be hacked. Employees can see our information and on sites that complain about businesses, you will find that many were ONLY hacked, AFTER A PURCHASE FROM SLC.

Usually it's someone in another state or country; especially country, because it's more difficult to prosecute - or so they think.

Still, they don't have to be in another state or country. Some re-route their transaction(s) and it will appear as if it was done overseas.

Your bank should take care of it, get you a new card, etc.

But please write Danielle, AND management at SLC, and write your experience on other sites that are upset about certain businesses. I can't type the names here.

If your device was hacked and not just your CC or bank account used fraudulently, make sure you reset it back to factory condition. And change your password for here afterwards, and ALL other passwords.

Remember: When done using this site, or shopping at ANY site or even just being online, ALWAYS clear your "browser activities", and ALL "cookies" when you are done.

Do not ever set online accounts to save your info. Yes it's a pain to log in every time, but these are important safety measures.

They hire people at SLC who quit like the place has a revolving door. Depending on the type of person who is hired, their job, how they are treated, etc., all can contribute to employees doing this - especially when they work in a group, or have a friend use your card so it doesn't trace back to them - they think.

Make a complaint to the FTC, because you have been defrauded.

Make a police report so it is on record.

Contact other sites and make a complaint:

Homeland Security has a webpage for you to fill out if you've been hacked.

So does The FBI.

Do more searches and you will find other "Government" sites that deal with this.

Make a complaint on each site.

Contact Danielle, and definitely write to SLC and tell them your purchase, item number, date and time.

Don't forget to do a search for sites who have had problems with companies. The BBB, and others. To find them, do a search for Shop LC with other "certain words", and a lot of sites will appear where you can at least warn others.

Most of all, clear your device/computer browser history, don't save passwords on your devices, and clear your "cookies" EVERY TIME YOU ARE DONE online.

And ALWAYS LOG OFF COMPLETELY, SHUT YOUR DEVICES DOWN and if it is a PC, UNPLUG IT - YES! UNPLUG IT. DO THIS EVERY TIME YOU ARE "DONE" FOR EACHHHHHH "SESSION."

Most of all, contact Danielle and SLCs contact email. Let them know what occurred!

Employees steal CC info all the time, but a good company looks into the issue and locates the employee(s), if it IS employee related and not angry customers.

Think of ALL those people out there who make a lot of money working in IT. If they feel mistreated, in any way, when purchasing from a company, they have the knowledge and the means to "get back" at any company they're ticked off at.

If SLC doesn't make this right for you, you have two choices.

1) Use pre-paid Visa cards for your purchases so your regular CC info or bank info, is not known.

2) Don't shop here anymore.

I have logged in and found myself in another person's account and sent screenshots to SLC.

I could see the person's name, last four digits of their CC, and what this person entered as their spouse's CC. Also, their full name, address and phone number. And their history of purchases.

THIS IS ALREADY A BREACH OF THIS CUSTOMER'S PRIVACY. EVEN WITH NO MONEY TAKEN.

It could have been someone who logged in and found themselves in your account. They can order from SLC and send the items to a friend's house who then says "I don't know what you're talking about" to the authorities.

Like I said, I believe it's mostly done by angry customers of SLC. I've read of this happening too much. Also, it could be employees. Read sites on how employees who do the "grunt" work are treated. The phones, warehouse, etc.

What the person used your card for might tell you if it's someone who happened to find themselves in your account, or an employee who had access to your full CC number.

This has been happening here for years. I hate to say this, but it doesn't seem that they are taking it very seriously, or it would not still be happening.

They certainly have a lot of IT issues.

My choice is to not shop here. But that's also due to other reasons.

I hope this helps!

One good thing. You caught it.

So you can take the steps mentioned above. Sometimes a person's device is hacked, so they end up having to pay for a new one. Many people have had to continually replace PCs, phones, etc.

It's awful. But it's something that is now rampant. A lot of people have been hacked and don't even know it.

At least you know. And hopefully it was just your CC being used and not your device being hacked.

And I am serious about turning off devices after clearing your browser history and cookies AND EVEN UNPLUGGING THE DEVICE. IT IS NOW RECOMMENDED TO DO EVEN THIS!

Crimes today are now more and more often "Cyber Crimes". But the victim will feel the same as if their house was burglarized, etc. You have been victimized. You're going to feel upset, scared, and ANGRY.

But you are not alone. This occurs constantly.

But this site has had so many people send screenshots when finding themselves in another account or their CC used.

So why is it STILL HAPPENING?

That's a question you have to ask yourself. IS IT WORTH SHOPPING HERE WITH SECURITY THAT IS SO LAX?

I'm inclined to believe MOST of these CC hackings are done by CUSTOMERS who are angry with SLC, the auctions, the inconsistencies, misrepresentation of products, defective items, shipping hassles, payment issues, you name it.

Yes, it definitely could also be employees and ex-employees, especially if they are treated badly by their employers and/or customers.

You cannot be too careful online or in "real life."

I will keep you in my prayers. IMO, if the person is not caught, that does not mean they aren't being watched by an all-seeing God.

If you find others don't take this very seriously, remember: God takes it VERY seriously. God does NOT forget.
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
7 x