Credit Card Hacked

Hayhaypaula

Re: Credit Card Hacked

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I had an issue yesterday with an order yesterday and the CS said they had to go into my account and asked for my four-digit password. I told her and she went in and still couldn't do what she wanted to do. It's still unresolved. Now I'm concerned that she had access to my private info. I changed my four digit password (which four digit is a red flag). It would be such a major pain to shut down my credit card as so many bills are paid this way automatically.
There should never be a reason for CS to need your 4 digit passcode! Can they see your full credit card number from there?

@@mod_danielle isn't that right?
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

If you are hacked they can take control of your key board and your computer, they did it to my cousin and then charged over a $1000 on her Amazon account. As for hacking my camera they might see me first thing in the morning and change their mind about watching me, lol.
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

Do not use the LC app!! I started using it shortly after it came out. I found other people’s information showing up in my account. I told LC about it; that was at least a year and a half ago. I deleted the app; I tried again a couple months later, same thing happened. I deleted it and never used it again. If it hasn’t been fixed in a year and a half it will never be fixed!!
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve had others accounts show up on my account & took screenshots & called customer service. One was very helpful & asking me what name I was seeing. I saw her credit card information, orders she placed, address & phone number. I was mortified & asked myself if I could see her information, then who could see mine? The other time, I was told to just log out and my account should come back up. That’s not acceptable & that person didn’t bother to ask what I was seeing or try to fix it. I’ve called in about my budget payments & have been asked for my 4 digit PIN number once. I was actually annoyed I was asked this because I thought no one but me is supposed to know it. I asked him why he wanted to know & he said so he could get in my account & assist me with my budget payments. I found this odd and thought they can access your account with your name address and phone number. I’m removing my credit cards on file & after that episode, changed my pin. I’ve never had this issue on any other website I’ve shopped at. But today was full of glitches & I took screenshots of what it kept showing me, I thought it was only the forums but I looked at the pictures. It was on the main page too, half the home page was gone.
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

Today I tried to remove one of my payment methods & couldn't see a way to do it. How do you remove them?

@mod_danielle
1 x

Ginger

I think @Moderator_Connor is here this evening. Let me go to my account & look because I’m having to do that too. After tomorrow, only one item will be on budget pay & I am deleting other card information. 🦋
2 x

Ginger

@Moderator_Connor are you here please & can explain to her how to do that. Thank you Conner for all your help on here, sometimes I forget to say that enough but I do thank you for all your help.⭐️
2 x

Ginger

I just tried removing 4 of my 5 payment methods & it’s not letting me remove them now. I always thought we could remove our credit or debit card information on file? I tried several times & it’s not working, why is this??
2 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
@Moderator_Connor are you here please & can explain to her how to do that. Thank you Conner for all your help on here, sometimes I forget to say that enough but I do thank you for all your help.⭐️
Good Evening, Ginger!

Thank you for alerting me to this.

Customers are able to remove their card information by going to their Payment Details after logging in and removing the specific card they wish to remove. However, there are cases of the payment method that may not be given the option for removal. This can be due to the account having an active BudgetPay order tied to that specific card, or it is the only payment method on file.

Of course, Customer Service can assist with navigating past this and completely remove any/all payment methods from file at the customer's request. For those, we ask the customer call into Customer Service at 877-899-0078.
3 x

Ginger

Thank you @Moderator_Connor for this information. I will have to call customer service because I have put the few budget payments on one card now. So don’t understand why I can’t delete the rest of them, I will call tomorrow & thanks again for all your help. 🤗
3 x