Russian Charoite

Lulu

Re: Russian Charoite

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

This was supposed to air 4 months ago. Wound up buying a few pieces from JTV set in rose gold over sterling and it is really stunning. Also have a pendant set in sterling and the rose gold plating wins out. It really enhances the purple of the charoite.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
This was supposed to air 4 months ago. Wound up buying a few pieces from JTV set in rose gold over sterling and it is really stunning. Also have a pendant set in sterling and the rose gold plating wins out. It really enhances the purple of the charoite.
Sounds like a pretty combo.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I only have one piece of Charoite which is a pendant surrounded by amethysts and it is really striking.
3 x

Gypsy

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I only have one piece of Charoite which is a pendant surrounded by amethysts and it is really striking.
I'll bet that is pretty ❗ of course now I am picturing it set in Rose Gold 💕
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Yellow or rose gold makes a purple gem to be more noticeable. Years ago, I got an Amethyst from ShopLC (when they were known as The jewelry Channel). I took the Amethyst to Jared's and they told me that the amethyst is big, and I probably have pay a lot to be set. So, my mom decided to take the gem to our country. The result: The gem is set in 18kt yellow gold. It looks stunning. No diamonds, it was not necessary. I wish I can post a picture of the pendant. But the attachment option that was put on this forum is not available anymore.
4 x

Gypsy

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Yellow or rose gold makes a purple gem to be more noticeable. Years ago, I got an Amethyst from ShopLC (when they were known as The jewelry Channel). I took the Amethyst to Jared's and they told me that the amethyst is big, and I probably have pay a lot to be set. So, my mom decided to take the gem to our country. The result: The gem is set in 18kt yellow gold. It looks stunning. No diamonds, it was not necessary. I wish I can post a picture of the pendant. But the attachment option that was put on this forum is not available anymore.
@Margui

That sounds very pretty . I'm glad you were able to get it set like you wanted 😊 -Gypsy
4 x

Margui

@Gypsy The pendant is my mom's. I gave her the Amethyst as a gift. Also, a pair of then loose Aquamarines and Garnets for earrings. They are also set in gold. The garnets in yellow and the aquamarines in white. I wish ShopLC sells more loose gems.
4 x

Gypsy

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy The pendant is my mom's. I gave her the Amethyst as a gift. Also, a pair of then loose Aquamarines and Garnets for earrings. They are also set in gold. The garnets in yellow and the aquamarines in white. I wish ShopLC sells more loose gems.
Sounds like you have a gorgeous collection of gemstones 🥰
3 x

Margui

Both pair of earrings are also hers. The aquamarines were a birthday gift for her.
3 x

Gypsy

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Both pair of earrings are also hers. The aquamarines were a birthday gift for her.
I imagine your mother LOVED receiving such a sweet Birthday gift from her daughter ❣💕💕
2 x