Marva and her lighter

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Marva and her lighter

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Benadryl works for me but I use it sparingly as my cancer doctor told me there are studies out that says overuse might contribute to Alzheimer's. That's all I need!!
Im allergic to it but I didnt know about the study. Quite interesting. Its the main ingredient in some OTC sleep aids.
eww. Benadryl is not my friend. I feel sick on it.
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago

YOU NEED THIS, AND THIS, AND THIS!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: And like Jessica, "pleaaasee.....!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you imagine, you are at a clothing store and someone gets on the intercom and goes "peoooppple, its a sale! Only two more minutes. I mean...Good Night"! Then theres Cheryl doing cartwheels and backflips. I remember she said she likes scary clowns so now all I picture her as is a scary rodeo clown bouncing all over the studio. No more Jingles, just scary Cheryl!

Im also going to drug myself tonigh. I have Nyquil ready to go! Great minds think alike!
PEEEEEPOLE!!!!!! Yer cracking me up now!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way, if i just can not fall asleep, even after my swan dive into my bed,
i use ALEVE PM. the dose is two caplets at bedtime, but i just cut one caplet
into threes and take one third, which is actally one sixth of a dose. wake up
with no drowsiness. works like a charm. i don't do it often, sometimes my sleep
patterns just get a little messed up or something on my mind. ;)
3 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

I never understood the whole "lighter" thing, anyway. Yeah, the stones change color under certain light. But unless you plan on carrying the lighter around, and whipping it out every time you're in a dark area and holding it under your jewlery, no one's really going to know. You're just going to look silly. Or look like a 70's stoner. "Ohhh, cool man, dude, the COLORS... " Far out man.....
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

honey,

The sleep ingredient in the PM version of Aleve is the same as Benedryl but should not have any bad effects in the small dose you are taking. I sure wish I could remember the herbal sleep potion my Grandmother used to make. I never thought sleep would be a hard to come by commodity for me.
6 x

honey

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
The sleep ingredient in the PM version of Aleve is the same as Benedryl but should not have any bad effects in the small dose you are taking. I sure wish I could remember the herbal sleep potion my Grandmother used to make. I never thought sleep would be a hard to come by commodity for me.
JQ, i hope that you think of it. if don't have any ol' herb books
lying around, you must hunt some up. there have to some old
remedy recipes that might make you recall what your Grandmother
used to make.
editing.......'does warm milk really work?'
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I cant take Benedryl or Zyrtec. My face swells up first then it spreads to the rest of my body. I look like I have sun poisoning. The older I get, the more Im alleric to. Its weird.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gemsnob

What a horrible reaction! I have heard of that before but not as severe. People with asthma have to be careful too as it can bring on a nasty attack.

honey

Actually milk has Tryptophan in it which is an amino acid that the body needs to produce Seratonin which in turn helps to make Melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep cycles. Milk probably does not have enough in it to be truly helpful (and the warming is just to help it be soothing.) Vitamin stores used to sell L-Tryptophan as a sleep aid until some company in China shipped a bunch of it that had contaminants in it. Can't remember if it was lead or mercury. In any case they pretty much stopped selling it for a while. It might be available now. It works like a charm for most people. Melatonin does't work that well for me but perhaps that is due to not having the first two links in the chain. Hmmm...

I believe my herbal remedy books are in storage. I really would like Gram's potion as I trust things I make myself and I know all the ingredients!
4 x

honey

I know what you mean about trusting yer own ingredients.

Insomnia can be a horrible thing, but for simple now and
then, warm milk could do the trick. ha
we all know to avoid caffeine by noon, even a Hershey Kiss
or two can keep me up all night. for the most part I sleep
like a log, a solid 7 hours thank God.
When your head hits the pillow tonight, i hope you fall
right to sleep and have sweet dreams.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Too much Diphenhydramine makes me get restless legs. I use Chlortrimeton.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
I never understood the whole "lighter" thing, anyway. Yeah, the stones change color under certain light. But unless you plan on carrying the lighter around, and whipping it out every time you're in a dark area and holding it under your jewlery, no one's really going to know. You're just going to look silly. Or look like a 70's stoner. "Ohhh, cool man, dude, the COLORS... " Far out man.....
@Sam

🤣😂😅😆😅🤣😂😆😂🤣😅😂
4 x