Sterling Silver Earrings

Tina

Sterling Silver Earrings

Post by Tina » 4 years ago

I am always amazed at the quality of the merchandise I receive from Shop LC. These earrings are worth wayyyy more than what was paid for them.

Bali Legacy Hammered Earrings in Sterling Silver (5.62 g)
4 x

Topic Tags:

Margui

Re: Sterling Silver Earrings

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Bali Legacy has beautiful pieces, but my only Bali Legacy piece has a weird odor in the Silver, I should have returned but I never did. It's a piece that I bought a couple of years ago. Anyone with that problem?
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Now I need to go upstairs and pull out some old Bali pieces to smell. Lol
I never noticed an odor. I also have pieces still packaged that I hoarded away.
Off to sniff! :)
3 x

Margui

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Now I need to go upstairs and pull out some old Bali pieces to smell. Lol
I never noticed an odor. I also have pieces still packaged that I hoarded away.
Off to sniff! :)
And for you it's funny? 😡 I have many pieces of sterling silver jewelry and none of them has that particular odor.
0 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

The sterling silver from our Bali collection shouldn't have an odor to it. We're interested in hearing more!
0 x

Margui

Stephanie, my piece is an older piece, I think is about 2011. I cleaned it the sterling silver with cleaning cloth "Blitz" made especially for sterling silver, gold, platinum. I didn't returned it because of availability at the time. The labradorite is beautiful. Since then, I haven't order any Bali Legacy pieces, nor the Artisan line. I have an Owl pendant with Rhodolite eyes that can't even wear it because it feels hot (it was bought in January of this year) The pieces are supposed to be nickel-free. But a have Sterling silver sodalite earrings from a jewelry company from Perú and that silver doesn't have a smell nor a hot feeling.

Do you thing if clean the pieces frequently those problems will go away? By the way, an appraisal saw my labradorite piece an estimate a value of $120 and cost me $18.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Stephanie, my piece is an older piece, I think is about 2011. I cleaned it the sterling silver with cleaning cloth "Blitz" made especially for sterling silver, gold, platinum. I didn't returned it because of availability at the time. The labradorite is beautiful. Since then, I haven't order any Bali Legacy pieces, nor the Artisan line. I have an Owl pendant with Rhodolite eyes that can't even wear it because it feels hot (it was bought in January of this year) ? The pieces are supposed to be nickel-free. But a have Sterling silversodalite earrings from a jewelry company from Perú and that silver doesn't have a smell nor a hot feeling.

Do you thing if clean the pieces frequently those problems will go away?
It is possible, however I wouldn't be able to comment for any absolute certainty. I do know that initially many years ago our sterling silver was a mix nickel free sterling silver as well as sterling silver that did contain nickel. Back then, we did make sure to indicate whether or not a product was nickel-free, and since around 2018, maybe a little earlier, we moved to ensure that ALL of our sterling silver is nickel free.
1 x

Margui

What about the Artisan piece ( the owl) that I bought in January?
0 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Not to be bossy at all but, shouldn’t store silver in the box they come in. Especially if you have a ton! Look for some kind of tarnish preventing jewelry boxes. When you think of how much $ we spend it is well worth keeping pieces nice!!!
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

You're not being "bossy", SueB! You're being helpful! 🥰

You know what I use? I read online once all the uses for this little item we often throw away, and one of the uses was to place them where you store your jewelry.

Those tiny silica gel packets that come in shoe boxes, pill bottles, etc.

They're for keeping moisture out and so they're good for keeping our jewelry "dry" so that it doesn't tarnish.

Just toss a few packets wherever you keep your jewelry; jewelry boxes, bags, etc.

So save those packets! 😁
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x