Shady business

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Shady business

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

@Rolltide

I posted to you on my thread titled, "Calling Customer Service" - My returns were Anthill Garnet purchases from the premiere show so there is NO WAY it was clearance. This is not going to happen to me. This is on SLC. I hope Danielle will help us get this straight.

Did you ask if SLC charged you for return shipping?
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
FINAL UPDATE: A woman named Rhonda called me back. She says there is nothing she can do. She also told me SLC has sent back the two garnet rings I sent them stating they were also clearance. They were not. They were ordered from a several hour event for Orissa Rhodolite Garnet, and the rings had purple, blackened looking patches all over them, not like the ring on air. There was nothing on the screen saying clearance, nor on the website, nor on my order, nor on my invoice. I will now take it to BBB and FTC, and call my credit card co, nothing else left for me to do. And now I can say I no longer shop with SLC with absolute CERTAINTY. They are outright crooks.
Hello,

I apologize I have been tied up most of the day. I am a little behind on emails. I have asked Ronda to contact you back so we can get this straightened out :).
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

Don't forget the Texas Attorney General.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
@Moderator_Danielle Yeah she called and said she couldn't help me. So I got all my paperwork ready to go the step further. But then I called the billings/refunds department and spoke with a man named Ruben who took care of me, and while I was on the phone with him, someone beeped in. After Ruben squared things away for me, to my satisfaction, I listened to a message that your Ronda left for me on my phone offering me a lesser quality solution. At this point, I do not need assistance from you Danielle, for Ruben has taken care of me through his supervisor. He has requested a return label be emailed to me to send the items back. Now if you, or someone else, plans on interfering with this decision and things are not going to happen as I once again have been promised, please tell me now, because at this point I would need to submit to BBB and FTC. But if I go through this all over again and still don't get what I was assured, I will be submitting this to quite a few more folks than just BBB and FTC. I am tired of this and don't want anymore hassles with this company. I just want my money back and no further communications after that. Also I tried to call Ronda right back after I got off the phone with Ruben, and no one could put me in touch, were all in California, Guatemala, etc., NOT Texas. So I called again and they put me on hold, then said ronda was gone for the day but would call tomorrow, then I asked for you, Danielle, and they said you could not take the call. Please be sure no one calls me tomorrow, as I spoke with Ruben and found resolution, unless of course you plan on stopping them from taking care of me, in which case please tell me now so I can take paperwork to BBB and other places tomorrow after my doctors appointment. (For Ronda's message she left told me that they were willing to take back the garnets only, because they were NOT clearance, after telling me over and over that they were, and I guess would have let me pay shipping, cause when they sent the clearance back was certainly no return label). Again, please do not contact me, and please DO allow Ruben to take care of this as promised and as he said he would. I can't deal with the mess anymore, and if I can't get it done this time, am going to have to pass it to another to take care of, and I will, but is totally unnecessary, but that is up to you.
This is all informative. I am taking notes. I am very weary of making any more purchases from here. They have stooped to an ALL NEW LOW. Im sorry this is happening to you. No one deserves this after being a loyal customer.
4 x

Gemsnob

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks Gemsnob. It is even worse than it appears. I don't know if you remember, but we had several topic threads here where we discussed what we might buy from that Orissa rhodolite garnet show. In one thread we were all watching the actual event, and RS and others were discussing a ring they were considering, and I said one of the rings didn't have open color. In another thread Gem Lover spoke of a ring she ordered from that very show, then later in another thread said she was sending it back. The two rings I ordered were from that very event show we discussed. However, today Ronda did call me back. It seems she is saying they have "ok'd" it for me to send the rings back now EVEN THOUGH they are clearance? And I told her again that they were NOT clearance. She said she was not going to argue about it. So they (mods) are saying these items are indeed clearance. BUT when I spoke to billings/refunds yesterday, he put me on hold, spoke with his supervisor, and immediately came back on and said these items were NOT clearance. If you remember us discussing the show, then you know what I speak of. It was an event show advertised ahead of time for the rhodolite garnet, and show came on after the clearance. I am so disgusted at this point, I don't care what any of them claim, if I can just get my money back so I can be done with this place once and for all.
I remember that show because I was watching it live. Garnet is my birthstone. I thought about buying a ring with a really large center stone until Karen put it on. RS and I commented on how dark it was so I didnt end up buying it.
4 x

Gemsnob

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks Gemsnob. It is even worse than it appears. I don't know if you remember, but we had several topic threads here where we discussed what we might buy from that Orissa rhodolite garnet show. In one thread we were all watching the actual event, and RS and others were discussing a ring they were considering, and I said one of the rings didn't have open color. In another thread Gem Lover spoke of a ring she ordered from that very show, then later in another thread said she was sending it back. The two rings I ordered were from that very event show we discussed. However, today Ronda did call me back. It seems she is saying they have "ok'd" it for me to send the rings back now EVEN THOUGH they are clearance? And I told her again that they were NOT clearance. She said she was not going to argue about it. So they (mods) are saying these items are indeed clearance. BUT when I spoke to billings/refunds yesterday, he put me on hold, spoke with his supervisor, and immediately came back on and said these items were NOT clearance. If you remember us discussing the show, then you know what I speak of. It was an event show advertised ahead of time for the rhodolite garnet, and show came on after the clearance. I am so disgusted at this point, I don't care what any of them claim, if I can just get my money back so I can be done with this place once and for all.
Im completely disgusted with their lies and that they are trying to avoid refunds by doing this. How do they get away with it? Its going to continue to get worse.
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I think that you few girls that are posting this problem
on the forum are the tip of the iceberg. I .bet others
that don't use this forum are keeping Customer Service
pretty busy.
4 x

Gemsnob

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
And even worse, lol, today things were "mentioned" about how when the warehouse receives all this stuff, even tho they have placed bright yellow tags on everything, and marked the bag I sent the stuff back in with a vivid, bright, neon purple marker in large letters, that because of the return label on it they will process the returns. However, they are saying since they are not at the warehouse, they cannot guarantee that the warehouse will not take out a 25% restocking fee, and that if that happens, I can call back to billing/refunds and SEE if they can give the money back, so now all has changed once AGAIN from what I was told and promised only yesterday. Do not misquote anything here, for I have deliberately not named the ones who told me this today, but I have documented it in my notes.
I am glad you are keeping track of everything for your records. I have a feeling s**t is about to hit the fan and this will be all over the internet. Not just because of what you are going through either.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Updated Show Dates

The Warehouse Clearance sale ENDED on January 10th, 2020.
January 11th, Shungite
January 12th, Anthill Garnet
January 13th Champaign Diamonds
January 13th Moldavite
January 15th Orissa Rhodolite Garnet
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I just looked back at my January program guide, good thing I kept it. The vault clearance ended on 1-10-2020. Then on January 11th, shungite was on. January 12th was anthill garnet & January 13th was champagne diamonds. These shows were NOT clearance or vault clearance shows, check your January program guides everyone & the mods. This is ridiculous to say it was clearance, it’s bad business practices.
4 x