Catticus

Gemsnob

Re: Catticus

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
okay, I'll add a few more. These are all brothers and sisters that I rescued as newborns and bottle fed them. I didn't know I was going to keep them when I took them in as I had planned to find them forever homes but it didn't work out. But in the beginning, I had to take them to the vet and identify them by giving them names. It was hard for newborns (who I thought I wouldn't keep and they would eventually receive their forever names....so I know these names are kinda lame lol but it is what it is).

Black Kitty >>> BooBoo, BooBear, BooBooBear, BooBooCluster, BoosBoy, Booser, Bodacious Boo, BooBooKitty

Orange Tabby >>> Sam, Sam I Am, I Am Sam, Sammy, Sammyboy, SammyFromAlabamie, Crushers (as in orange crush the soda). (man, he was good good cat and he loved me - he really loved me :shock: ).

Black Girl Kitty - Princess Fiona (I had just watched the movie Shrek the night before these kittens came into my life) aka FeeFee (yes, that is how I spell it), Feefees, Fifer, Princess, Her Royal Highness, Bones (my husband called her that as she is naturally skinny with tall legs), Feefs, Sweetie Kitty, My ballerina girl (because she is dainty and can do all sorts of kitty dances).

I'll stop. Im embarrassing myself now. :roll: :)
Awe! I love this and I can relate! ❤
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I get the name thing. Our cat 's name is Hex which I don't like but it came with the cat. I call him Boss or Einstein or Junior (he's very attached to my roommate). One of the two little dogs I dogsit has the name of Friday. He got that name because someone dropped him of and said I'll be back for him on Friday. Well that was about 4 years ago so we are still trying to figure out WHICH Friday, I also call him Littlebit. People sometimes ask if I can't remember these guys names. I tell them it depends on the identity they chose to have that day. No one seems to get it.
You are so right! Each day is about "them" and their personalities. They have moods for each name! So true.

"Friday" reminds me of two rescues I did and I named them from the locations I got them which were on busy highways and certain death. One was named "59" for County Road 59 and the other was "65" for County Road 65. They were both placed together in a forever home. I thought that was precious for the new owner and funny! 59! 65! <<< calling them for dinner.
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Yes, handwritten!

And I ADORE cats with "oddities"! "PICK UP STICKS"!
🤣😂

My sis has a cat with extra digits. TWO BIG FAT THUMBS!

I said "PLEASE NAME HER THUMBELINA" or "Hitcher"! But she had already named her something else.

She's all black and SHE LETS YOU HOLD HER PAWS. I've had cats who would tolerate it, some who loved it, and many who made sure we all knew it was VERBOTEN.

I absolutely cannot resist any cat's paws with an extra digit. Nope. I MUST TOUCH THEM. It's even worth a few bites or scratches to me!
😂

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I love you, JewelryQueen! 💞🌺💞
@Catticus
Good morning, we used.to have a gray mama cat.that had 6 toes on three paws and 7 on one 😊
I took care of an orange tabby whom I named Garfield. He is also a "Hemingway cat" and has an extra toe in his front paws. They look like mittens. I love him a lot.❤️
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
okay, I'll add a few more. These are all brothers and sisters that I rescued as newborns and bottle fed them. I didn't know I was going to keep them when I took them in as I had planned to find them forever homes but it didn't work out. But in the beginning, I had to take them to the vet and identify them by giving them names. It was hard for newborns (who I thought I wouldn't keep and they would eventually receive their forever names....so I know these names are kinda lame lol but it is what it is).

Black Kitty >>> BooBoo, BooBear, BooBooBear, BooBooCluster, BoosBoy, Booser, Bodacious Boo, BooBooKitty

Orange Tabby >>> Sam, Sam I Am, I Am Sam, Sammy, Sammyboy, SammyFromAlabamie, Crushers (as in orange crush the soda). (man, he was good good cat and he loved me - he really loved me :shock: ).

Black Girl Kitty - Princess Fiona (I had just watched the movie Shrek the night before these kittens came into my life) aka FeeFee (yes, that is how I spell it), Feefees, Fifer, Princess, Her Royal Highness, Bones (my husband called her that as she is naturally skinny with tall legs), Feefs, Sweetie Kitty, My ballerina girl (because she is dainty and can do all sorts of kitty dances).

Had a female cat who decided to live here...yep, she was pregnant. Wasn't planning on keeping babies. I named mom Mimsey Monet. She had 5 boys: Theodore Teswell, Charlie Chaswick, Micky McGee, Gomer Gianni & Homer Ray. Course ended up spaying her, neutering boys & kept them all. Only have Homer Ray now, aka: Oonby, Omberay or Omer (don't know what happened to the 'h')! He will be 13 on Mar 1st.
6 x

Margui

Re: Catticu

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Had a female cat who decided to live here...yep, she was pregnant. Wasn't planning on keeping babies. I named mom Mimsey Monet. She had 5 boys: Theodore Teswell, Charlie Chaswick, Micky McGee, Gomer Gianni & Homer Ray. Course ended up spaying her, neutering boys & kept them all. Only have Homer Ray now, aka: Oonby, Omberay or Omer (don't know what happened to the 'h')! He will be 13 on Mar 1st.
What a wonderful story. I wish I could kept of the kittens that another neighborhood kitty that also I take care. I named her Klunk after the kitty cat of a comic book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I named her kittens after the Turtles: Leo, Raph, Angel, Donnie and Mikey. Unfortunately, Angel was born lifeless. I kept the kittens until they were 8 months. IT was so hard giving them away. I gave them in pairs. Donnie and Mikey went to a home in Atlanta and Leo and Raph to a woman here in Florida. Raph died when he was 3 years old. The woman found him lifeless on her garden. Raph never liked to go outside. He and his siblings were indoors kitties. I was so upset. I visited Leo, but I haven't seen him long time ago. I wonder how Mikey (the girl of the group) and her brother Donnie are. I hope they are Ok. The kittens just turned 8 old last Satuday. I will always going to miss them, but also treasure my days with them. Klunk will not have more kittens she was spayed, so were her kittens.
7 x

Margui

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

What a wonderful story. I wish I could kept of the kittens that another neighborhood kitty that also I take care. I named her Klunk after the kitty cat of a comic book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I named her kittens after the Turtles and a friend: Leo, Raph, Angel, Donnie and Mikey. Unfortunately, Angel was born lifeless. I kept the kittens until they were 8 months. IT was so hard giving them away. I gave them in pairs. Donnie and Mikey went to a home in Atlanta and Leo and Raph to a woman here in Florida. Raph died when he was 3 years old. The woman found him lifeless on her garden. Raph never liked to go outside. He and his siblings were indoors kitties. I was so upset. I visited Leo, but I haven't seen him long time ago. I wonder how Mikey (the girl of the group) and her brother Donnie are. I hope they are Ok. The kittens just turned 8 old last Satuday. I will always going to miss them, but also treasure my days with them. Klunk will not have more kittens she was spayed, so were her kittens.
2 x

Margui

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

What a wonderful story. I wish I could kept of the kittens that another neighborhood kitty that also I take care. I named her Klunk after the kitty cat of a comic book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I named her kittens after the Turtles and another of their friends: Leo, Raph, Angel, Donnie and Mikey. Unfortunately, Angel was born lifeless. I kept the kittens until they were 8 months. IT was so hard giving them away. I gave them in pairs. Donnie and Mikey went to a home in Atlanta and Leo and Raph to a woman here in Florida. Raph died when he was 3 years old. The woman found him lifeless on her garden. Raph never liked to go outside. He and his siblings were indoors kitties. I was so upset. I visited Leo, but I haven't seen him long time ago. I wonder how Mikey (the girl of the group) and her brother Donnie are. I hope they are Ok. The kittens just turned 8 old last Satuday. I will always going to miss them, but also treasure my days with them. Klunk will not have more kittens she was spayed, so were her kittens.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

What a wonderful story. I wish I could kept of the kittens that another neighborhood kitty that also I take care. I named her Klunk after the kitty cat of a comic book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I named her kittens after the Turtles: Leo, Raph, Angel, Donnie and Mikey. Unfortunately, Angel was born lifeless. I kept the kittens until they were 8 months. IT was so hard giving them away. I gave them in pairs. Donnie and Mikey went to a home in Atlanta and Leo and Raph to a woman here in Florida. Raph died when he was 3 years old. The woman found him lifeless on her garden. Raph never liked to go outside. He and his siblings were indoors kitties. I was so upset. I visited Leo, but I haven't seen him long time ago. I wonder how Mikey (the girl of the group) and her brother Donnie are. I hope they are Ok. The kittens just turned 8 old last Satuday. I will always going to miss them, but also treasure my days with them. Klunk will not have more kittens she was spayed, so were her kittens.
😢I gave a litter of kittens away to same home once. It broke my heart. I never wanted updates because I was afraid they would be 💔 Sorry about Rafe.
4 x

Margui

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

What a wonderful story.

I wish I could kept all the kittens that another neighborhood kitty that also I take care had. I named the mom, Klunk after the kitty cat of a comic book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I named her kittens after the Turtles: Leo, Raph, Angel, Donnie and Mikey. Unfortunately, Angel was born lifeless. I kept the kittens until they were 8 months. IT was so hard giving them away. I gave them in pairs. Donnie and Mikey went to a home in Atlanta and Leo and Raph to a woman here in Florida. Raph died when he was 3 years old. The woman found him lifeless on her garden. Raph never liked to go outside. He and his siblings were indoors kitties. I was so upset. I visited Leo, but I haven't seen him long time ago. I wonder how Mikey (the girl of the group) and her brother Donnie are. I hope they are Ok. The kittens just turned 8 old last Satuday. I will always going to miss them, but also treasure my days with them. Klunk will not have more kittens she was spayed, so were her kittens.
😢I gave a litter of kittens away to same home once. It broke my heart. I never wanted updates because I was afraid they would be 💔 Sorry about Rafe.
2 x

Margui

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

What a wonderful story.

I wish I could kept all the kittens that another neighborhood kitty that also I take care had. I named the mom, Klunk after the kitty cat of a comic book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I named her kittens after the Turtles: Leo, Raph, Angel, Donnie and Mikey. Unfortunately, Angel was born lifeless. I kept the kittens until they were 8 months. IT was so hard giving them away. I gave them in pairs. Donnie and Mikey went to a home in Atlanta and Leo and Raph to a woman here in Florida. Raph died when he was 3 years old. The woman found him lifeless on her garden. Raph never liked to go outside. He and his siblings were indoors kitties. I was so upset. I visited Leo, but I haven't seen him long time ago. I wonder how Mikey (the girl of the group) and her brother Donnie are. I hope they are Ok. The kittens just turned 8 old last Satuday. I will always going to miss them, but also treasure my days with them. Klunk will not have more kittens she was spayed, so were her kittens.
Thank you, Blossom. I was so hard for me because I loved the kittens since the day the were born. Klunk gave birth on my patio. Then she and little tykes were inside all the time. Even she let my Shih tzu, Fluffy interact with the kittens without problems. Fluffy. Raphie's death was so hard for me. And now I'm still grieving Fluffy's passing to Rainbow Bridge, a year and a half ago. Losing pets is devastating. They are part of the family.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x