Polki diamonds

Kittycat

Polki diamonds

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

Has anyone bought any? What's your opinion? Do you like them? This is also something they have been showing a lot of lately. I haven't decided if I should try them.
2 x

Gemsnob

Re: Polki diamonds

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
Has anyone bought any? What's your opinion? Do you like them? This is also something they have been showing a lot of lately. I haven't decided if I should try them.
If I were you, I would read reviews of Polki items first and see what people have to say. For me, Im not interested. They are rough diamonds that are low quality that they slice instead of facet. They are trying to find a way to profit off of diamonds that may have otherwise been used in industry instead of jewelry. Polki diamonds have been around for a long time but I dont think royalty would settle for diamonds with inclusions. Thats what they sell us.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
@Kittycat

Good morning, I have a pair of the polki diamond earrings. And couple of the polki diamond rings.
The diamonds themself have eye visible inclusions but are still very pretty and unique. I get alot of nice questions and compliments when I wear them.
They are not the high end luxury pieces that are very expensive and probably inclusion free. But I like them
Hope this helps - Gypsy
4 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I just bought a 4.5 carat polki diamond bangle from here. I really like it. While on the wrist you really don't see the inclusions alot. But that is what polki diamonds are, slices of diamond not faceted perfection diamonds. And the diamond slices in this bangle are really big. If you look real close at the diamonds or look at them under a loupe ,you do, however, see the inclusions in the slices of diamonds. So I guess it just goes to what you like. I do like the look even with inclusions.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I returned mine. They looked like dirty glass to me. I guess its the luck of the draw. Some slices are less included and are wearable.
They look so nice and unique on air. Mine looked nothing like the on air samples. I see others posts they received nice slices, so as long as you can return them 👍
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree with Vicky, I returned mine, they were brown and ugly, luck of the draw I guess. I read online that the good quality ones are pretty clear and not brown or yellow looking.
4 x