Marva and her lighter

JewelryQueen

Re: Marva and her lighter

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Gypsy

Yeah I know, and I didn't even mention the chocolate! Thought I would really get hurt then!
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy

Yeah I know, and I didn't even mention the chocolate! Thought I would really get hurt then!
Smart woman ❗❗🤣😂🤣
2 x

JewelryQueen

@Vicky

I am so sorry you had to go through all that. I too believe God has a purpose for me that I have yet to fulfill.

It also didn't hurt I went through pre-med. Admittedly that was almost 50 years ago but I don't know how the average person negotiates through the medical system sometimes when they don't even know what questions they should be asking.

A sense of humor also doesn't hurt. When I was having one of my worst radiation treatments, on Halloween Day no less, I wore a Porky Pig costume and had an apple in the mouth of my mask. The Doctor was not amused. When my long hair fell out and I had lost a bunch of weight I slapped on my new short wig, dug out a set of my scrubs, made a phony ID on a lanyard and boy did they have a hard time finding me at the hospital for my appointment even though I was standing right at the nurses desk. No one was amused (except me) by that one either.

And then there is just being stubborn and refusing to die. I think the will to live can be very strong medicine.
4 x

JewelryQueen

@Rolltide

You are correct that too much iron can have some very bad effects. However a HIGH percentage of people with Restless Leg Syndrome suffer from Anemia which is believed to either cause or contribute to the disease. So if you take Iron and it helps you probably need it and if it doesn't help then you quit taking it. A blood test certainly wouldn't hurt.
2 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 4 years ago

So much for livetv entertainment. A diversion at best personally in my world. I should stop this madness and just do my chores...boring!!!
T
1 x

JewelryQueen

Boy oh Boy oh Boy did we get off topic on this thread. They might just corral us all up and throw us in the hoosegow and swallow the key!
1 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen,
We could exchange hysterical stories of what we did in the hospital. I soent one full year as a inpatient. One time I refused to wear a hospital gown while in a private room the Sicu.
I put on my sexy RED 2 piece lace “ nightgown” the staff had a FIT. After they couldnt come up with a good reason why their ratty gown was better, they threw up their hands and conceded.
Thank god for plenty of those nightwear, because my DR didnt know that sending me to Mayo clinic( he said if he opens me up again, I will die, maybe Mayo can solve my mystery) , didnt mean you always stay in the hospital. Sometimes you stay in a nearby hotel and go daily to be treated at mayo clinic.
So I didnt know I will need clothes while there. I was flown there, clothes sent home, left with a weeks worth of nighties, and now im told I dont stay at the hospital, I stay at the hotel. Picture me going daily to the clinic in my nighties.👻
For all of you that had a good laugh or are upset I went off subject,because this is for Gems- check shoplc. I can shop and text same time. Boy did Michelle and Anika have great sales. I just ordered that SNAKE to wear on my ankle 😆
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Jewelry Queen,
We could exchange hysterical stories of what we did in the hospital. I soent one full year as a inpatient. One time I refused to wear a hospital gown while in a private room the Sicu.
I put on my sexy RED 2 piece lace “ nightgown” the staff had a FIT. After they couldnt come up with a good reason why their ratty gown was better, they threw up their hands and conceded.
Thank god for plenty of those nightwear, because my DR didnt know that sending me to Mayo clinic( he said if he opens me up again, I will die, maybe Mayo can solve my mystery) , didnt mean you always stay in the hospital. Sometimes you stay in a nearby hotel and go daily to be treated at mayo clinic.
So I didnt know I will need clothes while there. I was flown there, clothes sent home, left with a weeks worth of nighties, and now im told I dont stay at the hospital, I stay at the hotel. Picture me going daily to the clinic in my nighties.👻
For all of you that had a good laugh or are upset I went off subject,because this is for Gems- check shoplc. I can shop and text same time. Boy did Michelle and Anika have great sales. I just ordered that SNAKE to wear on my ankle 😆
@Vicky

I wouldn't want to be on staff at hospital if both you and Jewelry Queen were there but I would want to be standing by 😳😳😳 what a riot that would have been
to witness 😉😂😂
2 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Btw- iron doesnt always help with RLS. A few years ago I received hours of IV Iron infusions for my low iron, which they blamed on my severe anemia. Well it didnt help either the anemia or RLS. They want to do it again. Heck no. I have been there, done that. Didnt help the RLS anyway.
Anyway trying to decide on the on air earrings for under $10. Great price for it being in 925. Usually in TONE at that price.
I already bought 2 pair of earrings, not under $10
The 1 ct yellow diamond drop earrings, and a matching .50 yellow diamond pendant/ chain. With 30% off both were like a total of $170. I liked the blue diamond better, but the blue diamond pendant was sold out. Then I got a 1.50 ct AA grandidierite studs with surrounding white zircon. Also 30% off coupon came to $56.
HAPPY GEM SHOPPING TO ALL - HAPPY ❤️DAY
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

Blossom! I've missed my Awesome Blossom!
🌺🥰🌺

It's an OTC antihistamine brand. I use the Equate brand from the big river or the big W, called "ChlorTabs" because they're cheaper, but the same thing.

The ingredient is: "Chlorpheniramine Maleate"; 4mg, "4 hour relief." You can get tablets that are higher in mg. I believe they're 12 hour relief.

I don't know what your medical history is or any medications you may be taking, so you should look it up.

Our family has used Chlor-Trimeton since I can remember for allergies (itchy, runny noses) but since it usually causes drowsiness, I started using it when I couldn't sleep, instead of using Diphenhydramine AKA Benadryl.

I still use Diphenhydramine from Equate for sleep, if I'm out of Chlor-Trimeton or ChlorTabs.

Eons ago, my sis and I used Excedrin PM for sleep, then realized we didn't need the other ingredients, just the Diphenhydramine.

So we switched to Benadryl. But the more we used it, the higher in dose we had to go, so we stopped using it as much. Plus the restless leg syndrome is awful and happened when I took too much.

The same happens with pretty much everything if taken daily or nightly (having to up the dose) so I don't use the ChlorTabs every night.
HELLO CAT! I remember seeing ChlorTabs now! I guess I assumed (one should never assume!) that all allergy relievers had same active ingredient Diphenhydramine which makes me feel so rotten the following day.

Wow. RLS would be a horrible adverse effect. You wouldn't think something like Diphenhydramine would cause that. We never know what we're swallowing or how it will affect us because everyone is different.

Thanks for the info! Gonna get me some Chlortrimeton next time I leave these hills & venture back to civilization!

Hope you, your mom, dad & KittyGlitter are all doing better💞
2 x