double name

ula

double name

Post by ula » 4 years ago

I just came across the same name as mine on RA. I wonder how that happens, when we sign up it should say name already taken. I waited till the auction was over to make sure they will not charge me, but it looks like it is another person under the same name. I would like to change my account because I don't like this double identity but dont know how to go about it.
Please Danielle HELP!!!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Re: double name

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Danielle
@Moderator_Connor

Can one of you help ula out here?
1 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Ula, I had the same thing happen. There could be three of you and I don't think it matters. What I did was add my middle initial at the end of my name. Let's use Ula for example. You could use say Ulaa, or you could use Ulla,. Just add another letter in your bidding name which really doesn't change your name much but does distinguish you from the other bidder. All of a sudden there were things being bid on that I did not bid on so I solved that problem real fast. Just a suggestion.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
Ula, I had the same thing happen. There could be three of you and I don't think it matters. What I did was add my middle initial at the end of my name. Let's use Ula for example. You could use say Ulaa, or you could use Ulla,. Just add another letter in your bidding name which really doesn't change your name much but does distinguish you from the other bidder. All of a sudden there were things being bid on that I did not bid on so I solved that problem real fast. Just a suggestion.
Happened to me when I was doing RA too. I just added my middle name .
3 x

ula

Thank you ladies for the advise. But how to change my name here in community? Would not want someone posting under my name.
2 x

Gypsy

ula wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you ladies for the advise. But how to change my name here in community? Would not want someone posting under my name.
Good morning @ula
Here you should be okay. I do not think the forum will let two different people use same forum name. When you tag someone you can see all the forum names in use. - Gypsy
2 x

ula

oh ok.. don't know how to tag...lol but nice to know no one can post under my same name. Not worried about RA since I dont use it, guess I don't have to mention why( overbidders).
Thank you Gypsy, now I don't have to worry anymore.Did not want some troll posting under my name and create havoc.
2 x

Gypsy

ula wrote:
4 years ago
oh ok.. don't know how to tag...lol but nice to know no one can post under my same name. Not worried about RA since I dont use it, guess I don't have to mention why( overbidders).
Thank you Gypsy, now I don't have to worry anymore.Did not want some troll posting under my name and create havoc.
@ula

No worries, it's easy 🤗 just put the @ then type the person's name if you then hover with your mouse or in my case since I'm using my phone I simply type in persons name then tap on it.the persons name will show up in a blue box If its tagged it will be in red when you submit post. Just play around with it . -Gypsy
3 x

ula

thanks Gypsy. But I have not played around here much, but I will try.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
I just came across the same name as mine on RA. I wonder how that happens, when we sign up it should say name already taken. I waited till the auction was over to make sure they will not charge me, but it looks like it is another person under the same name. I would like to change my account because I don't like this double identity but dont know how to go about it.
Please Danielle HELP!!!
I have someone that has the same name as me. She/could be a he is only in there occasionally.

Hey, Ula maybe we have the same name :lol: :lol: :lol: that is as long as your real name isn't Ula. LOL
1 x