One Bidder Buying Them All

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: One Bidder Buying Them All

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
It’s Merilee! And she does it on every major stone category!!! PLEASE STOP HER!!!!
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. I have gone ahead and asked for the account in question to be reviewed by our online auction team, and I hope hear back from them soon. I have also sent them some examples of listings that they are bidding on. If anybody is noticing any overbidding, please send a report to preston.weaver@shoplc.com with the name and listing(s). Yet again, thank you so much for making me aware of this, and for being a part of the Shop LC.
honey wrote:
4 years ago
This has been going on for a long time and it remains
a big problem. the usual double talk from a mod and
nothing changes.
Good morning as well,

I deeply apologize you feel like I am just providing lip service in this situation. Please be aware, this is not the case and I have forwarded the relevant information regarding the potential overbidder to our online auction team. The moderation team takes everyone's feedback and reports very seriously and we make sure that it is received by the relevant teams. If you happen to see any potential overbidders, please send it to preston.weaver@shoplc.com. Yet again, I apologize, and thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
9 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Happy Valentines Day!! and Thank You Preston.
Why are just a few bidders making it so frustrating
for the shoppers looking for some bargains? This did
not just begin yesterday and many requests have
been sent to SLC for some regulation.
Have a great afternoon. :)
6 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Happy Valentines Day!! and Thank You Preston.
Why are just a few bidders making it so frustrating
for the shoppers looking for some bargains? This did
not just begin yesterday and many requests have
been sent to SLC for some regulation.
Have a great afternoon. :)
Happy Valentine's day as well!,

There is a variety of reasons as to why someone would overbid. Some people just get too competitive and forget if they even want the item for as much as they are bidding for it, and some just get a kick out of ruining the bidding experience. I also apologize if many reports have not resulted in action being taken sooner. We do make sure it gets reported through multiple channels, and I can personally attest that accounts have been blocked for overbidding multiple times. I will continue to report anything that everyone brings up, and please if you notice anything, please forward me the information at preston.weaver@shoplc.com. Thank you so much again for your message, I hope you have a delightful afternoon and day in general!
8 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

Yes
I don’t understand that bidder merri...
Sometimes bids are 2 ,3 400.00 for an item that is 60 bucks on the regular website and eligible for coupon discount

I wonder if she actually ever pays for those items
That are 300.00 over web price
It is ridiculous
8 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

TC wrote:
4 years ago
Yes
I don’t understand that bidder merri...
Sometimes bids are 2 ,3 400.00 for an item that is 60 bucks on the regular website and eligible for coupon discount

I wonder if she actually ever pays for those items
That are 300.00 over web price
It is ridiculous
I doubt she actually buys the very high priced items but since she is literally bidding on 98% of the quality auction items she actually DOES win many items at excellent prices...I’ve seen it happen, since I’ve been following her for years! Customer Service told me since she’s actually buying things they can’t do anything to her shut her down! There is a limit to how many unpaid items you’re allowed in your auction cart before you get temporarily cut off. I think this happens to her periodically because I’ve actually been able to win a few things at decent prices every now and then. Since ShopLC encourages resellers and doesn’t require bidders to actually buy the items they win, I feel they are enabling these greedy people like Merilee! She is having the last laugh and also probably making tons of money reselling the items she actually buys. She doesn’t give a rat’s derrière how many other people she is inconveniencing along the way! She’s a textbook toxic narcissist...I’m a Therapist and yes...that is my formal diagnosis! She’s not alone...the world is full of her kind...unfortunately! And the bad news is there’s no indication that she’ll be going away anytime soon...this has been going on for years....
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

We don't even know if she is a she. It could be a he. I've seen a few high bidder men buyers too.
6 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
We don't even know if she is a she. It could be a he. I've seen a few high bidder men buyers too.
Good point! I guess that’s irrelevant though since the end result is the same...the rest of us lose! Whether it’s Merilee or Gray or Richard...the bottom line is always the same...😢 I think Merilee also has an account under the name “Mary” and around Christmas there was another name that she went by. I could tell by the bidding patterns. Gray and Richard have different bidding patterns! And there’s a few other as well. Ughhhhhh!
6 x

Gene

Post by Gene » 4 years ago

My first post. It would be really helpful if the current LC price was included in the item description
I sometimes see an individual bidding way over the actual price of the item.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I agree: but why would SLC discourage people like Juan who bid $45 on an item that goes for $9.99? They make more money that way!

By the way, welcome to the forum
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I agree: but why would SLC discourage people like Juan who bid $45 on an item that goes for $9.99? They make more money that way!

By the way, welcome to the forum
Juan's a very busy bidder.
4 x