Mom & Anything Else You Want To Talk About

honey

Re: Mom & Anything Else You Want To Talk About

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gemsnob, thank you for posting the grief website.

And everything that Vicky just said about not giving
in to the overwhelming feelings despair.

Can't help but have some roles in our lives that need the
utmost attention, WARRIOR'S!!! Good Title!

Love and prayers,
my joy in the Lord is my strength
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Eliquis is a great blood thinner. More effective then the older drugs, but might be contributing to that bruise. Its possible she hit the leg against the edge of the bed during sleep. In a person not on blood thinners, it would probably cause slight bruising. On Eliquis or any blood thinner, the bleeding under the skin doesn't clot quick enough, so the bruise is bigger. Of course that's just a possibility. If it developed without any trauma, and she develops more bruising, they might lower her to 2.5 mg twice a day. There is no INR testing needed while on Eliquis, but she also gets Heparin. If its just a Heparin flush, the amounts are small. I am hoping that bruise was from her hitting her leg. Just watch it. If she lets you, mark off the edges of the bruise with a pen so you can see if its extending. Also measure around the bruise with a tape measure, so you can remeasure in a day to see if the numbers increased. All that will alert you if there is further bleeding under the skin. Lets hope that bruise is there because she hit her leg.🙏🏻
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Eliquis is a great blood thinner. More effective then the older drugs, but might be contributing to that bruise. Its possible she hit the leg against the edge of the bed during sleep. In a person not on blood thinners, it would probably cause slight bruising. On Eliquis or any blood thinner, the bleeding under the skin doesn't clot quick enough, so the bruise is bigger. Of course that's just a possibility. If it developed without any trauma, and she develops more bruising, they might lower her to 2.5 mg twice a day. There is no INR testing needed while on Eliquis, but she also gets Heparin. If its just a Heparin flush, the amounts are small. I am hoping that bruise was from her hitting her leg. Just watch it. If she lets you, mark off the edges of the bruise with a pen so you can see if its extending. Also measure around the bruise with a tape measure, so you can remeasure in a day to see if the numbers increased. All that will alert you if there is further bleeding under the skin. Lets hope that bruise is there because she hit her leg.🙏🏻Also that leg should not be colder then her other leg. That must be seen. It might be she is getting no circulation to that area. I wish she would agree to go to the ER. Maybe if she thinks she will be just checked in the ER and go home, she might agree.
Last edited by Vicky 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Just wanted to check in with my tribe. Im catching up with all of the posts from the last few days. So sorry to hear RS and hubby are battling some kind of bug. So much going around. Just know you are ALL on my mind. Catticus, did your mom ever have her procedure? I may have missed that update and Im sorry if I did. You and your parents are in my prayers. Ginger- please take care of yourself. I know you are hurting. There is no timetable for grief. Just know we are here for you and praying everyday. OSOTT- I saw your mom had a couple of good days and then a not so good day. Im sorry to hear this. I know what that is like. Please keep us posted. Blossom- you remind me of myself! When I read about your reaction to people being on the property without a realtor, I would have reacted the same way. Just be careful!
Still praying for everyone on the list. ❤
@Gemsnob

You are a special lady! I know you also have a plateful with your own life & yet you're so caring about others. It says alot about the person YOU are!

Blessings & prayers for you & your family💞
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Just wanted to check in with my tribe. Im catching up with all of the posts from the last few days. So sorry to hear RS and hubby are battling some kind of bug. So much going around. Just know you are ALL on my mind. Catticus, did your mom ever have her procedure? I may have missed that update and Im sorry if I did. You and your parents are in my prayers. Ginger- please take care of yourself. I know you are hurting. There is no timetable for grief. Just know we are here for you and praying everyday. OSOTT- I saw your mom had a couple of good days and then a not so good day. Im sorry to hear this. I know what that is like. Please keep us posted. Blossom- you remind me of myself! When I read about your reaction to people being on the property without a realtor, I would have reacted the same way. Just be careful!
Still praying for everyone on the list. ❤
@Gemsnob

You are a special lady! I know you also have a plateful with your own life & yet you're so caring about others. It says alot about the person YOU are!

Blessings & prayers for you & your family💞
You are very kind but I really feel that every woman here is special. Everyone takes the time to care about others and put others needs first. Thats why we all relate to each other so well. We are all going through something similar. ❤
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Eliquis is a great blood thinner. More effective then the older drugs, but might be contributing to that bruise. Its possible she hit the leg against the edge of the bed during sleep. In a person not on blood thinners, it would probably cause slight bruising. On Eliquis or any blood thinner, the bleeding under the skin doesn't clot quick enough, so the bruise is bigger. Of course that's just a possibility. If it developed without any trauma, and she develops more bruising, they might lower her to 2.5 mg twice a day. There is no INR testing needed while on Eliquis, but she also gets Heparin. If its just a Heparin flush, the amounts are small. I am hoping that bruise was from her hitting her leg. Just watch it. If she lets you, mark off the edges of the bruise with a pen so you can see if its extending. Also measure around the bruise with a tape measure, so you can remeasure in a day to see if the numbers increased. All that will alert you if there is further bleeding under the skin. Lets hope that bruise is there because she hit her leg.🙏🏻
Thank you,Vicky. Your information is vital and I'm very upset that her nurse did not do this nor told me to do this. I'm doing it now! THANK YOU!
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Forgive me. I'm an emotional wreck today. Gemsnob, you are very special woman to me. I haven't asked how your visit went with your family, and I pray it went well. I thought of you yesterday and today. I'm sorry I've not commented on it.
4 x

Gemsnob

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Forgive me. I'm an emotional wreck today. Gemsnob, you are very special woman to me. I haven't asked how your visit went with your family, and I pray it went well. I thought of you yesterday and today. I'm sorry I've not commented on it.
It was a very nice visit. Spent several hours with my brothers family and my mom as well as my girls and my hubby. Its hard to see my mom anymore. Her situation is such a long story. One day I will try to explain. Shes a VERY independant person. She does not like anyone questioning or suggesting. It makes her think WE THINK she isnt in her right mind. Sometimes I wonder if that happens a lot with adult children caring for aging parents. Its role reversal and maybe there is resentment? Just a thought. I know it causes a lot of emotional strife. Try to pick your battles and let go of the things you cannot change. Thats what I do. The Serenity Prayer helps me daily. ❤
4 x

Gemsnob

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you for asking. You take care of yourself. You are special to me too. ❤
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’m thinking about everyone, too many to list individually but know I am sending prayers for you all. We never know how much time we have with loved ones, so it’s important to make each day special. I’m afraid in my case, my Mom, liked drama between everyone & never considered me and my sister her children. I’m the oldest & I got most of her hatefulness. To others, she showed a different side of herself, almost like Jekyl and Hyde. However you spell it! I honestly tried but sometimes you just have to let things go & move on with life, so you’re not put in the situation anymore. It has helped me tremendously to talk about this & read everyone’s own stories. We were brought together for a reason, & I think it’s because we needed each other. I am usually hating my birthday but I’m honestly looking forward to celebrating it with you Thursday. We are great friends and I admire each of you. You have remarkable stories to share & I can tell you are all strong women. Each of your stories have empowered anyone reading them & I know it’s helping me in my life. I hope each of you are taking time for yourself & I’m praying each member of your family is on the road to recovery very soon. This is the BEST bunch of friends I have the privilege of knowing. Thank you for helping me in each of your own ways. I’m always here for everyone, I send healing thoughts and angels wings to look over each of you tonight. God Bless You and your loved ones!! ♥️♥️♥️ Ginger
6 x