Shoplc: no longer original

Gemsnob

Shoplc: no longer original

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

There was a time when Shoplc was a one of a kind shopping network. Your prices couldn't be beat. I rarely watched another network let alone shopped at one. Fast forward to today. You are not trying to be original, you are copying other networks and not doing it well. You want to bring home and lifestyle products but look what happened at Christmas. For one thing, coats are not sized properly. You also didn't even have them in stock. Many home items arrived damaged because they are shipped in a plastic envelope. I read reviews for lifestyle items that work once and then stop. You are buying low quality from China and marking it up. We know we can get it for less elsewhere.
You created a CZ line with a name very similar to the J. After years of putting down other networks for selling CZ jewelry with a fancy name, you are now doing the exact same thing. Why? Why take something good, something original and turn it into a joke? No other network would allow the behavior and antics that Shoplc does. It's an insult to your customers. We aren't all deaf or senile. We don't need to be yelled at. It's insulting. If you think it's fun to treat people that way, it says a lot about you. How sad that you had a good thing going as a leader in the industry but instead you decided to be a follower and are not competition anymore.
17 x

2Blonde

Re: Shoplc: no longer original

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

@Gemsnob Actually, I think SLC could learn a lot from the other channels. Since I've gotten tired of the one-hour presentations, constant pushing of high-end products and shungite, I've been watching the other channels again. I've found this quite refreshing and I've been wondering why I put up with the SLC shenanigans for so long. I guess I was hoping they'd go back to the way they were when I first started watching. These days I simply DVR any hours I think may be interesting. I FF through them, then delete if I don't see anything. Adi even had Becky yelling along with him when I looked at it briefly last evening. I refuse to be assaulted by him or any other shopping channel. I just made two purchases this morning from two other shopping channels.
10 x

Gemsnob

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemsnob Actually, I think SLC could learn a lot from the other channels. Since I've gotten tired of the one-hour presentations, constant pushing of high-end products and shungite, I've been watching the other channels again. I've found this quite refreshing and I've been wondering why I put up with the SLC shenanigans for so long. I guess I was hoping they'd go back to the way they were when I first started watching. These days I simply DVR any hours I think may be interesting. I FF through them, then delete if I don't see anything. Adi even had Becky yelling along with him when I looked at it briefly last evening. I refuse to be assaulted by him or any other shopping channel. I just made two purchases this morning from two other shopping channels.
I think they think they are competing but they aren't. They act nothing like them. Their products are awful, CS is awful aside from Mods, presentations are long and boring and pushy with some hosts that are well, you know. So if Shoplc thinks they are serious competition, I guess it's a sinking ship.
8 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

In two days, 2 rings from Tennessee, two bracelets from Florida. If not liked can return, NO hassel.
7 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

@Gemsnob No need to be upset about "buying low quality from China and marking it up". Almost 30 years ago, during president Clinton era, it was USA who moved its manufacturing to China and other poor counties reasoning that Americans will be only employed in high tech jobs and services. And the West followed.

Other networks and stores are selling the same or similar items, made overseas, for much more than SLC. Only recently they are trying to catch up and lower their prices. But still they are much expensive than SLC. And yes! Items, the other networks sell, are made mostly in China or India. They disclose this information.
2 x

Gemsnob

Derby wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemsnob No need to be upset about "buying low quality from China and marking it up". Almost 30 years ago, during president Clinton era, it was USA who moved its manufacturing to China and other poor counties reasoning that Americans will be only employed in high tech jobs and services. And the West followed.

Other networks and stores are selling the same or similar items, made overseas, for much more than SLC. Only recently they are trying to catch up and lower their prices. But still they are much expensive than SLC. And yes! Items, the other networks sell, are made mostly in China or India. They disclose this information.
Derby, no need to do damage control for Shoplc. We all understand what is going on. It used to be a different network is all. One of a kind. By the way, there are not the same issues with QC, CS, returns, items are in stock, need I go on, with the other networks.
8 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

@Gemsnob I really don't know what you are upset about. I do damage control for SLC :?: . Don't be ridicules. I buy what I want and I am mostly happy with my purchases.

PS. There are a lot of angry people around here.
3 x

Gemsnob

Derby wrote:
4 years ago

Hint- you should do an internet search before buying items here. Many, in fact most, can be found elsewhere for less whether they are made in China or not. Even Shoplc sells on other sites.
5 x

Gemsnob

Derby wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemsnob I really don't know what you are upset about. I do damage control for SLC :?: . Don't be ridicules. I buy what I want and I am mostly happy with my purchases.

PS. There are a lot of angry people around here.
I responded to you like you did to me. It doesn't mean I'm angry.
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
There was a time when Shoplc was a one of a kind shopping network. Your prices couldn't be beat. I rarely watched another network let alone shopped at one. Fast forward to today. You are not trying to be original, you are copying other networks and not doing it well. You want to bring home and lifestyle products but look what happened at Christmas. For one thing, coats are not sized properly. You also didn't even have them in stock. Many home items arrived damaged because they are shipped in a plastic envelope. I read reviews for lifestyle items that work once and then stop. You are buying low quality from China and marking it up. We know we can get it for less elsewhere.
You created a CZ line with a name very similar to the J. After years of putting down other networks for selling CZ jewelry with a fancy name, you are now doing the exact same thing. Why? Why take something good, something original and turn it into a joke? No other network would allow the behavior and antics that Shoplc does. It's an insult to your customers. We aren't all deaf or senile. We don't need to be yelled at. It's insulting. If you think it's fun to treat people that way, it says a lot about you. How sad that you had a good thing going as a leader in the industry but instead you decided to be a follower and are not competition anymore.
@Gemsnob
I totally agree, SLC is not the same. I started shopping here 2014 & there have been alot of changes. I don't care for the 2 host format because they don't focus on the items like they did when there was only one host & I can't afford the high end jewelry they show so often now so I don't bother watching when those items are on. Now I'm in the habit of watching other things which has resulted in me rarely watching SLC.
9 x