Shipping cost

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Shipping cost

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I dont understand why a company whos business it is to ship things gets away with charging customers a handling fee. You wouldnt have your business if not for customers ordering and you chose that business to be in. Its like a food joint charging a handling fee because they have to go to the kitchen to retrieve your food. Its part of it.
That's how I see it too!
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I love my Amazon Prime, it saves me money, I order on a regular basis from them, if you do not order much then maybe it is not worth it but if you do and use the other services that come with it you save money.
5 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I (and 100 million others) disagree with you, D-Flawless, regarding Amazon Prime and I find it worth it. :) I fully utilize everything that Prime encompasses from video streaming, music, books, to using my Amazon Echo's through the house (I depend on this now), to subscriptions that come to me once a month that saves me money but also I hate to buy in a store because it's so bulky I have to do one trip just for these items (paper towels, toilette paper, mom's depends). The free 2-day shipping (or same day shipping and you get it next day if you need it fast which I've used several times) and EASY returns more than pays for the membership of $12.99 a month. Some places have Prime Now that delivers in 2-hours! I can't wait to get that. I also get deliveries on Sunday now too.

I use Amazon wardrobe where you get to try on clothes (because I can't go shopping for myself right now due to I can't leave my mother alone) free and I have seven days to try on the clothes and return what I don't want for free in an included resealable box and prepaid shipping label. <<< love that.

So for $119 a year or you can pay $12.99 month-by-month, it's really worth it to me. Also, if you are student it's only $59 a year and if you are using EBT or medicaid, you only pay $5.99 a month.
I’m happy you feel you’re getting your money’s worth out of Amazon Prime! For someone like me who only orders from them 3 or 4 times a year and never uses the other perks offered with the subscription I definitely cannot justify the cost. The few times I do order it’s always over $25 so it’s free shipping anyway. I don’t qualify for the cheaper subscription price and I don’t really want to give Jeff Bezos any more money....he just bought the most expensive house here in Los Angeles!!! 🤑
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I agree with OSOTT
There in nothing easier then Amazon. As soon as I put the return in the mail, I get refunded. I order today, its here tomorrow. Even heavy stuff like bottles of coffee.
I just ordered 2 dresses, 2 days ago, came yesterday, and both are perfect. My daughter is on my account and orders about 20 items a week for her large family. Anytime there is a issue that cs cant solve, I email Jeff Bezos. His staff reply same day and solve the issue. 99% of the time a phone call takes care of the issue.
There is nothing I cant find on Amazon. They are very strict with 3rd party vendors. A-Z guarantee.
The only problem in spite of attempts by Amazon to weed out fake reviews, lots still continues . I have learned how to weed them out myself.
Actually Opatra had fake reviews in the UK, according to Amazon, who has started to weed out the fakes.
Another benefit is that Amazon offers free UPS pickup from the home for returns. For homeridden buyers its a godsent.
I still like slc for certain jewelry that I buy to gift to over 40 family birthdays, holidays, graduations, etc.
For years, I loved getting great low cost bargains, especially with coupons. Things are changing drastically at slc, so I shop at other competitors at better prices lately.
i just wish they would upgrade their shipping. Takes forever to arrive.
And I wish they would stop fibbing that they give a hot meal per item sold. As per ONE FOR ONE, They give 10 cents to ONE FOR ONE, towards school meals. If I bought 100 items, they would give $10 in total. I feel they are using hungry kids to help sell their stuff.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I too love Amazon Prime. Mike, my roommate, orders parts etc. almost daily for his lawnmowers and furnace repairs. It certainly pays for itself with him. If I need something he orders it and I repay him so I basically get free shipping. Of course it doesn't hurt that my ex son-in-law that I adore works for Amazon. He is some mucky-muck for the West Coast and works his behind off.
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Shop LC has been making the Brick and Mortar's
look pretty good!! :lol:
6 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

I have ordered a lot of jewelry from shoplc and most is pretty good. I would never order any of the expensive items from them. I have ordered lotions and oil from them that I don't care for. I kept them but won't order any more. I have had jewelry broken shortly after buying but since I pay 10.00 I just keep.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I notice today they have the BOGO.

But still separate shipping for each item. Since the items have to be bought together to get the discount they should charge ONE shipping charge for the deal.

It’s wrong that they don’t.
6 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I don't like that they charge tax on the shipping even though it's not much,I still think it's wrong and also the tax is charged before the coupon discount, not right!
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Except for a couple of states they are now required to charge sales tax on all internet sales. BUT you should only be charged tax on the total of your purchase price (AFTER discount is applied) plus the shipping charge.

You may want to contact one o the Moderators. Not Danielle as she is gone for a week.
6 x