Why is lc selling higher price items? The average person can't purchase those high price items.

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Why is lc selling higher price items? The average person can't purchase those high price items.

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Just shop online! There’s literally thousands of items at all price points! I never watch the live shows and constantly find decent deals. I mostly buy from the RA but even the catalog side has decent prices with 30% off. The only time the live shows have better prices is during spin for savings anyway! Don’t waste your precious life watching ShopLC...go watch a good movie and shop online...get the best of both worlds! Who has time to watch TV all day anyway?!? Doesn’t anyone out there work? Dang! I must be doing something horribly wrong! 😳🤑
:shock:
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

Gemsnob

Re: Why is lc selling higher price items? The average person can't purchase those high price items.

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

🦨
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

What OSOTT & Gemsnob said....
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Not to forget that once an item is shown, the price may not be the same. So, if you miss it on live TV, it may go up in price. It's why we are tired of pricing games.
BTW, the TLV that RS alerted us to yesterday, $14.99 with 30 off coupon, is now $24.99 and no coupon.
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Just shop online! There’s literally thousands of items at all price points! I never watch the live shows and constantly find decent deals. I mostly buy from the RA but even the catalog side has decent prices with 30% off. The only time the live shows have better prices is during spin for savings anyway! Don’t waste your precious life watching ShopLC...go watch a good movie and shop online...get the best of both worlds! Who has time to watch TV all day anyway?!? Doesn’t anyone out there work? Dang! I must be doing something horribly wrong! 😳🤑
If you read about any of these women, you'd know they ALL WORK! They bust their butts caring for family. It happens to be more difficult and much more draining than a job outside the home.
A big AMEN to that. D - I had to take early retirement this January in order to stay home to care for my mother and my husband. But, for about 2 and 1 / 2 months before I retired, I was STILL working full time on the midnight shift, then coming home and taking care of family. Surviving on 2 and a half to 3 hours of sleep a day. Hats off to ALL of the caregivers here. IT IS A FULL TIME JOB. PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY STRAINING. Plus..... you do EVERYTHING without help. You are on call 24/7. Your day doesn't quit just because they have gone to bed. That time is spent catching up on things that you couldn't get done during the day. Sleep is a precious commodity that we don't have. Even at rest we are keeping ears open in case they need something. There is NO deep, restful sleep. So, we don't have time to take leisurely strolls on the Internet. There are days when we can't even get on this forum. But, we try. We have found love and support here. I don't know what your life situation is, but I do hope and pray that you and yours stay healthy... and that you won't have to become a caregiver. ...Angelflutter
8 x

GEMLOVER60

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

;) Why?, because they are getting just like those other 3 letter web sites. They give good deals, than bam. Really sterling silver w/o any rhodium or platinum overlay for $30.00, you can go to any low end store and buy the same stuff w/o paying shipping. They tried to compare their Stella? whatever line to the prices on QVC & JTV, there is nothing to compare, their "new line" has no rhodium or platinum overlay, so it is not cheaper in the long run...and I don't think their stones are at all as pretty as DQ & BL. They are just moving on up like the rest of them. You must know that all that stuff they sell for under $25.00 is sometimes cheaper in a dept. store or the same price, JTV is good for that......
4 x

Gemsnob

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
4 years ago
;) Why?, because they are getting just like those other 3 letter web sites. They give good deals, than bam. Really sterling silver w/o any rhodium or platinum overlay for $30.00, you can go to any low end store and buy the same stuff w/o paying shipping. They tried to compare their Stella? whatever line to the prices on QVC & JTV, there is nothing to compare, their "new line" has no rhodium or platinum overlay, so it is not cheaper in the long run...and I don't think their stones are at all as pretty as DQ & BL. They are just moving on up like the rest of them. You must know that all that stuff they sell for under $25.00 is sometimes cheaper in a dept. store or the same price, JTV is good for that......
I think Shoplc is trying to compete with the other networks but the products ARE cheap and low quality. It's obvious when they have had so many returns during clearance (all sales final) that it takes 3 weeks or more for customers to get their refund. You can only return durning a clearance if something is wrong with the product. Shoplc cannot compete with the Q or H. They were competition for the J until they started changing everything... Selling lifestyle, beauty, clothing, and high end. Much is junk. Just saying. And Amit needs to focus on fixing what's wrong instead he wants to get his mug on TV.
8 x

Jo

Post by Jo » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
GEMLOVER60 wrote:
4 years ago
I think Shoplc is trying to compete with the other networks but the products ARE cheap and low quality. It's obvious when they have had so many returns during clearance (all sales final) that it takes 3 weeks or more for customers to get their refund. You can only return durning a clearance if something is wrong with the product. Shoplc cannot compete with the Q or H. They were competition for the J until they started changing everything... Selling lifestyle, beauty, clothing, and high end. Much is junk. Just saying. And Amit needs to focus on fixing what's wrong instead he wants to get his mug on TV.
I agree 100%. SLC quality is mostly subpar to other networks and many times you can find the product cheaper at a brick and mortar. They will never be able to gain the status of the other networks until their product quality and customer service improves significantly. Also some of the hosts, in my opinion, lack professionalism even to the point of being crass. They also need to stop the ridiculous pricing games. A couple of years ago JTV tried to expand their shows to include home decor. I think it didn't work out well because they gave it up. They went back to what made them popular. SLC needs to learn that lesson as well.
8 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

I agree with the overpriced jewelry, I don't spend a lot of money on things I can't see in person. I shop here for the cheap stuff to make my own jewelry. As far as working, I'm retired. Plus, it's cheaper for me to shop on line because I live in the mountains and have no access to most things. Not sure why anyone has to justify why they shop during the day to anyone. I'm fairly new to this forum, don't usually post on anything. But these wonderful ladies (men, too) are the nicest, most caring people and I find myself coming back each day just to check in on them. They make me laugh, sometimes cry, and this forum gives a lot of people an outlet for friendship that is sometimes hard to find in the 'real' world. So, let's keep your negativity in check, ok? Whether we work OUTSIDE the home is no one's businesses but our own.
9 x

Gemsnob

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
I agree with the overpriced jewelry, I don't spend a lot of money on things I can't see in person. I shop here for the cheap stuff to make my own jewelry. As far as working, I'm retired. Plus, it's cheaper for me to shop on line because I live in the mountains and have no access to most things. Not sure why anyone has to justify why they shop during the day to anyone. I'm fairly new to this forum, don't usually post on anything. But these wonderful ladies (men, too) are the nicest, most caring people and I find myself coming back each day just to check in on them. They make me laugh, sometimes cry, and this forum gives a lot of people an outlet for friendship that is sometimes hard to find in the 'real' world. So, let's keep your negativity in check, ok? Whether we work OUTSIDE the home is no one's businesses but our own.
💕❤️💕
2 x