Why is lc selling higher price items? The average person can't purchase those high price items.

GEMLOVER60

Re: Why is lc selling higher price items? The average person can't purchase those high price items.

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
GEMLOVER60 wrote:
4 years ago
;) Why?, because they are getting just like those other 3 letter web sites. They give good deals, than bam. Really sterling silver w/o any rhodium or platinum overlay for $30.00, you can go to any low end store and buy the same stuff w/o paying shipping. They tried to compare their Stella? whatever line to the prices on QVC & JTV, there is nothing to compare, their "new line" has no rhodium or platinum overlay, so it is not cheaper in the long run...and I don't think their stones are at all as pretty as DQ & BL. They are just moving on up like the rest of them. You must know that all that stuff they sell for under $25.00 is sometimes cheaper in a dept. store or the same price, JTV is good for that......
I think Shoplc is trying to compete with the other networks but the products ARE cheap and low quality. It's obvious when they have had so many returns during clearance (all sales final) that it takes 3 weeks or more for customers to get their refund. You can only return durning a clearance if something is wrong with the product. Shoplc cannot compete with the Q or H. They were competition for the J until they started changing everything... Selling lifestyle, beauty, clothing, and high end. Much is junk. Just saying. And Amit needs to focus on fixing what's wrong instead he wants to get his mug on TV.
I understand what you all are saying, but you can not rule out SLC. I have several items that I bought, they are great quality. These items make the Q & J & H look like they sale bubble gum machine jewelry. and I got them a lot cheaper. I think that we just need to pay more attention to the auctions. Also, if there is time, go on line and pull up the item and read the specifications for that item, it has helped me. One purchase I got was a Tanzanite ring that said AA, no way it was AAA, very nice, well made, and cost over 4x's what I paid. So please do not rule them out....there is always a needle in the haystack somewhere. Heck, I have lots of junk that came from the Q, J, & H, also have some nice stuff from them... ;)
1 x

CC

Re: Why is lc selling higher price items? The average person can't purchase those high price items.

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Othersideofthetracks, the ring you bought is one simi!ar to one in a line the designer Chuck Clemency sold a few years ago on the channel in Minnesota I believe it is. As a matter of fact there are 4 rings under "petalite" on the Shopl c website that look exactly like rings he sold years ago. I own the one you bought and another one on the website which is the big solitare surrounded by stones. I actually back then bought 4 rings from him and I love them. I did, however, pay way more for each of the ones I bought from his line than what Shoplc is selling theirs for. You got a good bargain. Enjoy. P.S. Did you know that the sometimes show host Blake is Chuck's son ?
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
Othersideofthetracks, the ring you bought is one simi!ar to one in a line the designer Chuck Clemency sold a few years ago on the channel in Minnesota I believe it is. As a matter of fact there are 4 rings under "petalite" on the Shopl c website that look exactly like rings he sold years ago. I own the one you bought and another one on the website which is the big solitare surrounded by stones. I actually back then bought 4 rings from him and I love them. I did, however, pay way more for each of the ones I bought from his line than what Shoplc is selling theirs for. You got a good bargain. Enjoy. P.S. Did you know that the sometimes show host Blake is Chuck's son ?
I did know Blake is Chuck's son and I think that's cool. I like Blake and am pulling for him to keep improving as a host. He really just started out a few months ago hosting. I don't care for the price game he does - but I'm positive that SLC promotes him to play this game. ugh. He could speed it up. ha! But all in all, I like Blake.

@CC , I love that you have the same ring! It's really sharp and classy, I think. I've almost bought another one here, the pear shaped three stone. These rings go with everything too! I know the ring you have that is one stone with the zirons surrounding it and I've bid on it on RA a couple of times! I want to catch that one if I can! I've looked on other sites and found colored petalite - but I'm just interested in the clear ones.
1 x

Jolynn

Post by Jolynn » 4 years ago

I AM SO SICK OF THE EXPENSIVE TANZANITE ALWAYS ON THE AIR.......ENOUGH!!!!!!! THI IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIFESTYLE SPECTACULAR DAY!
1 x

Jolynn

The bone head you are referring to is the president Amit!!!!!!!
1 x

Jolynn

EVERYTHING CHANGED WITH SHOP LC WHEN THE NEW PRESIDENT AMIT CAME ONBOARD!!!!!!
0 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

I want to sincerely apologize if my comments offended anyone. We are all adults. There is no reason that we still can't be friends and continue to care and support each other. I don't watch shoplc all of the time. My mother has taken over the tv when she is awake. On occasion when she's using the toilet, taking her nap in her room or sleeping in her living room chair, I will switch the channel just to see what's on. After everyone goes to sleep..... I might watch cuz I can't sleep. What D-Flawless said could have been said in a joking way...... but, emotions or whatever cannot be understood in a text. There were some negative things said by almost everybody. Let's put the boxing gloves away. We have all been really close.... let's not throw it away. Caregiving is a hard job. Those that have not done it don't understand. I thought I could do it all myself..... working and caregiving. I was quick to find out its hard work and it's impossible to do both when I am caring for two. Shake hands and hug. Make up. Please. /color]
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

@Angelflutter
Hi there, hey, with all that you have
going on at home with your mom
and hubs, have you ever gotten
the chance to go back to work to
visit with ol' clients and stay in
touch? I know, at times it's easier
said than done, I just remember
how torn you were when you left
work.
love and prayers,
honey
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

:arrow:
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
I want to sincerely apologize if my comments offended anyone. We are all adults. There is no reason that we still can't be friends and continue to care and support each other. I don't watch shoplc all of the time. My mother has taken over the tv when she is awake. On occasion when she's using the toilet, taking her nap in her room or sleeping in her living room chair, I will switch the channel just to see what's on. After everyone goes to sleep..... I might watch cuz I can't sleep. What D-Flawless said could have been said in a joking way...... but, emotions or whatever cannot be understood in a text. There were some negative things said by almost everybody. Let's put the boxing gloves away. We have all been really close.... let's not throw it away. Caregiving is a hard job. Those that have not done it don't understand. I thought I could do it all myself..... working and caregiving. I was quick to find out its hard work and it's impossible to do both when I am caring for two. Shake hands and hug. Make up. Please. /color]

I've been trying.... (((HUGS))) to everyone.

Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x