RA Auction
0 x

RS

Re: Be an informed bidder

Post by RS » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
RA Auction
I went and looked. I also posted in your thread about this.
1 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I found it in RA. Odd that when I typed in the item number it said no results.
0 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Ahh well It doesn’t matter because 2nd one home was a pos too. So I went to Gemporia and bought a pink spinel ring in 10k rose gold for 40% off and a cognac zircon ring for a total of 78$ w/ shipping. And looking at a Galilea topaz ring that I really like actually I’m gonna buy it it looks like morganite but only with more pink. 40% off ends today!!! And they the same you just have to know what not to buy. Used to be a 40-80$ ring here was nice.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Ahh well It doesn’t matter because 2nd one home was a pos too. So I went to Gemporia and bought a pink spinel ring in 10k rose gold for 40% off and a cognac zircon ring for a total of 78$ w/ shipping. And looking at a Galilea topaz ring that I really like actually I’m gonna buy it it looks like morganite but only with more pink. 40% off ends today!!! And they the same you just have to know what not to buy. Used to be a 40-80$ ring here was nice.
I went to their site just now. Some very nice stuff, thank you! Is the shipping high since they are UK based. I may dip my toe in the water across the pond!
0 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

RS 4.95 so yes if you only order one item but same all day(24hr period) if u order 10 items still 4.95. Their day starts 11pm central time. Like I said tho 10 15$ ring there gonna be same as a ten $ Ring here but their settings are pretty solid!!!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
RS 4.95 so yes if you only order one item but same all day(24hr period) if u order 10 items still 4.95. Their day starts 11pm central time. Like I said tho 10 15$ ring there gonna be same as a ten $ Ring here but their settings are pretty solid!!!
Thanks! I am browsing and see things I don’t see here at SLC. So I may start with something like that. There are some really pretty designs. Too bad I don’t have the day to “play” ...leaving for Oregon in a bit. Oh well...maybe tomorrow. Although sale probably not going on tomorrow.
1 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

CHECK THE BID HISTORY BEFORE YOU PURCHASE AN AUCTION ITEM. I HAVE WON SEVERAL ITEMS AND WHEN I CHECKED, THE PRICE HAD BEEN JACKED UP AT THE LAST MINUTE WITH 16 BIDS HAPPENING IN THE SPAN OF A HALF-SECOND. THIS IS NOT HUMANLY POSSIBLE. HAS TO BE COMPUTER GENERATED AUTO BIDDING. DON'T BE FOOLED. ALWAYS CHECK!!
2 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
CHECK THE BID HISTORY BEFORE YOU PURCHASE AN AUCTION ITEM. I HAVE WON SEVERAL ITEMS AND WHEN I CHECKED, THE PRICE HAD BEEN JACKED UP AT THE LAST MINUTE WITH 16 BIDS HAPPENING IN THE SPAN OF A HALF-SECOND. THIS IS NOT HUMANLY POSSIBLE. HAS TO BE COMPUTER GENERATED AUTO BIDDING. DON'T BE FOOLED. ALWAYS CHECK!!
Hey Ruby, that's because some, such as myself, have very high speed connections and/or use an automatic bid. In the last second you might see 2, or more people bidding against each other, or, just one person that outbids the last bid. Checking can help, sometimes you'll see a bidder that outbids ever other bid for an extended period. That's a person that has set a price that they are willing to pay. For example, Person X sets $100 as the max. and it shows as a $1 bid. Another person bids $2, the X bids $3 automatically. a 3rd person places a hard bid of $25. the X bids $26 automatically. and so forth if and until someone bids $101 or more...
Some bidders don't have the time to sit and watch auctions, so they set the maximum that they are willing to pay and...[go to sleep, take a walk, go to work, play with their kids/grandkids, etc etc]
2 x