Re: Virus

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I'm not a fan of flying really except it gets you there faster. I've never taken a cruise either. I'm not sure how I would do. I think they are like small cities so maybe I wouldn't feel trapped on the ocean. Maybe it would still feel like land?
I have no idea ❗❗with a ship that big surely you dont notice the movement as much as a smaller boat
My cousin was caught in a typhoon on a carrier and he said the same thing that he never wanted to go through that again! I thought a carrier would not be so bad - but he said it tossed around like a cork.
Yep !! My husband said.at one point he managed to talk to one of the ships officers and he asked him "when would it be the time for me to get worried" & officer replied " right about now would be good"
6 x

Gypsy

@Blossom

How did you tiny type ❗❗❗❗❗ -Gypsy
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

If you are under 50 and in good health I really don't think you have much to worry about, even if you get it. That being said if you are 60 to 65 or older and/or have any issues that compromise your immune system, the fatality rates go up dramatically. Higher than the regular flu.

I am VERY NEAR the epicenter for the whole nation for this epidemic. We just had another death today. There are currently 230 people in quarantine here. Yesterday there were 27 confirmed cases. Today there are 39. This is a little less than 30 miles from me. The least secure quarantine facility in the US is less than a mile from me. The CDC just sent a team here to TRY and help with the containment. While not unheard of, this is pretty unusual. I can't even get a simple lab test because the labs are all booked up with potential new cases! SCUSE ME if I am more than a little concerned.

I'm trying not to rant here-- and while at this point I feel panic is not warranted, concern and caution certainly are!
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

I have no idea ❗❗with a ship that big surely you dont notice the movement as much as a smaller boat
My cousin was caught in a typhoon on a carrier and he said the same thing that he never wanted to go through that again! I thought a carrier would not be so bad - but he said it tossed around like a cork.
Yep !! My husband said.at one point he managed to talk to one of the ships officers and he asked him "when would it be the time for me to get worried" & officer replied " right about now would be good"
YIKES!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss! If the officer was worried you know it's time to batten down the hatches!

I've taken deep sea fishing trips...so many of us were sick (some more than others) from the rocking & it wasn't pretty! :?

When going to box above that says normal, tap it & choose size!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
If you are under 50 and in good health I really don't think you have much to worry about, even if you get it. That being said if you are 60 to 65 or older and/or have any issues that compromise your immune system, the fatality rates go up dramatically. Higher than the regular flu.

I am VERY NEAR the epicenter for the whole nation for this epidemic. We just had another death today. There are currently 230 people in quarantine here. Yesterday there were 27 confirmed cases. Today there are 39. This is a little less than 30 miles from me. The least secure quarantine facility in the US is less than a mile from me. The CDC just sent a team here to TRY and help with the containment. While not unheard of, this is pretty unusual. I can't even get a simple lab test because the labs are all booked up with potential new cases! SCUSE ME if I am more than a little concerned.

I'm trying not to rant here-- and while at this point I feel panic is not warranted, concern and caution certainly are!
I know you are "concerned" and I am too for you. How can you not be? There are so many mindless people who don't know how to do basic hygiene it's disgusting - and this happens when there's not a virus in the news. I've read so many reports of people NOT washing their hands after going to the bathroom...???..but just look at public bathrooms? Good Gawd.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
Last night on the news they were showing video carrying someone out of the nursing home in Kirkland. My heart went in my throat thinking of you.
3 x

Gypsy

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
Absolutely, with your health issues and location you should be concerned and cautious about it. I know that I am at less risk
Still aware and cautious but not going to panic and take away doctors.and nurses for a sniffle I may have. Besides I dont want to be quarantined I have NO family close by to take care of my kitties. My son lives in another state
4 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

YIKES!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss! If the officer was worried you know it's time to batten down the hatches!

I've taken deep sea fishing trips...so many of us were sick (some more than others) from the rocking & it wasn't pretty! :?

Oh same as making type big
Okay I didnt notice tiny was an option
But Im a Texan we like things bigger 😂🤣😂
4 x

Blossom

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

YIKES!

Oh same as making type big
Okay I didnt notice tiny was an option
But Im a Texan we like things bigger 😂🤣😂
I gotcha girl! My dad & his family born & raised in Texas! Guess that makes 1/2 Texan so...more of a medium?😂
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I think the point is, who knows if the media is being truthful? You cannot find the names of anyone that has died from it. I mean, who are the statistics? The media is a tool of those in control. They all only tell you what they want you to know. I mean, the CDC didn't add "and prevention" until the early 90's. They were only about controlling disease. They also own Vaccine patents so they profit from them and will never tell you if they don't work or are causing harm. They are a for profit agency not a government agency. You have to take everything with a grain of salt.
8 x