Tanzanite again today

Gemsnob

Re: Tanzanite again today

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
RS ,
My first tv purchases were with jtv. I'm more into gemstones and jewelry making and they use to sell parcels. It was so fun going through them. Got some really nice stones like, opal, and aqua marine, some jaspers. They have some nice Bali shows and Southwest. A little pricey but better than "The Tanzanite-Shungite Show" I don't understand why these guys keep pushing the Tanzanite, unless they noticed other channels telling the truth about the mines being only partially closed. Trying to keep selling at high prices? They take FOREVER to sell one item and keep saying ridiculous things like "only $500 a month" Seriously? That's a months animal food for me, sometimes. And Kim just sneezed and the energizer bunny next to her didn't even say 'excuse you', or anything. How rude.
Are you staying home? I hope so. Let this thing run its course, then travel. We might get rain this weekend! Hope you get some, too. If you do travel, please be safe.
My husband wouldn't be happy if I made a purchase that big without talking to him first. That's a lot of cash! I need tires on my car and between me and my girls, we have between 2-4 doctor appointments some weeks.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Sam wrote:
4 years ago
RS ,
My first tv purchases were with jtv. I'm more into gemstones and jewelry making and they use to sell parcels. It was so fun going through them. Got some really nice stones like, opal, and aqua marine, some jaspers. They have some nice Bali shows and Southwest. A little pricey but better than "The Tanzanite-Shungite Show" I don't understand why these guys keep pushing the Tanzanite, unless they noticed other channels telling the truth about the mines being only partially closed. Trying to keep selling at high prices? They take FOREVER to sell one item and keep saying ridiculous things like "only $500 a month" Seriously? That's a months animal food for me, sometimes. And Kim just sneezed and the energizer bunny next to her didn't even say 'excuse you', or anything. How rude.
Are you staying home? I hope so. Let this thing run its course, then travel. We might get rain this weekend! Hope you get some, too. If you do travel, please be safe.
My husband wouldn't be happy if I made a purchase that big without talking to him first. That's a lot of cash! I need tires on my car and between me and my girls, we have between 2-4 doctor appointments some weeks.
$500.00 pmt ? That's rent money for me - not jewelry
2 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Sam wrote:
4 years ago
RS ,
I won't do it. If there is something big or expensive I want, I'll tell him that it would make a nice bday present or for Mother's Day but I can't justify spending that much right now, especially here.
4 x

Gypsy

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I won't do it. If there is something big or expensive I want, I'll tell him that it would make a nice bday present or for Mother's Day but I can't justify spending that much right now, especially here.
I have a splurge purchase "savings" but even then I'll use BP's. And it will be a piece that I REALLY want
2 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

I have a splurge purchase "savings" but even then I'll use BP's. And it will be a piece that I REALLY want
Can you imagine returning something like this and them having your $500 for 3-4 weeks? I'd be livid.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

:lol:
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

:lol: yeah but...........he's saving me $5000.00........$5000.00
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 x

Gypsy

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Can you imagine returning something like this and them having your $500 for 3-4 weeks? I'd be livid.
I would be tempted to drive to Austin and pick up my refund in person
3 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

Gemsnob,
So did I. I come from a family of rock hounds and we collectively owned 4 parcels of desert land in Kingman, Az. Every summer, when I was a kid, we would set up huge sieves and dig for geodes, arrow heads, and tons of different stones. Kept it all at my uncle's rock shop/garage. He had bins and bins of polished stones of every color. I remember constantly plunging my arms into them, loving the feel of it. Theyre all gone, now, the people and the property, but I never lost my love for rocks. My favorite stone is Septarian. Can I ask what yours is? I'm new to this whole, online talking thing, never sent a text, or tweet, or anything. Been kinda nice talking to the girls in the Tribe.
4 x

Gemsnob

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob,
So did I. I come from a family of rock hounds and we collectively owned 4 parcels of desert land in Kingman, Az. Every summer, when I was a kid, we would set up huge sieves and dig for geodes, arrow heads, and tons of different stones. Kept it all at my uncle's rock shop/garage. He had bins and bins of polished stones of every color. I remember constantly plunging my arms into them, loving the feel of it. Theyre all gone, now, the people and the property, but I never lost my love for rocks. My favorite stone is Septarian. Can I ask what yours is? I'm new to this whole, online talking thing, never sent a text, or tweet, or anything. Been kinda nice talking to the girls in the Tribe.
Your adventures sound like heaven! I can't pick a favorite. There's too many! I love Kunzite, pearls of every shape, size and color, Madagascan demantoid garnet, actually, I love most garnet. It's my birthstone. I like to collect round, hand knotted gemstone beaded necklaces. Weird, I know. I like green sphene, I liked old mine morganite, Cor-de-rosa material. It has the pink. Most of what I see now is flesh colored and doesn't appeal to me. I like Padparasha sapphire, Indicolite tourmaline. See? I cannot choose!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
RS ,
I am happily anxious about the ring I ordered from J today! Later this evening I will likely get something else too!
I used to make a lot of jewelry but not with gemstones. Mostly beads and such. Peyote stitch. Tapestry beaded pouches. Even got asked to make kits for Ben Franklin Crafts, I did.
I love rocks! I got that from my mom.
I have no idea why the constant barrage of tanzanite. I have, as have others, been BEGGING for new and different pieces. I did order a fire opal last night. I hope it’s nice.
And yes, we are staying home. I have a couple of lobster tails I am going to grill, paired with a couple of stuffed baby artichokes and a nice rice pilaf.
Rain! YES! We are supposed to get some in a few days. This wind smells like it’s bringing something this way. I hope so. You need it too down there. We sure don’t need anymore fires here.
Thanks for asking💞💞💞
3 x