Virus is spreading

Gem Lover

Re: Virus is spreading

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Three new people tested positive in Boston and all in their 40"s, all three attended a recent conference that Cambridge-based Biogen held in Boston at the Marriott Long Wharf. Who knows how many people they had contact with at the hotel not to mention everything they touched while there in the hotel.
Last edited by Gem Lover 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Gem Lover

Three new people tested positive in Boston and all in their 40"s, all three attended a recent conference that Cambridge-based Biogen held in Boston at the Marriott Long Wharf. Who knows how many people they had contact with at the hotel not to mention everything they touched while there in the hotel.
0 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Would you believe that a woman has tested positive for the corona virus at the hospital my sister was just released from. I am shocked & she came in feeling bad, they sent her home, she came back the next day. Her family kept complaining and they tested her, sure enough she’s got the virus. But the doctors kept saying there’s no way it could be the virus and wouldn’t order the test kit. But her family said they weren’t leaving until she was tested. I’m so worried that my sister or me will get it now since she is in the same hospital 🥺 There’s no telling how many people she’s infected since they sent her home the first time. This is right here near home & I honestly never thought it would get this close to us. The big box store Wal****, was completely out of sanitizer, Lysol, bleach, gloves, masks, dish liquid, paper plates and disposable utensils today. Lots of shelves were completely bare, so I am ordering several items from the River because this is spreading like the plague now. Please be careful everyone & take care of yourself. Much love to you all, Ginger 💛💛
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@Ginger

This seems to be spreading like wildfire...not good. First case reported in KY (Lexington). I felt somewhat safe but not now.

I pray your sister did not come into contact with virus. Hope she is feeling much better & hope everything went well for your husband.

I don't think any of us can ignore this virus & hope you are able to stock up on those necessities. Sometimes when it rains it storms.

Prayers for you & your loved ones
🙏💞🙏
Last edited by Blossom 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gem Lover

@Ginger I am so sorry to hear that hopefully you you and your sister will be fine but you can't help being scared. my local big box stores and the regular stores were sold out of everything I tried going on the big River store to get hand sanitizer and people are price gouging and they were charging crazy prices for the little bit that was there so I think I'm just going to buy rubber gloves and wear those when I go out. I did manage to buy the giant size packages of toilet paper and paper towels at the big store you pay to be a member at but I got the last couple of packages there was.
3 x

Gem Lover

Here in New Hampshire they are now testing anybody who has any symptoms right away and they told us if we do have symptoms to call ahead and let them know we are going in to be tested so they can protect themselves and others.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Here in New Hampshire they are now testing anybody who has any symptoms right away and they told us if we do have symptoms to call ahead and let them know we are going in to be tested so they can protect themselves and others.
Hi @Gem Lover
Please be cautious. Some people seem to think everyone is overreacting but I say 'better safe than sorry'. It's getting more scary by the day.
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
4 of my grandkids, and father flew on British airlines last week. They just got a email from British Airways that a few of the stewardess on that plane tested positive for the corona virus. What a nightmare. Testing might be too early. I was looking forward to the family get together next week. Even if they are tested, might be too early to be tested. Onset can be 21 days after exposure. Of course what matters is they dont have it. Since returning, some went back to school, etc. might have exposed a huge amt of people.
What a nightmare 😣
I hope the test is negative, but they need to be quarantined in case symptoms develop.
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Would you believe that a woman has tested positive for the corona virus at the hospital my sister was just released from. I am shocked & she came in feeling bad, they sent her home, she came back the next day. Her family kept complaining and they tested her, sure enough she’s got the virus. But the doctors kept saying there’s no way it could be the virus and wouldn’t order the test kit. But her family said they weren’t leaving until she was tested. I’m so worried that my sister or me will get it now since she is in the same hospital 🥺 There’s no telling how many people she’s infected since they sent her home the first time. This is right here near home & I honestly never thought it would get this close to us. The big box store Wal****, was completely out of sanitizer, Lysol, bleach, gloves, masks, dish liquid, paper plates and disposable utensils today. Lots of shelves were completely bare, so I am ordering several items from the River because this is spreading like the plague now. Please be careful everyone & take care of yourself. Much love to you all, Ginger 💛💛
I hope your sister is fine. She needs to take precautions.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Update: If you all didn't know there are now 2 dead in Florida. Things still grim here in Washington. They believe 379 have tested positive for the virus but are re-testing to verify. Sissy and I are fine. She went to a luncheon with her best friend yesterday in Seattle. I tried to convince her not to go but she would not be deterred. She said it was almost deserted. This is a place where you usually need reservations at least a week in advance. She also had no problem finding a parking space!

Hope you are all well and safe. Be careful, especially OSOTT, Ginger, Blossom, Vicky and Gemlover.

Special hugs and prayer for you Shop4joy.
4 x