Using corona virus fear to sell air purifier

ChiChi2

Using corona virus fear to sell air purifier

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

Did anyone else see this today? Was very disappointed that Craig and Jessica used the current fear of the Corona virus to sell an air purifier. Air purifiers aren’t going to be effective according to the CDC. Anything to make a sell, I guess
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Using corona virus fear to sell air purifier

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@ChiChi2
I saw it. Was terrible using the virus to scare people into buying things.
What about the other day, them claiming the argon oil with CBD helps with the hosts pains. Didnt they rave that SHUNGITE relieved their aches ???
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The bad thing is if they are making people think that the air purifier works to protect them people will get a false sense of security and might not take the actual measures to protect themselves and come down with the virus, that is horrible that they are doing this to sell an item.
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@ChiChi2
I saw it. Was terrible using the virus to scare people into buying things.
What about the other day, them claiming the argon oil with CBD helps with the hosts pains. Didnt they rave that SHUNGITE relieved their aches ???
Shungite bone broth bejeweled heating pads massagers the 10's machine and on and on. All magical.
It was mostly disgusting hearing them use this virus as a selling point. And this sale went on and on and on. Each time I clicked back they were still on it.
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

I agree. Had mute button on all day. 😱😱😱
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
The bad thing is if they are making people think that the air purifier works to protect them people will get a false sense of security and might not take the actual measures to protect themselves and come down with the virus, that is horrible that they are doing this to sell an item.
This is going WAY too far. It's unethical. They are also spreading lies for which they should be held accountable.

I cannot shop here.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Now they are LITERALLY "Snake Oil Sellers."
2 x

geminigirl

Post by geminigirl » 4 years ago

I'm really glad I cut the cord and now cannot get the shoplc channel I used to like watching but it started getting a little too much especially with this type of thing.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

It is so true-- air purifiers are built to filter out particulates. Dirt, smoke dust mites, stuff like that. They are not fine enough to filter out viruses. There is a type that uses UV and UA light bathing the filters to kill the virus but I don't believe these are available to the general public.
3 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

I doubt those filters sell for $24.99. LOL
2 x