FRIENDS please ..... check in(UPDATE)

RS

Re: FRIENDS please ..... check in

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
I only read biographies and true stories. I'm really into my rock star bios. In some cases I do know the endings.... but the stories are good. I have so many books that I could open my own library. I used to read a lot of true crime... read those for over 20 years, but needed a switch. I also like bios of actors and actresses. People sure lived interesting lives. ( 1920S THRU 1970'S ) Right now I am reading Walk This Way by Aerosmith. Great book. Told by each member of the band. When I am not reading, I am doing a 60 x 80cm diamond painting. Anything to combat the boredom of being stuck at home. I have 3 very large diamond paintings to do. Hopefully this virus ends before I have time to do them all. Otherwise I'll have to order a couple more.
@Angelflutter

What is a diamond painting ??
Oooo....I love those! I have one and a light table to do it on. Haven’t started it yet. Mine is of...you guessed it...PARROTS!

Can I answer?

You put these little faceted colored “gems” over an existing picture (the spots are marked which color you put where, think paint by numbers kind of thing). And you adhere these little adhesive gems all over the picture.
When you are done it’s a very glittery, almost dimensional picture.
Google them, you will see!
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
I only read biographies and true stories. I'm really into my rock star bios. In some cases I do know the endings.... but the stories are good. I have so many books that I could open my own library. I used to read a lot of true crime... read those for over 20 years, but needed a switch. I also like bios of actors and actresses. People sure lived interesting lives. ( 1920S THRU 1970'S ) Right now I am reading Walk This Way by Aerosmith. Great book. Told by each member of the band. When I am not reading, I am doing a 60 x 80cm diamond painting. Anything to combat the boredom of being stuck at home. I have 3 very large diamond paintings to do. Hopefully this virus ends before I have time to do them all. Otherwise I'll have to order a couple more.
@Angelflutter

Oooo....I love those! I have one and a light table to do it on. Haven’t started it yet. Mine is of...you guessed it...PARROTS!

Can I answer?

You put these little faceted colored “gems” over an existing picture (the spots are marked which color you put where, think paint by numbers kind of thing). And you adhere these little adhesive gems all over the picture.
Okay.....that sounds very pretty 🤗🤗
1 x

Gypsy

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

@Angelflutter

Can I answer?

Okay.....that sounds very pretty 🤗🤗
Those are very pretty
Thank you ❣❣
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@Gyspy

💞🥰💞

Try one! You may like doing it. The craft stores are full of them but you can also find them online everywhere now.
1 x

Gypsy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Gyspy

💞🥰💞

Try one! You may like doing it. The craft stores are full of them but you can also find them online everywhere now.
I might have to try one. I tend to get abit OCD when it comes to crafting or sewing, etc....once I start I wont stop till its completely done 🥴
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Gyspy

💞🥰💞

I might have to try one. I tend to get abit OCD when it comes to crafting or sewing, etc....once I start I wont stop till its completely done 🥴
Haha...I don’t think you could with one of these! Also, they are designed to leave out...you work on it for a bit and then do other things. Then come back.
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Those paintings sound wonderful & I would love something like that. I love painting ceramics for the house and family. I love to read, mostly romance books in the 1800’s. I can read a book a day & like to read the autobiographies of late actors & actresses too. I’m trying to get up the courage to start writing ✍🏻 a romance book soon. I write articles for our paper at times and a few magazines here. I love writing, so my fingers are crossed 🤞🏻. I wish you all a happy 1st Day of Spring. I’m waiting on a air purifier to be delivered, I hope I’m not disappointed because I’ve never had one but allergies & the pet dander from the new rescue are killing me. I’m allergic to dogs and cats but tolerate our toy poodles because they don’t shed, unlike Gordon the rescue, who’s part collie & German Shepard. Prayers to everyone, Ginger 💛🦋💛 (But I’ve got several cats outside that are rescues too and one is pregnant now)
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gypsy... there are several videos on youtube. Might watch a few. Diamond painting is very relaxing / stress reducing. I purchase mine from. All diamond painting.com. I would suggest as a beginner that you try one with the round drills. You have to be more precise with the square drills and there are more of the square drills than the round drills on diamond paintings. There is also a site called freediamondpaintings.com. I am sure you will enjoy doing it. Most important thing you should buy is your light board. $ 20.00 will get you a good one on Amazon.... and some craft stores carry them 's well. This will be your most expensive " must have" equipment for diamond painting. Please.... start with a small one before jumping to a large size.. just to make sure you like working on them. I also like paintings that are full diamond as opposed to partial. Meaning the entire painting is filled with the drills. ( Drills is what they call the " diamonds". It's not too expensive of a craft to get started on except for the price of your lightboard. After i did my first painting figured out that I liked doing them, I went straight to the big ones. The big ones were expensive. But they are so beautiful when they are done. There are also several youtube videos on how to frame your diamond art. The three I have waiting for me to do are from alldiamondpainting. 1.) The Chihuahua with the flower wreath on it's head. 2.) Little Girl with the Pigeons and 3.) Little Girl in the Garden. They have a lot of cat, dog, and parrot pictures. I would recommend this company. I have bought 6 pictures from them. Never dissapointed. Clean drills, they make sure you hang over enough to finish your picture, and I have never received staticy or oily or misshapen drills. Some people say to seal your paintings, but I don't. Over time the sealant turns yellow or white and cracks. Plus sealing does take away part of the sparkle... which is why we diamond paint in the first place. I don't frame mine in glass either. When I do my housecleaning, I juts glide my swifter over my pictures. Well, I have gabbed about this long enough. Sorry. It's kind of my passion..... Angelflutter ( feel free to ask us any questions - 2 diamond painting lovers can tell you ANYTHING you want to know. :D
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

So happy to hear from you all that I haven’t seen in a while. Glad to hear things are okay and please keep in touch. @Angelflutter those boards sound awesome and I will definitely be checking them out. I bet you have some beautiful pieces that you have done. I wish we could post pictures here. Happy Day Friends, Ginger 💛🌸💛
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy... there are several videos on youtube. Might watch a few. Diamond painting is very relaxing / stress reducing. I purchase mine from. All diamond painting.com. I would suggest as a beginner that you try one with the round drills. You have to be more precise with the square drills and there are more of the square drills than the round drills on diamond paintings. There is also a site called freediamondpaintings.com. I am sure you will enjoy doing it. Most important thing you should buy is your light board. $ 20.00 will get you a good one on Amazon.... and some craft stores carry them 's well. This will be your most expensive " must have" equipment for diamond painting. Please.... start with a small one before jumping to a large size.. just to make sure you like working on them. I also like paintings that are full diamond as opposed to partial. Meaning the entire painting is filled with the drills. ( Drills is what they call the " diamonds". It's not too expensive of a craft to get started on except for the price of your lightboard. After i did my first painting figured out that I liked doing them, I went straight to the big ones. The big ones were expensive. But they are so beautiful when they are done. There are also several youtube videos on how to frame your diamond art. The three I have waiting for me to do are from alldiamondpainting. 1.) The Chihuahua with the flower wreath on it's head. 2.) Little Girl with the Pigeons and 3.) Little Girl in the Garden. They have a lot of cat, dog, and parrot pictures. I would recommend this company. I have bought 6 pictures from them. Never dissapointed. Clean drills, they make sure you hang over enough to finish your picture, and I have never received staticy or oily or misshapen drills. Some people say to seal your paintings, but I don't. Over time the sealant turns yellow or white and cracks. Plus sealing does take away part of the sparkle... which is why we diamond paint in the first place. I don't frame mine in glass either. When I do my housecleaning, I juts glide my swifter over my pictures. Well, I have gabbed about this long enough. Sorry. It's kind of my passion..... Angelflutter ( feel free to ask us any questions - 2 diamond painting lovers can tell you ANYTHING you want to know. :D
Angelflutter...what “tack” do you use for picking up your drills? I have found the one included in the kit doesn’t always stick and other times leaves some of it behind. I know there is some blue substance I have seen others use.
0 x