SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Catticus

Re: SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Ginger

By the way, we don't have as much stocked up as some do. We do with food and soap and such. But we are lacking in the TP area. And we aren't worried about that in the least. My parents lived through The Depression. And I've run out of TP before, many times, eons ago.

It's not as awful as people think. You just use your own wash cloth and wash it thoroughly afterwards in hot, soapy water with a bit of bleach, or even cleanser if you don't have bleach. Or just the soap and water works fine, too. They say the soap actually can work better because the virus can't live in the oils of the soap. Then you hang it up to use again. Or, you make rags and later wash and dry them after use. You can keep them in a bag inside a small trash can with a lid after use. It's really not difficult.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about toilet paper at the stores. We have very low flow toilets here and can't flush our TP anyway! We've been using trash can liner bags with metal trash cans with the foot opener for YEARS. And, we camped a lot growing up. Of course hand washing is extremely important, but is a cloth so different from a handful of TP? It actually works better!
πŸ’© "Hi! I'm a P00P! And I wash off easily!"
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Catticus

You are so right !!!!

Been there......done that

And I used cloth diapers on my kids !!!

-Gypsy
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

It was wayyyyyyy before my time, but wasn't the ol'
Sear's catalog kept in the outhouses?

I just googled the invention of TP......Wikpedia
has all the answers.
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gypsy

honey wrote: ↑
4 years ago

according to stories my husband told me .....YES
he grew up with no indoor plumbing ❗ -Gypsy
4 x

Catticus

Rolltide wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Okay score another one for my team, Alabama! LOL Seems a doc at UAH, this time, is the one who studied the malaria in the countries that have it and discovered the connection that In those countries they don't have the issues the same with this virus, and so this body of research is where it comes from that we are trying out the preventative meds for malaria on the covid-19 patients. This time, go UAH!

And my thoughts about the China thing, I believe in the bible, and in order for end times to eventually happen, it means the US would no longer be #1.
So I read article somewhere thru this that Italy newspaper reported that plane took off in China with med stuff to help Italy, however USA response was lights out, Italy will not forget this. This is what Italy newspaper said. So, first of all what should we have sent? Things we need to save the dying here, or med peeps we need to save the dying here? idk Anyways, now China is over at Italy like the saving big brother or something?
I don't know what is going on, but the winds of change are shifting. I am no fanatic, just a believer. Am not going to worry over these things, am just looking up and going to be ready. Come Lord Jesus, come. May be tomorrow, may be 200 more yrs, but am gonna be looking up and be ready.

Ginger my prayers are with you and your family. Also Caticus, am very thankful procedure went well and all Is good at your house. Peace be with you. -Rolltide
@Rolltide

Thank you! πŸ’ž

And Rolltide...I agree with what you posted 100%. I have been thinking the EXACT same thing!

My sis and I (and our parents) believe the same.

Peace be with you, too!

πŸ•ŠπŸ™πŸΌβœ¨πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ™πŸΌπŸ•Š
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago

google the invention of TP
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@Catticus
Maybe this virus & laxk of tp will give us the kick in the rear we need to clean out those neglected closets & piles you & I both have!πŸ˜›

If I run out of tp, I'm sure beneath all my stuff are t shirts, socks, etc that can be used if necessary!

When I made a supply run yesterday, planned on getting some anti-d...you know, the fewer times you go the less tp needed! Alas, others must have had same thoughts because it was yet another empty shelf!

TMI??πŸ˜›
5 x

Catticus

4 years ago

I just googled the invention of TP......Wikpedia
has all the answers.
Yup! My mom has been saving our newspapers and every catalog we get!

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago

I grew up with no indoor plumbing & yes, my dad kept Sears catalog nearby. Me?...guess I thought I was special, the tp was there & that's what I used!
5 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
4 years ago

I grew up with no indoor plumbing & yes, my dad kept Sears catalog nearby. Me?...guess I thought I was special, the tp was there & that's what I used!
I still remember when the big Sears catalog would arrive by mail we'd spend hours pouring through it. You could order ANYTHING 😊😊😊
3 x