Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

I only saw Sam this morning but I can tell by the food bowl that others ate I just dont know who. But I did see Skeeter last night , he came by looking for dinner. No sign of Sissy, but I may not for awhile still dont know if shes had her kittens-Gypsy
Hopefully Sissy ate it & not the possums. How is the possum situation? They sure do like cat food (& everything else)!
I have seen any around my car lately but that doesn't mean they haven't been there. I have seen them from my front entrance balcony but they are across the fence in other apartment complex.....they can live there. I dont leave the cat food out all the time and if a possum comes close my inside kittys usually let me know.
Guard kitties!
One night, my outside kitties were telling me something was on the porch & because I have possums quite often, thought hmmm. They don't usually act that way about possums because they're so used to seeing them. So since the porch light wasn't hitting all the right spots I grabbed my flashlight & there it was..a copperhead! It's not the first one on my back porch either..hope it's the last! :shock:
Last edited by Blossom 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gypsy

Re: Wednesday 3/25 Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Hopefully Sissy ate it & not the possums. How is the possum situation? They sure do like cat food (& everything else)!
I have seen any around my car lately but that doesn't mean they haven't been there. I have seen them from my front entrance balcony but they are across the fence in other apartment complex.....they can live there. I dont leave the cat food out all the time and if a possum comes close my inside kittys usually let me know.
Guard kitties!
One night, my outside kitties were telling me something was on the porch & because I have possums quite often, thought hmmm. They don't usually act that way about possums because they're so used to seeing them. So since the porch light was hitting all the right spots I grabbed my flashlight & there it was..a copperhead! It's not the first one on my back porch either..hope it's the last! :shock:
YIKES. I do not like snakes 😳 especially poisonous ones
3 x

Blossom

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
@Gypsy
@Rolltide
My son claims the possum he feeds is very friendly. Loves cat food.
I love the name SHEBA, better QUEEN SHEBA😍
Can you believe it.
The Governors are contacting retired health professionals, asking if they could come back to work to take care of Corona virus patients.
My friends that are still working dont even have enough protective gear.
With my auto-immune system acting up, I better stay home.
I dont know why, I gave all I had to my patients for 35 years, but I feel guilty not helping now😰
There was one possum that used to show up every night that I would hand feed apple slices & oatmeal cookies. Name...Pasta, cuz possum starts with 'P' so now all possums I name starts with 'P'

You should stay safely at home. I can tell it's in your blood but let's keep you out of harms way..k?
4 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Another 'S' name! Sheba..it's purrrfect! Glad you thought ahead for her needs💞
[b[Blossom

I've had
2- Shebas
Smoke, Sookie ,Skeeter, Saber
3 or 4 Sissys
And two .......TIGGERS[/b]
That's alot of 'S's! I've never used the same first name but since all mine have middle names, they have occasionally been recycled! My mom had a few dogs with the same name (not at the same time but wouldn't that save alot of calling at mealtimes if they did!)
The Sissys were all kitties that I took in and then found homes for....and the Shebas & Tiggers were years apart and the names just fit.
Also had a gray kitten once that used to eat Kleenex and I found myself saying...."why you little sh*t....unfortunately that's all she would answer to was Little sh*t 🤪 shorten it to "Littlen" to get her attention
3 x

Blossom

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

Guard kitties!
One night, my outside kitties were telling me something was on the porch & because I have possums quite often, thought hmmm. They don't usually act that way about possums because they're so used to seeing them. So since the porch light was hitting all the right spots I grabbed my flashlight & there it was..a copperhead! It's not the first one on my back porch either..hope it's the last! :shock:
YIKES. I do not like snakes 😳 especially poisonous ones
Me no likee snakes either! I do let the non poisonous ones go their way but they best not take too much time doing just that!

For snake lovers: I'm sorry but the 7 copperheads (in my territory) were eliminated. If I'm out in the wilds (their territory) I leave them alone & go the other way. But on my porch or in my backyard....noooo!
5 x

Gypsy

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
@Gypsy
@Rolltide
My son claims the possum he feeds is very friendly. Loves cat food.
I love the name SHEBA, better QUEEN SHEBA😍
Can you believe it.
The Governors are contacting retired health professionals, asking if they could come back to work to take care of Corona virus patients.
My friends that are still working dont even have enough protective gear.
With my auto-immune system acting up, I better stay home.
I dont know why, I gave all I had to my patients for 35 years, but I feel guilty not helping now😰
Vicky

Dont feel bad.....you are to susceptible to illness to be be working around this virus.
4 x

Blossom

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

[b[Blossom

I've had
2- Shebas
Smoke, Sookie ,Skeeter, Saber
3 or 4 Sissys
And two .......TIGGERS[/b]
That's alot of 'S's! I've never used the same first name but since all mine have middle names, they have occasionally been recycled! My mom had a few dogs with the same name (not at the same time but wouldn't that save alot of calling at mealtimes if they did!)
The Sissys were all kitties that I took in and then found homes for....and the Shebas & Tiggers were years apart and the names just fit.
Also had a gray kitten once that used to eat Kleenex and I found myself saying...."why you little sh*t....unfortunately that's all she would answer to was Little sh*t 🤪 shorten it to "Littlen" to get her attention
Kleenex! That little sh*t!
Those darn cats😻. Louie Luigi is currently rubbing around on my feet just waiting for enough space to get in my lap. Louie is not happy just being beside me, he HAS to be on me! I never get to sit or sleep without one or more on me! If one gets down another gets that spot!
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@Blossom
Oh my goodness 😳
A copperhead 🐉 although their venom is not fatal to humans except if immune compromised, or to little kids, it can cause tissue damage.
Do you have these Snake catchers in your area ?
They dont kill them. They catch them and relocate them.
Anyway, SNAKES AND SNAKE LIKE LIZARDS are involved in this virus. A bat bit a snake, that was then eaten as a delicacy infecting everyone that ate it.

Stay safe - lucky the cats alerted you 🙏🏻
❤️❤️❤️
3 x

Blossom

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
Oh my goodness 😳
A copperhead 🐉 although their venom is not fatal to humans except if immune compromised, or to little kids, it can cause tissue damage.
Do you have these Snake catchers in your area ?
They dont kill them. They catch them and relocate them.
Anyway, SNAKES AND SNAKE LIKE LIZARDS are involved in this virus. A bat bit a snake, that was then eaten as a delicacy infecting everyone that ate it.

Stay safe - lucky the cats alerted you 🙏🏻
❤️❤️❤️
Nope no reptile rescues in my area. I worry about my pets getting bitten. The first copperhead in my yard, one of my cats was determined to get it & it was a race between me & the cat! Saw another of my cats slapping at a snake, she wasn't fast enough & it bit her. Thankfully it wasn't poisonous. She left it alone after that!

Bandit Patrol (Nat Geo channel) is in my area so if it's feathered or furry they could help. I've never seen an episode of them with snakes...turtles, yes.
Last edited by Blossom 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Kleenex! That little sh*t!
Those darn cats😻. Louie Luigi is currently rubbing around on my feet just waiting for enough space to get in my lap. Louie is not happy just being beside me, he HAS to be on me! I never get to sit or sleep without one or more on me! If one gets down another gets that spot!
That's cute ❣ you're gonna think hubby and I were weird but our kids dont have middle names
2 x