They did it again! Selling masks!

Jo

They did it again! Selling masks!

Post by Jo » 4 years ago

Now selling the lightweight masks, 10 for $17.99. No shame!
1 x

ChiChi2

Re: They did it again! Selling masks!

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

Disgusting. Should be donated. Shame on SLC
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

At least these are worthless against protecting anyone from the virus. Anyone infected that coughs or sneezes within 10 feet of this mask, it will go right thru. The only good this mask does is keep the person from touching their face after touching contaminated surfaces.
Medical personnel need the N95. Those were sold online and hoarded by the general population, so the hospitals were left without the amount needed.
They should have been offered to the Hospitals first. Of course not, when they can charge the public double or triple more, then the Hospitals pay.
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
At least these are worthless against protecting anyone from the virus. Anyone infected that coughs or sneezes within 10 feet of this mask, it will go right thru. The only good this mask does is keep the person from touching their face after touching contaminated surfaces.
Medical personnel need the N95. Those were sold online and hoarded by the general population, so the hospitals were left without the amount needed.
They should have been offered to the Hospitals first. Of course not, when they can charge the public double or triple more, then the Hospitals pay.
But wouldn't these masks be better than the plain cotton ones that people are sewing to donate to hospitals. The ones on shoplc may not be the best, but if there is a need to provide masks until hospitals can get the N95 masks.... then the ones on shoplc should be donated - instead of sold to unsuspecting people that think they will be protected by the "fake" masks. I don't like the masks being sewn. ( thank you to those that are sewing masks ) and I don't like shoplc's fake masks.... but I am 100 % sure that those on the front line would appreciate ANY kind of mask under our current circumstances. I know mask production is up..... but how long will it be till they are actually on the faces of the people that need them???
9 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 4 years ago

Anything will do right now. Some hospitals are even using bandanas or the cloth masks. I have a cloth mask and I spray mine down with Lysol completely if I have to go out. I feel bad for the healthcare workers and people with compromised immune systems that can't get the right items.
4 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@Angelflutter
I think these are 3 layers, so depending what material is used in the homemade ones. Both are inadequate for medical personnel.
My kids in the medical field have the right masks, and keep on disinfecting them. I know when I worked, I was always given a complete set of protective clothing, etc. . When I came out of the isolation room, I discarded everything into a red bag. Next time I entered, there was fresh set.
So scary. There are young Doctors and Nurses who contracted the virus from their patients, and died. Others on vents. Others doing ok.
That goes against the theory that its the elderly that are at highest risk. Maybe so, but plenty of much younger people are on respirators.
8 x

DiehardLCcustomer

Post by DiehardLCcustomer » 4 years ago

How does one go about reporting these guys? I have been a huge fan but for/until realizing the not accidental but actually being unapologetic about their deceitful ways and shamelessly & insistently being the "snake oil sales type" group of TV/Cable shopping networks. I really hate they are showing their true colors for all to see (except for the rainbow and unicorn ignoramus' who refer to these legitimate "too far" mentions as being hate. Stupid is incurable so best let them float around on their above it attitude while they hover beneath the effort and protection of those who are not lazy or unwilling to actually care about others despite the cute and sweet speak they use for showmanship. Anyway, price gouging to misleading abuse of public trust, maybe reporting them is the way to respond to this if it is as reported.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

No one knows who is buying these masks. It could be health-care workers themselves as well as their families buying them to donate. At least some people will be getting some kind of protection.

Instead of raising a stink about a product being available, why don't y'all buy some and donate them?
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Hello I am temporarily locking this thread. However, I can confirm that we do have a response we will be sharing soon. Thank you very much for your understanding.
3 x