Wednesday 3/25 Coffee ☕☕☕

Blossom

Re: Wednesday 3/25 Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Here's my possum story. First time I saw one was after a few months when I moved here, was going to put full garbage bag into trash can on porch, and it was dusk already, and I heard this terrible hissing like noise, made me jump out of my skin. Little did I know, but a possum was next to garbage can and I walked out so quick, where I was then standing, I had cornered it. Never corner a possum lol. I ran back in house and turned the porch light on. I believe the smell of garbage in that can drew the possum. So now I just tie up bags tightly and keep them in the laundry room until garbage day so I don't attract them. Also once during storm last year, I heard a thud on roof, then rolling. I was terrified, thought something, maybe hail or limb, struck roof and did damage. I turned on porch lights and went outside. There was a very white looking possum out in the yard and it was running towards the house straight at me. I started screaming, and it did not change course until the last minute, it went to side and ran through car port and around to the back. Once since then, I have seen it on the back at night walking up next to the house like it was a pet dog or something, blew my mind. I opened the back door, looked at him, he looked at me, and just STOOD there calmly, then he went on. As far as my black kitty goes, I believe she puts him on the run probably, when it comes down to it. So, guess I have pet possum too, but don't see it around anymore and it may have died because it was definitely older.

I was always more of a dog person, but have had a few cats. Their names were Smokey, Meowma, Panama, and Precious Moments. Dogs names were Blackie, Rock and Margaret (weiner dogs), Tiny (chihuahua), Angie (poodle), Eric, Dale and Princess (Jack Russells).
You know the saying 'playing possum'? I've yet to see one do that but I have more than once, seen them act ferocious. I've watched them on my porch & suddenly that nose goes up & then they high tail it because all of a sudden another one appears. Had one snarling & carrying on while chasing another one. They were so focused I almost got run over! Mating or territorial, either way don't want to be in their path! I think they're abit unpredictable!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--

Well it has been a bit of an interesting day. Wednesday is my grocery shopping day and since I didn't want to get mugged for my coffee or something I arranged for a ride. Big mistake. Got there and walked back out to my friend's car with my three heavily laden bags. I thought since I wasn't walking I should get the BIG bag of potatoes, a gallon of milk instead of a quart, etc. I get in the car. Clickclickclick. The engine is definitely not turning over. Battery problem? I check the posts--snug fit and fairly clean. I check the terminal connections--they're tight. What could it be? It seems the driver had sat with the car off, but the lights on and the radio going for the entire 50 minutes I was in the cattle shute lines-6 ft-apart-deal in the store. Used my cell phone to call for aid and ended up limping my way home while playing the ultimate beast of burden. I just can't catch a break with both hands and a butterfly net!

Ta ta! Off for more adventures.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Washington State Update:

Once again no update as once again the Dept of Heath's site is down "due to ongoing difficulties with this site current figures are not available at this time".

OK, maybe I don't really want to know anyhow.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--

Well it has been a bit of an interesting day. Wednesday is my grocery shopping day and since I didn't want to get mugged for my coffee or something I arranged for a ride. Big mistake. Got there and walked back out to my friend's car with my three heavily laden bags. I thought since I wasn't walking I should get the BIG bag of potatoes, a gallon of milk instead of a quart, etc. I get in the car. Clickclickclick. The engine is definitely not turning over. Battery problem? I check the posts--snug fit and fairly clean. I check the terminal connections--they're tight. What could it be? It seems the driver had sat with the car off, but the lights on and the radio going for the entire 50 minutes I was in the cattle shute lines-6 ft-apart-deal in the store. Used my cell phone to call for aid and ended up limping my way home while playing the ultimate beast of burden. I just can't catch a break with both hands and a butterfly net!

Ta ta! Off for more adventures.
How awful! Was help on the way?
2 x

JewelryQueen

--

To all you pet owners out there who think your furry friends don't have middle names, they do. It's "neeme", or pronounced that way anyway as it is spelled NMI which stands for no middle initial and used when one doesn't have a middle name.
3 x

JewelryQueen

@Blossom

Yes. After I schlepped my grub home I got Mike, my roomie, to go down and jump the car They brought it back here where he put it on the battery charger. Mike beat the other help as we're only 3 blocks from the store. All's well that ends well, as I didn't get mugged but did get my exercise.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Washington updated Update:

2,580 confirmed cases and 134 dead.

According to the Dept of Health their site is going down all the time because they have ten times the number of tests to go through.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Opossums are really cool! I love thems. They are more blind than they can see, they eat ticks and other nasty pests, they don't carry rabies like raccoons because their body temperature is low, they never attack as they are scaredy cats, and speaking of cats, opossums and cats dig each other. I feel sorry for them, bless their hearts. God bless them.

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm just popping in and want to say hello!

Alabama started the day with 103 confirmed coronavirus victims and ended the day with 386.<<< depressing.

Why can't our government give everyone eligible $1200 A MONTH instead of a ONE TIME PAYMENT? Do they think that the virus will be gone in one month? Nope. Idiots on BOTH sides of the isle.

Sigh.

Love to each and every one of you!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Also, I'm sorry to report my State's coronavirus numbers to yours JewelryQueen. Kills me. We had our first death in Alabama today. Nothing compared to your State and I'm sorry.
3 x

JewelryQueen

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

Trust me, this virus thing is not a contest I want to win. We are all in this together.

Thanks again for checking in. You know you matter to me.
4 x